California signs law to Tax the internet.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

eh, i believe there should be SOME tax collected by internet sales. Many states are losing millions because of the little loophole about sales tax.
How so?  Most states don't have any kind of sales tax.  The interstate commerce clause in the constitution makes this law unconstitutional and Amazon has already appealed it after NY tried to do the same thing.  Rather than trying to see what works in other states like VA & TX, California, New York and Illinois try to tax their citizens more and keep going deeper into debt.  At some point they will find out it's not working and those three states will start to look like Greece.

What the hell are you talking about "most states don't have any kind of sales tax"?  That is absolutely false.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

It didn't cost CA in a real sense. In horse**** gov't accounting it may have because they were counting on revenue they never had a stake to until this legislature passed. It's not like Amazon ever paid tax to CA prior to this.
but what about the 10,000+ CA based affiliates that were generating revenue through the fees/commissions they were earning from Amazon?  That taxable revenue no longer exists since Amazon put the kibosh on all those agreements/relationships.

This is just a stupid bill passed by a stupid man that will just continue to drive CA deeper into the hole.

It didn't cost CA in a real sense. In horse**** gov't accounting it may have because they were counting on revenue they never had a stake to until this legislature passed. It's not like Amazon ever paid tax to CA prior to this.
but what about the 10,000+ CA based affiliates that were generating revenue through the fees/commissions they were earning from Amazon?  That taxable revenue no longer exists since Amazon put the kibosh on all those agreements/relationships.

This is just a stupid bill passed by a stupid man that will just continue to drive CA deeper into the hole.

eh, i believe there should be SOME tax collected by internet sales. Many states are losing millions because of the little loophole about sales tax.
How so?  Most states don't have any kind of sales tax.  The interstate commerce clause in the constitution makes this law unconstitutional and Amazon has already appealed it after NY tried to do the same thing.  Rather than trying to see what works in other states like VA & TX, California, New York and Illinois try to tax their citizens more and keep going deeper into debt.  At some point they will find out it's not working and those three states will start to look like Greece.
I wouldn't consider five states to be "most states."

I wouldn't consider five states to be "most states."

Mojo, the affiliates dont amount to @!!% in terms of the revenue CA was trying to recognize to close the deficit. They moved the legislature to put a hand in the pockets of Overstock.com and Amazon.com types.

They will not be missing the tax revenue from the 10,000 affiliates. And if they are, we're in deep poop.

Plus, the affiliates have offers from Walmart.com and others to join forces...Walmart.com is in Burlingame so those affiliates would then be contributing to tax.

Mojo, the affiliates dont amount to @!!% in terms of the revenue CA was trying to recognize to close the deficit. They moved the legislature to put a hand in the pockets of Overstock.com and Amazon.com types.

They will not be missing the tax revenue from the 10,000 affiliates. And if they are, we're in deep poop.

Plus, the affiliates have offers from Walmart.com and others to join forces...Walmart.com is in Burlingame so those affiliates would then be contributing to tax.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Customers aren't affected, Doobie.

yay!
Customers are always the ones affected. It all trickles down to the consumer. What do you think happens when they raise taxes on a corporation? Do you think the corporation takes the hit? Nope they just pass on the cost to the consumer by increasing cost.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Customers aren't affected, Doobie.

yay!
Customers are always the ones affected. It all trickles down to the consumer. What do you think happens when they raise taxes on a corporation? Do you think the corporation takes the hit? Nope they just pass on the cost to the consumer by increasing cost.

It's sales tax, sales tax is always passed onto the consumers. Thats all this would do, it wouldn't force amazon to raise prices since all they have to do is collect it.

It's sales tax, sales tax is always passed onto the consumers. Thats all this would do, it wouldn't force amazon to raise prices since all they have to do is collect it.

laugh.gif
right...but there isn't a more transparent one than SALES tax. It's not like a hidden tax the increases the cost to the retailer.

laugh.gif
right...but there isn't a more transparent one than SALES tax. It's not like a hidden tax the increases the cost to the retailer.

Affiliates are the side shops, right? So we all lose out on the variety of items and prices that those places offered since they shipped everywhere? Sounds like a terrible loss for all consumers.. Amazon did this for their own selfish reasons.. yuck

Affiliates are the side shops, right? So we all lose out on the variety of items and prices that those places offered since they shipped everywhere? Sounds like a terrible loss for all consumers.. Amazon did this for their own selfish reasons.. yuck

It's hypocritical (and somewhat amusing) that you use so many of the same tactics that you criticize the government for in trying to "enlighten" people.  It's clear that you use hyperbole and misinformation in order to instill fear and confusion in people for the furtherance of your own agenda.
What "misinformation"? Tell me something I have posted that I was misinformed about? We can start with the Fluoride and Arsenic in the tap water, GO TO THE EPA WEBSITE.

I don't have an agenda, I'm not looking for your money or your vote. I don't have a reason to manipulate or lie. I'm not the one telling you al-qaeda can kill you at any moment in order to take away your rights.

It's hypocritical (and somewhat amusing) that you use so many of the same tactics that you criticize the government for in trying to "enlighten" people.  It's clear that you use hyperbole and misinformation in order to instill fear and confusion in people for the furtherance of your own agenda.
What "misinformation"? Tell me something I have posted that I was misinformed about? We can start with the Fluoride and Arsenic in the tap water, GO TO THE EPA WEBSITE.

I don't have an agenda, I'm not looking for your money or your vote. I don't have a reason to manipulate or lie. I'm not the one telling you al-qaeda can kill you at any moment in order to take away your rights.

Back
Top Bottom