CALI STYLE: How would u describe the difference in Bay Area style vs LA/socal style??

CAto312 wrote:
With regard to SoCal and its differences, I definitely preferred living in LA County over OC.

I picture myself living in NorCal, when I eventually move back. I like the weather in NorCal.

Really? Its 70 in LA right now. And its been raining all week up here.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

To me, its:

The Bay > LA anyday.

period.

the weather, the girls, shopping, food, the freeways
laugh.gif
, trees, music, everything

LA is cool but they are behind on a lot of things when it comes to the bay. i mean, we started the whole lowridng thing before they did
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

To me, its:

The Bay > LA anyday.

period.

laugh.gif

LA is cool but they are behind on a lot of things when it comes to the bay. i mean, we started the whole lowridng thing before they did
laugh.gif

roll.gif
yea right

Originally Posted by doin90onthefreeway

To me, its:

The Bay > LA anyday.

period.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
yea right

look it up. lowriding started in san jose. do you know where lowrider magazine was founded? san jose. im speaking facts

[h1]
[h1]Lowrider Magazine[/h1]
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
[table]Lowrider[tr][td]
Issue of Lowrider Magazine[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Editor-in-chief[/th][td]Joe Ray[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Categories[/th][td]Automobile magazines[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Frequency[/th][td]Monthly[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Publisher[/th][td]SOURCE INTERLINK MEDIA.[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Year founded[/th][td]1977.[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Country[/th][td]United States[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Language[/th][td]English[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Website[/th][td]Lowrider[/td][/tr][/table]
Lowrider Magazine is a monthly magazine about cars, focusing almost exclusively on the style known as a lowrider. The magazine has also released a series of videos available on DVD.[sup][1][/sup] It was founded in 1977 with the first issue coming out of San Jose, California.
[/h1]

Never been to the Bay, but these LA Mexican hood shorties drawin' their eyebrows witta Sharpie are sexy as hell to me for some reason
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Is it just me or do cats from LA be on some holier than thou type steez? My friends cousin came to visit and homegirl was trying to style so hard. Talking bout "oh yea, we been on that, we been had this, ya'll barely on this? ya'll late, blah blah blah"
you swear like east coast cats don't do the same thing.
just look at the new york style thread, each borough tryna claim something first.
laugh.gif

Norcal ppl are nicer, polite, more down to earth and have manners. That's what my Mexican cuzzo's from Riverside tell me when they make the trip up north & visit.

These posts should never be created. An innocent question like this always turns into turf wars.

And regardless of titles, the Warriors fans are one of the most dedicated I have ever seen. We always have games packed and yet, we are always in last place in our division (well, above the Kings at least). That is some repect right there and not one is at fault except for the Warriors management.

"I did find after doing much research that Southern California did in fact play a huge part in promoting the lowrider movement, but lowriders in East L.A. did not emerge on Whittier Blvd until they were introduced by Mexican immigrants from Juarez and El Paso in the late 1940’s. Or did these immigrants enter the U.S. from Tijuana?  Nobody seems to know for sure, none other than Mauricio Herrera.
“I was born and raised in Juarez’s down town district and remember older pachuco’s sand bagging their cars as early as 1939. People thought the idea was insane.

Originally Posted by doin90onthefreeway

period.

laugh.gif

look it up. lowriding started in san jose. do you know where lowrider magazine was founded? san jose. im speaking facts

[h1]
[h1]Lowrider Magazine[/h1]
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
[table]Lowrider[tr][td]
Issue of Lowrider Magazine[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Editor-in-chief[/th][td]Joe Ray[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Categories[/th][td]Automobile magazines[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Frequency[/th][td]Monthly[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Publisher[/th][td]SOURCE INTERLINK MEDIA.[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Year founded[/th][td]1977.[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Country[/th][td]United States[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Language[/th][td]English[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Website[/th][td]Lowrider[/td][/tr][/table]
Lowrider Magazine is a monthly magazine about cars, focusing almost exclusively on the style known as a lowrider. The magazine has also released a series of videos available on DVD.[sup][1][/sup] It was founded in 1977 with the first issue coming out of San Jose, California.
[/h1]

Lowrider Magazine was founded in San Jose, but you are wrong about the culture of lowriders.  Latinos in SoCal have been customizing their cars since before the Zoot Suit riots.  Read up on it if you wish, it's interesting.

Feel free to follow the link:  Lowriders

Crazy how the Editor and Founder of the magazine was influenced by a car that was built in East LA.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Chargers doing their thing.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

chargers-cheerleader.jpg

Charger Girls are
pimp.gif
.  Me and my crew try to get a game in every season (tougher since we all live in LA/OC).  Sad to say, one of my boys doesnt even care whats going on on the field.  He's too busy hollerin at them Charger Girls.

but to get to the topic, i grew up in socal (inland empire). lived in the OC for college, currently living in san diego, and been tot he bay a few times.

each area is unique and has its different vibe.

all of california is appreciated
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom