CALI STYLE: How would u describe the difference in Bay Area style vs LA/socal style??

to me:
LA/Socal's got that surf/hollywood superficiality to the max vibe going on while the bay is a little more grounded, less serious about fashion (in a good way IMO), more layers too.

How would you describe the difference? I know females stay done up in both the north and the south, but northern chicks seem to rock less make-up and what not.

I think The Bay is more like a "traditional east coast hipster" cause of our weather.

Also, I was in Socal and my homegirl was driving and I was holding on for dear life.
laugh.gif
frown.gif

hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella

are you talking about just LA or all of SoCal?

Originally Posted by doin90onthefreeway

hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella hella
YEE

are you talking about just LA or all of SoCal?

You give Cali a bad name
grin.gif

^^^Yes....that is definitely a Nor Cal slang. Always got bagged on by my cousins in LA for using that.

I think the Bay is a good hybrid of all fashions. You see the hipsters, the gang bangers, the thugs, the metros, the rockers, the back packers....I mean we have it all. It just depends on which area of the Bay you are in. East Bay heads are a lot different then city heads.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

^^^Yes....that is definitely a Nor Cal slang. Always got bagged on by my cousins in LA for using that.

I think the Bay is a good hybrid of all fashions. You see the hipsters, the gang bangers, the thugs, the metros, the rockers, the back packers...

and LA doesnt?
laugh.gif

that %@*$ is annoying
eyes.gif

" i hella want to get something eat cuz im hella hungry and i hella want Carls Jr."

indifferent.gif

edit

Animal Thug1539- yea im furious, i wish i were from Lohio
ohwell.gif

Is it just me or do cats from LA be on some holier than thou type steez? My friends cousin came to visit and homegirl was trying to style so hard. Talking bout "oh yea, we been on that, we been had this, ya'll barely on this? ya'll late, blah blah blah"

I think the Bay is a good hybrid of all fashions. You see the hipsters, the gang bangers, the thugs, the metros, the rockers, the back packers...

and LA doesnt?
laugh.gif

that %@*$ is annoying
eyes.gif

" i hella want to get something eat cuz im hella hungry and i hella want Carls Jr."

I don't know what kinda Norcal people you kick it with but I don't know anyone who uses "hella" that excessively. You should probably separate yourself from those people.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Is it just me or do cats from LA be on some holier than thou type steez? My friends cousin came to visit and homegirl was trying to style so hard. Talking bout "oh yea, we been on that, we been had this, ya'll barely on this? ya'll late, blah blah blah"

dude sounds like he listen to "we off dat" one too many times. A bunch of douchery if u ask me and does not rep the entire socal population. lol

and LA doesnt?
laugh.gif

that %@*$ is annoying
eyes.gif

indifferent.gif

edit

Animal Thug1539

- yea im furious, i wish i were from Lohio
ohwell.gif

But yet there is still a difference between LA and Bay. Maybe it's more the attitudes behind the fashion that make us both different and not the clothing.

With regard to SoCal and its differences, I definitely preferred living in LA County over OC.

I picture myself living in NorCal, when I eventually move back. I like the weather in NorCal.

socal/la - leather/pleather jackets

norcal - northface zipped all the way up with a hood

Back
Top Bottom