CALI STYLE: How would u describe the difference in Bay Area style vs LA/socal style??

SoCal weather is the best, no doubt/ style Mmm I keep it simple: j's, cargo shorts, t-shirt or just casual / no need to drive 1 or 2 hours to go to the beach or club/bar, everything is around you..... Now I'm from the bay and I hate driving to frisco or sac but sometimes you just have to, to get out of the usual or out of ur little town. Love it though because is pretty chill. To mind your own, I like both....

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

lowriding started on story and king. end of discussion

i'd expect somebody with a grape st impala in their avy to know that

LA is cool though. theres just no place like home
?
grape st??? since when are Latinos on grape street?
laugh.gif

my dude, quit while youre ahead

Grape street is all Crips. Crips are mainly black. what business do Latinos have on Grape St?

roll.gif
roll.gif

stop it, just stop it

East LA, Whittier blvd, Boyle Heights is all Chicano, and the Home of Lowriders in the US

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Chargers doing their thing.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

chargers-cheerleader.jpg

Charger Girls are
pimp.gif
.  Me and my crew try to get a game in every season (tougher since we all live in LA/OC).  Sad to say, one of my boys doesnt even care whats going on on the field.  He's too busy hollerin at them Charger Girls.

Yeah man. Field section seats in front of the girls are very much appreciated. What obstructed view?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by doin90onthefreeway

?
laugh.gif

Grape street is all Crips. Crips are mainly black. what business do Latinos have on Grape St?

roll.gif
roll.gif

stop it, just stop it

East LA, Whittier blvd, Boyle Heights is all Chicano, and the Home of Lowriders in the US

you tell me. you're the one with their car in your avy? 
laugh.gif

I think the Bay is a good hybrid of all fashions. You see the hipsters, the gang bangers, the thugs, the metros, the rockers, the back packers....I mean we have it all. It just depends on which area of the Bay you are in. East Bay heads are a lot different then city heads.
Sometimes I wonder that people visit other places with their eyes closed.

The Bay Area is great, I'm not going to lie, I haven't really ventured out from SF/Berkeley/Vallejo.  I love SF, it's a great city.  Berkeley is
grin.gif
, and Vallejo is similar to the 909/951 down here.

It's hard to compare the two, since NorCal is a cluster in terms of big cities (Not counting Sac
sick.gif
), while the cities down here are more spread out, which trips out my brother and his friends when they come down.  They trip on the abundance of freeways down here, 'cause they are our lifeline.  Personally, SoCal just has more to offer, great weather, you can hit the beaches (HB, Hermosa, Redondo, Santa Monica), go inland (Snowboarding: Big Bear, Mt. High), have two awesome "getaway" cities in Santa Barbara and San Diego.

?
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

stop it, just stop it

are u even from l.a.??????????

i live in los angeles and there are whole bunh of latinos walking around with the purple tee. and whats sad is that the black and latinos are beefing eventough its the same gang
tired.gif

as for nor cal.....

they try so hard trying to be better tha l.a.. they just think of us too much.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Chargers doing their thing.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

chargers-cheerleader.jpg

Charger Girls are
pimp.gif
.  Me and my crew try to get a game in every season (tougher since we all live in LA/OC).  Sad to say, one of my boys doesnt even care whats going on on the field.  He's too busy hollerin at them Charger Girls.

Yeah man. Field section seats in front of the girls are very much appreciated. What obstructed view?
laugh.gif

roll.gif
 damn.... you know whats up.  One year I made the "mistake" of getting Field level Row 1 on about the 35 yard line.  We got to our seats and I was pissed at myself for underestimating the "obstructed view"  It was difficult to watch the game from that vantage point.  Leaving the game, my boy was like dude BEST SEATS EVER!!!!!  I shoulda slapped him.

you tell me. you're the one with their car in your avy? 
laugh.gif

oh ok, so because the lowrider is purple, it belongs to a crip gang in Watts?

my dude. the owner is from grape st. it says "grapest" on the plates
laugh.gif

i'd show you the link but that website is blocked at work

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

are u even from l.a.??????????

i live in watts and there are whole bunh of latinos walking around with the purple tee. and whats sad is that the black and latinos are beefing eventough its the same gang
tired.gif

as for nor cal.....

they try so hard trying to be better tha l.a.. they just think of us too much.
tired.gif

laugh.gif
i live in the hood, and let me tell u, wearing purple does not make you a gangbanger

yes, Latinos live in the Jordan downs projects and on/near Grape st, but they arent Crips
laugh.gif

edit, 940, yea from the Lowrider magazine
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I love the Bay sometimes, but right now in my life i rather live in LA. There is more things to do out there and i love the weather. I hate the rain, and "it never rains in southern california" word to Tony Toni Tone

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

To me, its:

The Bay > LA anyday.

period.

the weather, the girls, shopping, food, the freeways
laugh.gif
, trees, music, everything

LA is cool but they are behind on a lot of things when it comes to the bay. i mean, we started the whole lowridng thing before they did
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
 Behind the bay in what ways? I like the bay and all, but y'all try way too hard to put down socal. It seems like every thread about Cali, someone from the Bay comes out of no where to bash LA. When most people move to Cali, what part do they typically move to?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

women in so cal > women in norcal. food and all that !+$% is the pretty much the same.
Yes.

I've partied up north, and there are good looking females they are just not in abundance.  Must be the weather.  I've taken my brother and his boys to a couple of bars Downtown, not impressed.  Took them to Hermosa, *jaws dropped*.  Didn't want to give them too much too early,
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

Norcal ppl are nicer, polite, more down to earth and have manners. That's what my Mexican cuzzo's from Riverside tell me when they make the trip up north & visit.

THIS x100

I cant go in public and get an excuse me. People will bump your shoulder and look at you hella dumb like its your fault. Drivers SUCK in socal. Late trends n music.

People are also friendlier and more open up north.. but socal does have some bomb *** karne asada fries, ill give em that.
pimp.gif

Ide say the difference is attitude, big time. They both hold each other in different ways.

Listen, don't get me wrong. I love LA, and socal.

Quiet as kept, I would live there if it wasn't for the horrible traffic and the 'keeping up with the joneses' mind state. It's beautiful. The weather is great and diversity is incredible. But me coming from the eastern part of the US, I find myself feeling comfortable in the NorCal. The people here are humble, down to earth and very easy to work with.

A few more trips to SoCal could change my thoughts though.

Originally Posted by got shoes

I love the Bay sometimes, but right now in my life i rather live in LA. There is more things to do out there and i love the weather. I hate the rain, and "it never rains in southern california" word to Tony Toni Tone

Also that is something to note. Depending on what age you are, LA or the Bay can be a better place to live in. I know people that went to So Cal for college and loved it down there, but when it came to settling down and cementing their roots, they all came back to the Bay Area. And I know people that hated the Bay when they were in their early 20's but appreciated it more in their late 20's and early 30's (in SF anyways).

Back
Top Bottom