Buying Used Sneakers

Advantages: cheaper price, can still be in great condition, if you're planning on wearing them instead of keeping them DS why not save yourself some money on a fresh but used pair.

disadvantages: my biggest beef is that everyone claims their pairs are "Vvvvnds" but the actual condition can range from a true only worn once to semi beat when labeled this. I hate it when people list their shoes as DS but then in the description say they've been worn. It's not DS then!! Example "DS only worn 5 times!!!!!". Also sometimes you don't get all the accessories like laces and OG box. So when buying online it's you don't really know what you're getting.

I personally prefer to buy DS online. I buy not DS is if the price is too sweet to pass up and they're a pair I have on stock. Example: I have a pair of DS Jedis but would buy another pair of non-DS Jedis if the price is right and I see a lot of pics of them in still good condition to continue to keep my DS pair on ice.

One of the pros would be the price.  If a shoe is worn the asking price for them should be reasonable.  However, I have seen people trying to sell a $160 for $250 after it has been worn a couple of times.  I would watch out for listings like that.  

Should I disinfect a pair of used shoes before I get them? If the shoes have been worn around 10 times, will the footbed be molded to fit the original owner?

I don't mind buying mildly used shoes, especially for older shoes with midsoles that tend to breakdown if the shoe goes unused.

Originally Posted by AttitudeMatters

Should I disinfect a pair of used shoes before I get them? If the shoes have been worn around 10 times, will the footbed be molded to fit the original owner?

sure clean them out. If the footbed is uncomfortable you can always get new insoles. I've bought 4 pairs of used shoes in the last year. 2 in person for unbelievably good prices, and 2 on Ebay from spectacular feedback sellers with a ton of pictures.

Nothing wrong with buying used shoes. If the condition is right and price too. Just get a lot of pic.

good way to get kix cheap or rare kicks. I bought used OG blk/navy XIII lows. Not perfect, but I needed them for my collection, happy I purchased

How "used" are you talking?

Personally, if I see signs of real wear and tread being taken off of them, I pass.  I will only buy VNDS and some NDS kicks that are well taken care of and still clean that can pass as DS to an untrained eye.

I have friends that will only wear DS kicks, but picking up a very nice fresh pair of VNDS kicks has many advantages.  Most dudes selling kicks on NT are such obsessive fiends (like myself) about keeping their shoes clean and crispy, you can easily find "used" kicks that look unworn.

I don't mind buying VNDS shoes. I just make sure that the person sends me a lot of pictures so I can confirm the quality.

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Personally, if I see signs of real wear and tread being taken off of them, I pass.  I will only buy VNDS and some NDS kicks that are well taken care of and still clean that can pass as DS to an untrained eye.

I have friends that will only wear DS kicks, but picking up a very nice fresh pair of VNDS kicks has many advantages.  Most dudes selling kicks on NT are such obsessive fiends (like myself) about keeping their shoes clean and crispy, you can easily find "used" kicks that look unworn.
This.

Very rare that I'll buy a pair of used shoes.  I'll only buy them if I know the person has my level of OCD which is tough to find.
laugh.gif

I personally don't like buying used, I have only done so once for a pair of customs. Other than that its DS or bust, like somebody above posted the shoes will mold to the original persons foot......

I'll cop used kicks if the price is right and they look great. I'm very good at cleaning up shoes, and even when I've bought beaters (OG 12s and 13s) I've managed to make them look pretty nice. I wear all my shoes, so I'm not stressing if a pair's already been worn a couple times as long as they look fresh. Recent cops include VNDS Raging Bull 5s for $260 instead of the $350 they go for DS, and VNDS Varsity Red/Black 6s for $220 instead of $300ish. Both could pretty much pass for new.

Originally Posted by MaddoxKay

I'll cop used kicks if the price is right and they look great. I'm very good at cleaning up shoes, and even when I've bought beaters (OG 12s and 13s) I've managed to make them look pretty nice. I wear all my shoes, so I'm not stressing if a pair's already been worn a couple times as long as they look fresh. Recent cops include VNDS Raging Bull 5s for $260 instead of the $350 they go for DS, and VNDS Varsity Red/Black 6s for $220 instead of $300ish. Both could pretty much pass for new.
Times have definitely changed.  That Raging Bull pack was selling well below retail at one point.

Thank god I got my VI's for $110 before this new era began.

always inquire how they were stored if theyre a few years old as well... you dont really want something that has been sitting in a hot ##% garage for years that could fall apart or are stiff if you plan on wearing them

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

Originally Posted by rojanjon

This.

Very rare that I'll buy a pair of used shoes.  I'll only buy them if I know the person has my level of OCD which is tough to find.
laugh.gif

I'M ALMOST A 100% POSITIVE THAT NOONE IS AS OCD AS ME WHEN IT COMES TO KEEPING A PAIR OF SHOES LOOKING DS
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by phangirl

Advantages: cheaper price, can still be in great condition, if you're planning on wearing them instead of keeping them DS why not save yourself some money on a fresh but used pair.

disadvantages: my biggest beef is that everyone claims their pairs are "Vvvvnds" but the actual condition can range from a true only worn once to semi beat when labeled this. I hate it when people list their shoes as DS but then in the description say they've been worn. It's not DS then!! Example "DS only worn 5 times!!!!!". Also sometimes you don't get all the accessories like laces and OG box. So when buying online it's you don't really know what you're getting.

I personally prefer to buy DS online. I buy not DS is if the price is too sweet to pass up and they're a pair I have on stock. Example: I have a pair of DS Jedis but would buy another pair of non-DS Jedis if the price is right and I see a lot of pics of them in still good condition to continue to keep my DS pair on ice.
deadstock is the most commonly misused term on nike talk that i see. Do you guys know what deadstock means? Deadstock means that its no longer in production and you basically cant find it at the stores anymore... a shoe can be used and deadstock all day... deadstock has nothing to do with whether the shoes are new or not....

^^ Funny you post that when you are putting deadstock in your signature to describe shoes you are selling....

Used kickz can go either way. I'll purchase used kickz if they have been worn once or twice, no wear and tear on them. Oh yea and definitely make sure the person's feet don't stink LMAO! I don't care how fresh they are but a foot odor is a major negative!

Originally Posted by MaddoxKay

Those VI's run for that much, wow.

I've worn mine two times and barely like them.

I am far too OCD to buy used kicks regradless of their condition, but I know that as the only way some kicks will ever be obtainable. Regardless, I never buy them.

Back
Top Bottom