BWGH x PUMA Fall/WInter 2014

any idea if i can file a CC chargeback claim against them? i'm sending them an email to see if the shoes have shipped. If they haven't then i'm gonna cancel, which i know would be a long drawn procedure and a chargeback may be a lot quicker.

so i feel lucky i finally passed on this pre-release and i am waiting for stores to get them..bwgh looks very unprofessional

so i feel lucky i finally passed on this pre-release and i am waiting for stores to get them..bwgh looks very unprofessional
unless you like having your money locked up for 8 weeks with no update whatsoever, then yes, you dodged a bullet. still hoping they show up unexpectedly on my door step though.

My preordered pair (Darkshadow XS-850) came in yesterday. I never received any kind of shipping confirmation beforehand. I'm glad they're finally here, because I'm taking a four-week trip to California with my gf next week and I feared they would arrive while I'm away. Usually you only get two weeks to pick up parcels that couldn't be delivered over here.

As for the shoes, I'm a bit underwhelmed. The materials used are quite good, especially the suede. But the stitching, glueing, cutting seem sub-par, especially where the upper is attached to the midsole. The painting on the midsole doesn't look that great either. Maybe I simply shouldn't have expected Bluefields quality, as this is a far bigger release. Maybe I'm too critical because of how the whole release went with BWGH's (lack of) communication. Maybe I'm spoiled because the last couple of shoes I bought all were awesome quality-wise.

All in all I would say they are still very nice and well-designed shoes. But if/when the 2015 pairs drop, I'll definitely wait for an instore release and won't buy a pair that I didn't have a chance to look at beforehand. 

View media item 1064877
View media item 1064878
Sorry about the bad images, I never take photos of my shoes and have no clue how to make them look good. The shape is nowhere near as bad as it appears in the first pic.

So you can see the two issues I was talking about. The suede around the toebox on the left shoe isn't properly cut and looks a bit frayed (sorry if that isn't the proper word, I couldn't come up with a better one). The midsole painting looks less than ideal and there are some issues with the glue.

The rest of the shoe is fine and you only notice these flaws when you look at the shoes closely (which of course all of us do, but regular people won't ;)). I was just a bit disappointed because BWGH is a rather small brand and so I thought the manufacturing quality would be roughly the same level as UK made NB, which are in the same price range and probably are produced in similar numbers.

Last edited:
Yeah, I preordered them in May and was still scared they might sell out in seconds back then...

^^ lucky! wanted to try and pre-order them but my size didn't show up on the site so I was pretty annoyed at that and now I'm just hoping they release stateside or at least in my size.

Took one for you
wink.gif
Again, sorry about my inability to make shoes look cool in pics.
Thx... very nice.

Just received a generic reply from them:

"Shipping for the pre-orders has started but as there is a great number of orders, this may take a little more time for us to ship than usual. It is just delayed.

We are really sorry about the inconvenience and do our best to ship your order the fastest possible."

Asian and Europe releases of the BWGH are confirmed for 11th july 2014
NO news so far for stateside releases

So apparently people that ordered the Puma x BWGH from the REGULAR RELEASE - a month after the pre-order - are receiving tracking numbers from BWGH.

I and many others that ordered during the pre-order has yet to receive anything.

I've never seen a company run like these idiots at BWGH. So waiting for a month I guess I just have to settle for getting my money back through my credit card company. There really should be some kind of penalty for being screwed around like this.

any info on where its gonna be released in asia?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom