Bulls offseason Thread

Rose didnt play like himself but if your a Bulls fan you have to keep in mind this was his first season back after missing 2 Full seasons, and on top he came back from a surgery. Including the playoffs he maybe had 15-20 games under his belt since returning. And all things considered he played relatively well, just not MVP level ball which shouldve never been expected

I think him finally completing a season and then going into the playoffs and doing well is gonna do WONDERS for his confidence, and he will finally have an offseason to dedicate to completely redirecting his game towards more of what we see now. Ya'll also have to realize dude is still younger then Steph Curry, an entire off season and actual NBA games under his belt should gear him towards becoming about 90% of the player he use to be.

Jimmy HAS to be maxed point Blank PERIOD.

ya'll have Pau for 8 Mil a year, and hes still putting up AS numbers. yall still have Niko, Mcdermott, & tradable assets in Noah & Gibson.. this team needs some moves but its far from a "blow up" situation.

A couple of days later and I'm still confused about why Derrick had 4 shot attempts in the second half ..

I would've been happier to see him go 0 for 15 in the second.

Last edited:
I'm happy with the progress rose has made. when he attacks the rim, it gives me flashbacks to before all the injuries. He's still fast and now he's finishing better at the rim than he was earlier this season. The 3 point shot needs a lot of work though.. The shot is flat and a lot of his misses hit off the front iron.
Most importantly, he looks confident and I'm happy he was able to come back this season and play til the end. Looking forward to his play next season

Between Jo, Pau, taj and niko that's about $35 mil next season so I have a feeling taj will get traded to make room for jimmys deal.
Honestly though, I'd rather trade Jo. He's the emotional leader and all but with his dip in production plus $13.5 mil salary, I think they should unload his expiring contract which shouldn't be hard to do.

Rose didnt play like himself but if your a Bulls fan you have to keep in mind this was his first season back after missing 2 Full seasons, and on top he came back from a surgery. Including the playoffs he maybe had 15-20 games under his belt since returning. And all things considered he played relatively well, just not MVP level ball which shouldve never been expected

I think him finally completing a season and then going into the playoffs and doing well is gonna do WONDERS for his confidence, and he will finally have an offseason to dedicate to completely redirecting his game towards more of what we see now. Ya'll also have to realize dude is still younger then Steph Curry, an entire off season and actual NBA games under his belt should gear him towards becoming about 90% of the player he use to be.

Jimmy HAS to be maxed point Blank PERIOD.

ya'll have Pau for 8 Mil a year, and hes still putting up AS numbers. yall still have Niko, Mcdermott, & tradable assets in Noah & Gibson.. this team needs some moves but its far from a "blow up" situation.
This. To be honest with you, we just need a few minor adjustments in terms of a backup center and we should be good. I like Kirk and he hit some big shots for us, but dude is washed.Not sure why at times he would get more minutes than Brooks especially when we needed scoring. I know Brooks can be a liability on defense due to his size, but we could've covered him on the defensive end similar to how Cleveland did with Kyrie. Mcdermot imo should've gotten more burn during the regular season to prep him for the post, but he got injured and I guess Thibs didn't like how he was playing on defense. I personally think Niko should've been given more touches when he comes off the bench. At times I felt like whichever ball dominant player that was in with him at the time would ball hog and chuck up some bad shots for the entire duration that Niko was in and waste possessions. Sadly things didn't go our way this year, but I feel like we can still contend next year. I wish Thibs would work on his offense more instead of just his defense. We can make all the stops in the world and catch all the defensive rebounds, but if we aren't putting guys in positions to score especially when Rose and Jimmy go cold, then we can't expect to win anything. I know the refs were working with Cleveland, but I seen there were plays where we would pass to Taj down low or he would get a defensive rebound and try to put it up against TT and Mozgov who are both taller than him and double him instead of trying to swing the ball to the open man and then complain for a foul when it doesn't go his way. And he would do this multiple times a game.Noah was stinking it up considering all the **** he has talked throughout the years. He needs stop these dumb awkward hook shots and trying to bring the ball up the court. I also think he needs to work on his post game. I know he played well for us last year, but I never liked his offensive game even then.

Last edited:
very disappointed with yet another loss to lebron, i truly understand what its like to be a knicks fan during jordan era. we had the better talent by far and lost. i just dont understand how we can lose and lebron had only one lebron type game in 6 games. you can't lose. maybe it is time for thibs to leave. i don't know whos call it was to have rose on bench to start 4th if its thibs its a horrible call if its rose i dont know. our season on the line and we are down 13 and hes not out there? noah wasnt himself and pau hurt didnt help but cavs were no where close to full strength.

