Camaro or Mustang ? Which is the better buy?

Which is the better car?

• Camaro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mustang

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Camaro easily. Mustang will debut their new body style, and will make the '10 -'14 bodies look old.

Neither. I'm not in high school anymore. You guys are talking about impressing girls with these whips? Maybe in the trailer park or the hood.

Hush.

I'd drive the **** out of a V6. No dambs, no dambs.

BUT, maaaaaannnnnn...... Dat hemi doe. :smokin

Neither. I'm not in high school anymore. You guys are talking about impressing girls with these whips? :stoneface:  Maybe in the trailer park or the hood.

Where did anyone mention people only buy these cars to impress girls. These cars are extremely cheap when you consider how much horsepower and fun can be had with them. Can get a brand new Mustang GT with a 420 horsepower V8 for $30k. Nowhere can you get power like that for that cheap.

Where did anyone mention people only buy these cars to impress girls. These cars are extremely cheap when you consider how much horsepower and fun can be had with them. Can get a brand new Mustang GT with a 420 horsepower V8 for $30k. Nowhere can you get power like that for that cheap.
i did...

but even then... who cares, brah... you'd be fooling yourself if you dont think a large majority of the things we do is to impress the other sex.

dont mind cake cake, though...

she just mad cuz she wrote all kinds of books and have money... and wonders why guys arent feeling her.

she needs to understand that the things that she's attracted to in a man dont mirror what men are attracted to in women.

Da current body pre & post refresh are modern

Classics..they'll never look "old"...

you pass your opinion off as fact a lot, famb.

Umm go check how many variants this current

Plaform has..thats driven from enthusiasm.

Da "global" mustang is already setting da stage

To disappoint.

or maybe they just like the car and dont want the extra stuff...?

i'm more than certain that there are more people NOT concerned with horse power, engine size and torque.... than there are that ARE concerned withit...

so, them copping b/c they like the car seems logical.

I havent compared the two. i'm sure an SS just blows LT out the water...

i do know that those cameros and challenger base models get PLENTY fast, though... and have more kick than a camry or a kia optima...

and its more than enough kick for the average person.
Sure, the V6 does appeal to a lot of people for pretty good reasons I guess, but I personally wouldn't get a V6. It just makes no sense to get a camaro etc. and NOT get the V8. Yes there are a plenty of people that don't care about hp, torque, and engine size and those are the people that buy the car for the looks. I am not one of those people. I would get one of these cars because of their performance, not for their looks. 

Note: All of this is my own opinion, your are free to have your own.

you just said it famb...

a car guy.

a good majority of the people aint copping for the performance. they're just copping b/c it looks nice to them. what's wrong w/ that?

why spend 45K on a srt8 when you sit in traffic on the way to work? or if you dont eem drive to work.

all i'm saying is, folks in here just laugh at a v6 when i'm pretty confident (no numbers) that those sell well... folks aint trying to have all that horse power while going pick their kid up from soccer practice. :lol:
or maybe they just like the car and dont want the extra stuff...?

i'm more than certain that there are more people NOT concerned with horse power, engine size and torque.... than there are that ARE concerned withit...

so, them copping b/c they like the car seems logical.

I havent compared the two. i'm sure an SS just blows LT out the water...

i do know that those cameros and challenger base models get PLENTY fast, though... and have more kick than a camry or a kia optima...

and its more than enough kick for the average person.

Thatz cool fam but V6 muscle is the lamest of the lame in my eyes.. Like EXTRA lame when I see a full grown man whippin a V6 muscle car, I just shake my head at them. The cars are known for being muscle cars not V6's. Their whole history is HP and cubic inches so when I see dudes whippin the V6 I see them as posers.. Just getting the car for the looks is lame, V8's get good mileage with the technology these days so that isn't a excuse.
You said, Some folks don't want all that horsepower while picking their kids up from soccer... Who picks up multiple kids from soccer in a pony car anyways?
I still think that the people that cop V6 muscle cars don't wanna pay for the V8. You say they don't want all the extra stuff but I think they just don't want to pay for it.. If they can afford these new model pony cars they can afford to cop the V8.. But no they just want the car, they just wanna say they have said muscle car when in fact they really don't.. They have the daughter/wife version, which makes them a poser in "my" eyes..
Its too many V8 models between the Challenger, Stang, Camaro to choose from to just settle on the V6..

Challenger- R/T, SRT8, and I think SRT8 392
Camaro- SS, 1LE, ZL1 and next year Z28
Stang-GT, Boss302, Boss302 Laguna Seca, Shelby GT500/GT500 supersnake, and the Saleen..
So you gon pass up all those V8 models of those three cars for a ol plain Jane V6?
View media item 596602

Last edited:
Thatz cool fam but ]V6 muscle is the lamest of the lame in my eyes.. Like EXTRA lame when I see a full grown man whippin a V6 muscle car, I just shake my head at them. The cars are known for being muscle cars not V6's. Their whole history is HP and cubic inches so when I see dudes whippin the V6 I see them as posers.. Just getting the car for the looks is lame, V8's get good mileage with the technology these days so that isn't a excuse.
You said, Some folks don't want all that horsepower while picking their kids up from soccer... Who picks up multiple kids from soccer in a pony car anyways?
I still think that the people that cop V6 muscle cars don't wanna pay for the V8. You say they don't want all the extra stuff but I think they just don't want to pay for it.. If they can afford these new model pony cars they can afford to cop the V8.. But no they just want the car, they just wanna say they have said muscle car when in fact they really don't.. They have the daughter/wife version, which makes them a poser in "my" eyes..
Its too many V8 models between the Challenger, Stang, Camaro to choose from to just settle on the V6..

Stang-GT, Boss302, Boss302 Laguna Seca, Shelby GT500/GT500 supersnake, and the Saleen..
So you gon pass up all those V8 models of those three cars for a ol plain Jane V6?
View media item 596602
:lol: :rofl:

you cannot be serious famb...

a 30k whip is lame to you? do you know how much that is to an average person?

and they're posers... b/c they copped a car b/c of the looks? that has to be the most ridiculous thing i've heard on NT.. if that's the case, then what should they spend 30k on, my g? b/c if they cop a charger base model... then they're posing....

:rofl:

and to top it off... you say that they cop a v6 b/c they dont want to pay for it..

well... what the **** is the point of paying for something you dont want, my g? seriously...

why pay an extra 20k for an srt8 392... if you dont want to?

and EVEN IF YOU DO WANT TO AND CANT AFFORD IT... then they shouldnt just cop a charger at all...

its either cop a 50k whip and 1. break your wallet or 2. fill yourself with unnecessary features...

or

dont cop a challeneger at all.

i dont even...

View media item 596744

Last edited:

Thatz cool fam but ]V6 muscle is the lamest of the lame in my eyes.. Like EXTRA lame when I see a full grown man whippin a V6 muscle car, I just shake my head at them. The cars are known for being muscle cars not V6's. Their whole history is HP and cubic inches so when I see dudes whippin the V6 I see them as posers.. Just getting the car for the looks is lame, V8's get good mileage with the technology these days so that isn't a excuse.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

context b......

30k base model v6 camaro, charger, mustang, woul've been better spent on getting a lightly used SRT/SS model

its just alot smarter, plus you're not gonna absorb that ridiculous depreciation that base models always end up tanking to.

plus when you get behind da wheel of a v8, there's no reason you'd ever go back to a v6...its gonna take a hour to wipe

da smile from your face after you punch it once or twice.

Last edited:
context b......

30k base model v6 camaro, charger, mustang, woul've been better spent on getting a lightly used SRT/SS model

its just alot smarter, plus you're not gonna absorb that ridiculous depreciation that base models always end up tanking to.

plus when you get behind da wheel of a v8, there's no reason you'd ever go back to a v6...its gonna take a hour to wipe

so how much would a lightly used base model cost then? 10-12k cheaper?

sooooo... that argument goes out the window, famb.

context b......

so how much would a lightly used base model cost then? 10-12k cheaper?

sooooo... that argument goes out the window, famb.
jesus christ ...do you realize why base model values drop like a rock? because superficial **** like "looks" dont hold

any water...its all about whats under that hood.

why spend 30k on a base model car thats SUPPOSED to be a v8 muscle? just get a year or 2 model back and get that SS/SRT

chargers and challengers didn't get retroed for v6 base models b....

View media item 596602
:lol: :rofl:

context b......

While I'll agree the V8 models are much better in terms of specs & future value, y'all looking down at the V6 like they're fierce, but only push 150HP. The V6's are way faster then their predecessor. The reason they were looked down to in the past was cuz their power wasnt there. Now they're pushing 250+ horses. Nothing to be ashamed of.

All in all I'd still would personally buy a older SS, GT, or SRT instead of a new V6 lk Ninja said

Last edited:
If you're settling for a V6 then dont get a muscle

Car at all... I dunno who equates a "liking a

challenger without da extra stuff" to not getting

Da hemi...its da reason da that car is in acclaimed

In da first place and brought back from da 60's-70's.

Its time to defend my whip...

U sound dumb... er than usual

V6 muscle cars saved american car companies. They sell 2 to 1 over the 8 cylinder... read rickys post. Its actually a really good comparison.

The v6 muscle cars all put out 300 horses... makin them faster than more than half of whats on the road. The v8 hemi is slow... there no arguin that.

So ur suggesting everyone get rhe hemi why again? Sounds better? Get exhaust... Go fast? Its not very fast. Because itll hold its value better?

Wanna race to the bust stop? #nobasemodel
View media item 596810
At the end of the day ppl are gunna buy what they want n their price range. If i had to do over... same decision. It was SRT or v6 for me. Saved myself about 15 grand over the course of 2 years... roughly what a nice lil boat will cost me :smile:

But i guess i shoulda got the r/t so i can lose street races to every car n its class... lols if i wanted to fast over all i woulda got the 5.0 and been done with it.
Carry on.

Last edited:
In case you guys did not know, a base V6 camaro has a MSRP of $23,445 not $30k. While a base V8 has a MSRP of $33,535.

That is roughly $4K more than that $30K figure someone pulled out of nowhere for a base V6.

Hmm...

jesus christ ...do you realize why base model values drop like a rock? because superficial **** like "looks" dont hold

any water...its all about whats under that hood.

why spend 30k on a base model car thats SUPPOSED to be a v8 muscle? just get a year or 2 model back and get that SS/SRT

chargers and challengers didn't get retroed for v6 base models b....
after 5 mins of google... i was able to come across these little tidbits of information...

1. base model has 23% less horsepower than r/t model... while r/t model has 26% less horsepower than srt8 model... so... if you're going to say the base model is wimpy compared to r/t model... minus whale say r/t model is wimpy compared to r/t model... so in essence, there's really no reason to cop a r/t either.. srt8 or nothing. right?

2. value?

2010 base model challenger w/ 50k miles and CPO: $19,530
2010 srt8 model challenger w/ 50k miles and CPO: $31,983

brand new 2013 base model challenger: $27,290
brand new 2013 srt8 model challenger: $46,220

used model % of new model

base model: 72%
srt8 model: 69%

depreciation (assuming brand new was purchased in 2010 for exact price listed)

base model: 40%
srt8 model: 45%

bruh... i'm not even into cars like that... this is purely to show yall that the excuses yall try to come up w/ to justify your arrogance aineem there. yall coming up w/ a million reasons... instead of just conceding to the fact that buying a v6 challenger aint all that bad...

You guys are so broke you don't realize depreciation is BABY MONEY. Struggling to buy used whips 
laugh.gif

sick.gif
 Used whips ain't even a thought to anyone making real money.

after 5 mins of google... i was able to come across these little tidbits of information...

1. base model has 23% less horsepower than r/t model... while r/t model has 26% less horsepower than srt8 model... so... if you're going to say the base model is wimpy compared to r/t model... minus whale say r/t model is wimpy compared to r/t model... so in essence, there's really no reason to cop a r/t either.. srt8 or nothing. right?

2. value?

2010 base model challenger w/ 50k miles and CPO: $19,530
2010 srt8 model challenger w/ 50k miles and CPO: $31,983

brand new 2013 base model challenger: $27,290
brand new 2013 srt8 model challenger: $46,220

used model % of new model

base model: 72%
srt8 model: 69%

depreciation (assuming brand new was purchased in 2010 for exact price listed)

base model: 40%
srt8 model: 45%

bruh... i'm not even into cars like that... this is purely to show yall that the excuses yall try to come up w/ to justify your arrogance aineem there. yall coming up w/ a million reasons... instead of just conceding to the fact that buying a v6 challenger aint all that bad...
Lets not even use the challenger srt8. Its WAY overpriced, not even I would buy it.

You guys are so broke you don't realize depreciation is BABY MONEY. Struggling to buy used whips 
laugh.gif

sick.gif
 Used whips ain't even a thought to anyone making real money.
you obviously are talking outta your expertise...you can lose up to 70% percent of a car's value in as little as 3 years...

buying a used TOP of da line SRT/SS/ZL1 >>>>>>>>>> brand new 6 clylinder base model jalopy...

hell da 2012 zl1 have yet to see a price depreciation at all....meanwhile lets see how much LT and RS v6 camaros go for

once da calendar year flips over a couple times...
laugh.gif
mean.gif

baby money...heh, you keep advocating that, a fool and his money is soon departed.

Back
Top Bottom