Cam'ron is top 10 dead or alive

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by viintage

Originally Posted by SW33TS1NC3R1TY

bottomline, killa cam is top 10 in NYC
10 in NY in no specific order
kool g rap, nas, mobb deep, az, jay-z, biggie, raekwon, rakim, big pun, ghostface killah
not forgetting cormega, EPMD, killah priest
this is new york alone, like you said....
where in the hell does cam fit in?
everyone i crossed out Cam is better. Big pun didnt put out enough material for me to put him above cam even though biggie made less records than pan his were more quality packed
b9c350c7bd5bacfa1ce955619dd82351a911b36.gif

Originally Posted by I R Andre

Originally Posted by SOLEin1

he sucks.

and you're not too smart are you, but back to the original discussion.

kool g rap, nas, mobb deep, az, jay-z, biggie, raekwon, rakim, big pun, ghostface killah
I feel like a lot of you are just naming rappers you THINK deserve to be above Cam. Really? Kool G rap? ghost? Kilah priest?! mega def isnt better and EPMD is a group smart guy all of which cam is better than individually- hell as a group too.

You cant recite any lyrics from these rappers from their last 2-3 albums off the top of your head and i gaurantee it. Cam started the swagger movement as previously stated and doesn't even get the respect he deserves. Maino stole the "hi hater" thing from Cam too(see boy boy off purple haze), Cam's slang, way he dresses is way more influential than some of these guys you're mentioning. Dudes is straight up just mentioning old rappers to make themselves seem more well versed on hip hop knowing damn well they dont listen to them. I'm surprised i didnt hear grand master flash or Kool Moe Dee over cam too.

listen to him he speaks truth

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

some of these lists are horrible...

1. nas
2. pac
3. biggie
4. jay
5. rakim
6. big L
7. raekwon
8. big kane
9. guru
10. cube

id put camron at best 15...
roll.gif

SPEAK OF THE DEVIL

GURU IN SOMEONES TOP TEN?!?!???!

i remember why i stopped posting in this forum...

dog, your top ten is atrocious...and you started your post criticizing other people's lists....

nas THEN pac?

LOL

big daddy kane AND guru? BWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Big L never even released an album.... (i don't count post-death albums)
if youre younger than 25, ill forgive you. but if not

460.gif

fall back, "mass appeal" > you. "smooth operator" > you. I don't think dude was asking top 10 in album releases either.

Originally Posted by anDown Goes Frasier

he sucks.

I feel like a lot of you are just naming rappers you THINK deserve to be above Cam. Really? Kool G rap? ghost? Kilah priest?! mega def isnt better and EPMD is a group smart guy all of which cam is better than individually- hell as a group too.

You cant recite any lyrics from these rappers from their last 2-3 albums off the top of your head and i gaurantee it. Cam started the swagger movement as previously stated and doesn't even get the respect he deserves. Maino stole the "hi hater" thing from Cam too(see boy boy off purple haze), Cam's slang, way he dresses is way more influential than some of these guys you're mentioning. Dudes is straight up just mentioning old rappers to make themselves seem more well versed on hip hop knowing damn well they dont listen to them. I'm surprised i didnt hear grand master flash or Kool Moe Dee over cam too.

You serious? He speaks very suspect nonsense.

Talking about swagger, Cam's slang, the way he dresses being "influential".

So Hip Hop is a fashion show now? That's what we judge MC's on? And WHAT exactly about Cam was so influential? Just because he had a couple of thousandjokers running around the city swagger jacking him doesn't make him "influential".

I won't argue Ghost or Mega because maybe that's a toss up. But I'd still take Ghost and Mega. But to argue that word for word, bar for bar, Kool GRap is not nicer than Cam is a joke. You obviously don't listen to these cats. Take it from people who have/do. Cam ain't !$!$+$+ with them. Pun, Kane,Jay, G Rap, Rakim, Chuck D, KRS, BIG, Slick Rick, Em. Flow, lyrical content/quality subject matter, rhyme structure, storytelling.

Cam is actually just above average when you think about it. You could argue that cats like Fab, Jada, Banks at times, Ghost, AZ, Mega etc. are on the samelevel. So Top 10? Hell no.

^Co-sign everything illphil said (except for saying that Ghost and Mega are on the same level, I can't get with that).

And Nako, yes. He's got 2-3 good records, a handful of outstanding mixtapes, and a great group disc. That hardly separates him from the pack in rap, I canname, well, 10 other cats with those credentials.

The difference is solely in Cam's appeal, and Cam's appeal is based entirely on his charisma. Yes, he's a good rapper with a way with words. But soare a lot of other dudes, and this thread is evidence that lyrical dexterity isn't what a lot of cats are looking for.

And I spun the Public Enemy tape walking back from class today, so check the hater card at the door.

Cam is better than Kool G. Rap now? Word? You know how stupid you sound right now, trying to tell people the way Cam dresses is more influentialthan the likes of G Rap? Your opinion is void for uttering that dumb +@$+.

aahqmg.jpg
34oyjns.jpg
vdjng2.jpg
2e24k5z.jpg

vs.
25zi8b9.jpg
34ezyuv.jpg
x59no4.jpg
10rqnnr.jpg

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Big L never even released an album.... (i don't count post-death albums)
51TlqIHmY6L._SS500_.jpg

nerd.gif
tired.gif
i thought the $+!@@ was dead...

how many tracks is on this?

and it's still not good enough for top 10 consideration...imo

he died too quick.

Big L was that dude tho....don't get the %#%@ twisted like bambo with no trees in it...

Like 12-13 tracks.

Cam was on there. Jay-Z too.....Lord Finesse, McGruff. Came out in like '95 I believe

i could see him being in a top 10...
Negative.

Like someone said ya'll are just putting in people ya'll think should be in there. Can someone honestly tell me the last time they bump Kool G rap? Ibet it was around the time he had that Pharoe Monch joint. Cam is in my top 10 but i can understand why he wouldnt be in yours but how can yall not sayhe's greaT? and when we use the swag category its not just how he dress it's his charisma over the mic. I take it like this Cam is like JFK he may notspeak(rap) as good as his counterpart(Nixon, Jay-z) but his presence over the mic is what fuels his audience.

But this goes back to the dethroning legend thread. Just cause Dr J was dunking first doesn't mean Vince Carter can't be better than him

I take it like this Cam is like JFK he may not speak(rap) as good as his counterpart(Nixon, Jay-z) but his presence over the mic is what fuels his audience.
roll.gif
Did you really just do that?

Dear God, no.

ca615c3a6b6a0e8810b5d586c068daf3449c86d.gif

And I bumped 4,5,6 last week.

neither of his two albums were actually good....

but dude's set-ups are STILL being bitten...

His flow/patterns/punchline-setups are still top notch...

he's one dude who's style would never get "dated"

"i'm known to gas a hottie
and
blast a shotty
got more cash than gotti
'you dont know?'
you'd better ask somebody"

if Guru never had premo, ya'll wouldn't have ever heard his name...
and if premo hooked up with a better rapper Gangstarr would have had crossover success and been important in this day and age...

If Guru OR Big Daddy Kane came out today....they would get ZERO love...

Big L would still make noise...

My point; made.

Ehhhh...I don't see how you can say that he never released an album before he died, then turn right around and say that neither of his two albums weregood. I mean, Poor and Dangerous came out a good 4 years before L got rocked, so I would assume a fan would know that it came out before he died. So, It soundslike you never heard it. I may be wrong, but something ain't adding up. I mean,, how can you not know this came out before he died?

And if Big L came out today, spitting punch after punch, his career would be somewhere along the lines of Papoose.

If BDK came out today, he would pop more than L, cause he's more versatile than L was. Not saying he would be on some Jay-Z *%%@, but he would def pop morethan L would.

And I agree on Guru, I never sthought he was anything special on the mic
ohwell.gif

w000www kids trying to play BDK .....
smh.gif

warm it up kane
pimp.gif
vs bottom of the *@%!* hole
roll.gif

cam makes anthems and ignorant %@@# to laugh at ...

people are overlooking bdk vs his contemporaries .. there is no cam without bdk ... there is def no jay w/o him
him, rakim, and rick advanced the complexity of rap ...y'all are trying to act like tracks like bdk-raw are some beastie boys run dmc isht ....

illphillip wrote:
anDown Goes Frasier wrote:
I R Andre wrote:
SOLEin1 wrote:
he sucks.

You serious? He speaks very suspect nonsense.

Talking about swagger, Cam's slang, the way he dresses being "influential".

So Hip Hop is a fashion show now? That's what we judge MC's on? And WHAT exactly about Cam was so influential? Just because he had a couple of thousand jokers running around the city swagger jacking him doesn't make him "influential".

I won't argue Ghost or Mega because maybe that's a toss up. But I'd still take Ghost and Mega. But to argue that word for word, bar for bar, Kool G Rap is not nicer than Cam is a joke. You obviously don't listen to these cats. Take it from people who have/do. Cam ain't !$!$+$+ with them. Pun, Kane, Jay, G Rap, Rakim, Chuck D, KRS, BIG, Slick Rick, Em. Flow, lyrical content/quality subject matter, rhyme structure, storytelling.

Cam is actually just above average when you think about it. You could argue that cats like Fab, Jada, Banks at times, Ghost, AZ, Mega etc. are on the same level. So Top 10? Hell no.
thats what hip hop was/is a fashion show.�when is started thats what it was all about getting fresh and and rhyming. not all this wannagangsta stuff, couple of thousand... really??? the city was spit in half between DIPSET and G-Unit @ the time, and everyone who was fly dressed like DIPSET andif you were not or tried to be you wore a g-unit bro aka man bra

�� And I bumped 4,5,6 last week.
and I bumped 357 this morning

smokin.gif

���

EVERBODY just stop and look at the cats your debating.

1 Dude didn't even know Big L had an album which CAMRON himself appeared on. The same guy can't name a Big Daddy Kane song.

Another dude his proclaiming Cam's swag as a basis for his top 10 legitimacy and in the same sentence sh-- on Kool G Rap.

Its obvious cats aren't knowledgeable on hip-hop enough to give a valid argument. How can it be that Cam is a top 10 greatest rapper without a TOP 10ALBUM, what Cam album is up there with Illmatic, The Infamous, Ready Or Die, Low End Theory & etc??

wrote:

he sucks.

eyes.gif

my comment is what dude above me said

"Its obvious cats aren't knowledgeable on hip-hop enough to give a valid argument. How can it be that Cam is a top 10 greatest rapper without a TOP 10ALBUM, what Cam album is up there with Illmatic, The Infamous, Ready Or Die, Low End Theory & etc??"
-NostrandAve68

WOW!

Now there's an age requirement to listen to BDK?
And Big Daddy Kane and Guru are better than him? really?
BDK? Really.

I %!@* with Cam as much as the next man, and have been doing so since COC, the dude is nice and SDE is a great album, but y'all getting carried away now.

havent been played in over a decade
Where exactly have these songs not been played in over a decade?

Back
Top Bottom