I think we need to replace kirk and aaron brooks with rodney stuckey and draft a PG

wouldnt shock me if marc gasol wants out of Memphis. does he want NY? LA? or chance to have a bro front line in Chicago? does Noah and mcdermott and our first get it done? i cant see another team offering more in sign and trade...

odds are this team won't change much. A good addition could be a much improved Snell. He def has shown he is an NBA player when rose went down he got more min and did well. I think he can make another big jump in improvement and big a key for us next year. He needs to work with jimmy in the offsason

Joakim can't be our 3rd or 4th best player.

I was extremely disappointed with his play. Forgetting how much is on the shot clock, looking allergic to shooting, trying to play point guard. It just didn't look like his head was in the game.

I mean, he isn't the only guy on the team to blame but he deserves a lot of it.

The next move gotta be a young big. And a coach that can develop young talent, who's more willing to experiment with lineups.

Maybe if Niko Snell and Doug can continue to improve, that will be good enough. If Snell can make even half the same strides Butler has...

Last edited:
Rumors that Rose and Butler had tensions in Game 6 on offense. 

What's being said is that Rose let Butler take the ball and do what he tries to do. So that probably explains the passive demeanor of Rose in Game 6. 

Last edited:
I only pray that is proven wrong. I would hate to know that Drose is that kind of person. I'd rather believe voodoo was involved with that terrible **** I watched.

We don't have the cap salary for a quality center so we will probably have to draft one. I also hope those rumors are BS.

Rumors that Rose and Butler had tensions in Game 6 on offense. 
What's being said is that Rose let Butler take the ball and do what he tries to do. So that probably explains the passive demeanor of Rose in Game 6. 

I actually believe that there's tension between Rose and Butler, just judging from the times Butler will look off Rose and swing to the other side, but the story might be embellished.

Last edited:
I just think the tension is embellished because it doesn't happen too often. Jimmy looking off Rose. And Rose seems to hit Jimmy everytime he's open.

But there was this one time .. I think it happened during the Bucks series..

Jimmy was getting trapped in the corner and Rose was clearly open, all it would've taken was a very short bounce pass, but Jimmy forced a much harder pass cross court and it resulted in a turnover... I wanted to kill Jimmy then. Lol

Anyway, the times that Jimmy has looked off Rose, I chalked it up to Jimmy lacking court vision. But now that this rumor has come to light, it makes sense a little bit.

Last edited:
I just think the tension is embellished because it doesn't happen too often. Jimmy looking off Rose. And Rose seems to hit Jimmy everytime he's open.

But there was this one time .. I think it happened during the Bucks series..

Jimmy was getting trapped in the corner and Rose was clearly open, all it would've taken was a very short bounce pass, but Jimmy forced a much harder pass cross court and it resulted in a turnover... I wanted to kill Jimmy then. Lol

Anyway, the times that Jimmy has looked off Rose, I chalked it up to Jimmy lacking court vision. But now that this rumor has come to light, it makes sense a little bit.
yeah, I don't think it's a big deal anyways. It's more so of Rose probably seeing what Jimmy can do and Rose (Bulls) do have faith AND Confidence in Jimmy Butler. 

I like to say that it's just Rose wanting to see what Jimmy will do. Trial and Error for Jimmy. It's surprising to see Rose being passive in a Game 6 and allowing Jimmy to do what Jimmy has always wanted to do since the Series with the Wizards last year, Jimmy made it known to the media that he wanted more plays to be ran for him and that he was upset at Thibs for that reason. 

I've noticed this since Jan/Feb... But didn't want to put much effort into it. Seems to have some validity to what I seen during games tho. They seem quiet towards each other. And maybe that's why Pooh always brings up "we need to talk more/ talk more" during post games and interviews

I think the tension between Jimmy and derrick is caused by the hype of drose in the media.
That they write everything about any hit or injury and treating him like the sole superstar in the Bulls team.
but during this season it was mainly jimmy who carried the bulls to 50 wins as drose was sidelined much and when he was on court he mostly looked much mortal in the offense.
hope that both can look over their ego and focus on winning as a team.

It's just funny that the two of them would be beefin with each other like this

I mean, Rose comes off as confident, not arrogant

Jimmy is always saying to the media 'nah, don't call me a superstar. I just want to win' etc.

that sword is 100% double edged because I called bs when I first read it but the more I thought about the last part of the season, the bucks series, the rose game winner & jimmy not caring, them being really quiet between each other .... all makes sense now

need to hash that bs out

rose has a full healthy offseason (even if his offseason running mates aren't 100% in russ & k love)
tony needs to have a jimmy esque offseason & if that means no ps4 or cable until oct so ******* be it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom