Calvin Johnson's Megatron Inspired CJ81 Collection: Release Info

I take it we will never see those Huaraches again? I finally copped a second pair and can finally wear one pair. Can't wait to put them on this weekend
Yeah I doubt they'll re-release or restock em. I'm thinking about pullin the trigger on another pair a half size too big for me. I'm a little hesitant though because the pair I have now has some ugly creases after only 4-6 wears. A bigger size will only crease more :\.

Last edited:
Yeah I doubt they'll re-release or restock em. I'm thinking about pullin the trigger on another pair a half size too big for me. I'm a little hesitant though because the pair I have now has some ugly creases after only 4-6 wears. A bigger size will only crease more
ohwell.gif
I got a 10 and thats a half size to big for me and they were starting to crease.. so i threw in my sneaker shields that i had for some jordans and worked well. plus it was still comfortable. 
happy.gif

NDC pics of the new CJ81 Elite TD cleat that is due out 5/11

Black/Silver - Really liking these
nthat.gif

Style# 596631-009

White/Black
Style# 596631-001

Blue/Silver - These are dope too
Style# 596631-400

yea black/silver is way sharp.

do I need football cleats?  No

Do I adore the Lions, CJ, and kicks?  Yes

foog I want these and purp fades 5/11.

From Eastbay

http://www.eastbay.com/_-_/keyword-nike+cj81
Meant to boost performance on the football field, the Nike CJ81 Pro TD cleat is engineered to Calvin Johnson's exact specifications. It includes a no-sew upper, so there's nothing rubbing on your feet during motion. It's also super lightweight for when all you need is speed. Calvin likes a little extra support on his football cleats, so Nike added a dynamic midfoot strap. It works with the precision collar to provide the cleats with the stability of a mid but the flexibility of a low. Available in a variety of colors, this lightweight cleat clocks in at just over 11 ounces. A similar design is also available in the CJ81 Strike TD, which includes the midfoot strap and an aggressive traction outsole. It'll have you moving like a pro in no time.
Looks like "Elite" is the better Cleat, and the "Strike" might be the take-down version of the cleat.

they better release that tee

They did release it.... along with about 4 other tees and the shorts .. This was a pre release, so after the event they put away the rest of the merchandise. but they will release them again in 2 weeks along with a special pair of nike trainers and some socks... all sold separately tho..

they better release that tee

The launch for the CJ81 / Megatron collection is on 5/11...

It will consist of 3 Tees, 1 Fly Short and multiple colors of the cleat...

Champs Sports will be your premier destination for the apparel...however, Nike has decided to keep the initial launch very limited in distribution...so, you will only see the apparel at Champs stores in Michigan, Lenox (in ATL), Willowbrook (Nike Yardline)...and, the soon to be opened Nike Yardline by Champs Sports in Mall of America...

The tee that Megatron is wearing will be part of the initial launch, along with an interlocking glove tee and a photo image tee...as well as the short pictured...

Champs stores will not be carrying the cleats (this was a one-off for the event only)...

Beginning on 6/29 you will see a much broader, national roll-out of this collection...additional apparel items as well at the training version of the cleat...

Other points of distribution will be Eastbay, Nike Retail and D i c k s (maybe TSA too...not sure)...

As others had pointed out...yesterday was a special "pre-launch" event...

JM

Thanks for the info again JM :pimp:

Can't wait..hopefully I'll b able to cop the tees and the shorts..got lucky last time with the Megatron hoodie and socks

Back
Top Bottom