Burnett a Yankee ...

can't say that i'm excited about signing burnett but i am happy the yanks are at least rollin the dice. make sense ? i mean they're signing the topfree agents out there so thats all you can ask for right ?

i hope this dude stays healthy.

with that said no more bad mouthing aj, he's a yankee now and he is immortal in my eyes
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Originally Posted by JoE TwEnTy1

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

The dude has won more than 12 games ONCE in his career and has never had an ERA under 3.30. And he is injury prone. 5 years, 82.5 mil? Really?

Because wins is how you should judge a pitcher right?

Its not the best signing but I look at it as paying Pettitte half a million more than last year.

You really think he is worth anywhere near what he got? Are you serious? I didn't say wins are how to judge a pitcher. He is a solid pitcher but he's not 80 million good. And on top of that, 5 years? Dude is injury prone. Who knows, maybe he'll stay healthy and pitch well for you guys. I'm just saying that this probably wasn't the smartest deal to make IMO.
He is not worth 16.5 a year, your right. But its not because he only won 12 games once. That's not how a pitcher should be judged. Its agamble with this deal, a gamble the Yankees can take. If he does stay healthy, big if, would any team really wanna face CC, Wang and Burnett in a short series?
If we resign Pettitte we have the depth to take a risk. If Burnett goes down we have Hughes, Aceves and Kennedy all which should be enough in a 5th starterrole.

You don't gamble on 5 years 80 million. Especially not for a pitcher with a career ERA of 3.81 spanning 6 seasons in the NL and 3 in the AL.

Yankees should have signed Sheets. He is a true gamble. 2 years 30 million is nothing. If he busts, he busts, but it's only for 2 years.

His record against AL East teams (esp against the Yankees
sick.gif
) was the main reason the Yankees went and got Burnett.

Should've given him five consecutive one-year deals imo

There will always be people hating on the Yankees. That's how you know they are back. Can't wait to see CC, Burnett, Wang and Joba this season.

People are "hating" because they are inflating the pitching market by overpaying for both CC and Burnett. It doesn't show that they are back,the Red Sox have a deeper squad. If they land Texeira, fuggedaboutit.

The Yankees overspending is just another sign that baseball needs a cap. The funny thing is that when someone mentions "Salary Cap" in baseball theyare automatically hating on the Yankees,
laugh.gif
. MLB will just be saving theYankees from themselves. Since the Yankees started overspending they have yet to win a title. What has their farm system produced? Please don't mentionall the hot trash the Yanks and the NY media are trying to peddle on other teams,
laugh.gif

The Yankees won all the titles in the late 90's due to in house players: Jeter, Posada, Mariano, Williams, etc. While adding pieces here and there, nowthey just go for the biggest name. I understand throwing all that money at CC, but AJ Burnett?
smh.gif

Yea the Yankees are buggin with Burnett. With the inflation they have put on the pitchers market this offseason Kei Igawa could get a multi million dollar ayear deal when he becomes a free agent. This is coming from a Boston fan so a lot will just take it as hate but the smart Yankee fans (yes there are some onhere) know that you overpaid for Burnett.

CC I can give you guys a pass but I think he is still a risk at 7 years. He was not as dominant just 2 years ago with Cleveland, he dominated in the Nationalleague because the lineups in the NL just arent as stacked as the AL. No doubt congrats on your signings it should make for an interesting couple years. I justfeel like those last 2 years on each of their contracts will be ugly years for atleast one of them if not both.

Say what you want about the Burnett signing....

but this is shaping up to be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

1. CC
2. Wang
3. Burnett
4. Sheets/Pettitte
5. Joba

im hearing that sheets is getting an offer as we speak ... this leads me to believe that pettite will not be returning ... crazy spending will only increase inthe coming days

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Carl Pavono 2.0. Dude is tin man. I can't wait to see yankee's fans crying when C.C. falls apart dude to Milwaukee destroying his arm and AJbeing injured, well, cause he's always injured.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

frown.gif
Wish he could've stayed.
No you don't.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Over under Burnett starts 10 games before he gets injured?
laugh.gif

I don't care if burrnett kills us for the rest of his contract because I know he is still god for a shoulder/elbow injury every 1.5 seasons.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Carl Pavono 2.0. Dude is tin man. I can't wait to see yankee's fans crying when C.C. falls apart dude to Milwaukee destroying his arm and AJ being injured, well, cause he's always injured.
CC, Wang, AJ, Sheets/(Andy), Joba >>>>> just about anything in baseball.... and for sure the Muts

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I GUARANTEE the NYY will regret this decision. Burnett is beyond horrible, dude only racked up all those wins because of the run support he got. Halladaypitched a couple of complete games in which he only allowed 1-2 runs and still lost. On the other hand, Burnett would allow 5 runs in 5 IP and still get thewin
eyes.gif

This guy only shows up to play maybe 1/3 of the season, the rest of the time he's just waiting for his check to be deposited.

There is no justice in baseball. Burnett is making more money than ROY HALLADAY
indifferent.gif

eyes.gif
...............Another Yankee off season another 200-300Million spent onsalaries.... yet they can't make it to the playoffs.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I GUARANTEE the NYY will regret this decision. Burnett is beyond horrible
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

You sure know a lot about baseball....

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

eyes.gif
...............Another Yankee off season another 200-300Million spent on salaries.... yet they can't make it to the playoffs.
We only missed the playoffs ONE year.... and that's because our SP sucked... and we had BIG injuries to Wang, Matsui, Poada....then Joba
Now we've addressed our SP problem and WANG will be back
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Playoffs in 09

I still disregard any comment about the MLB needing a cap.

The "cap" comment only gets brought up when the Yanks sign big name players for mega bucks.

With that said..

AJ is a gamble, but for the past 2-3 seasons, we've needed pitching in the worst way. Getting Sheets would definitely help us.

Then maybe we can go after Manny
devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom