Can anyone on NT read an MRI?

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

i can help a little but we need to know your history. what happened? why you went to get an MRI? have you ever injured your shoulder before etc. a picture in and of itself in this case is pretty useless
I'm a baseball pitcher. After reading some of your opinions, it looks like I'm in pretty bad shape. The doctor (Dr. Michael Ciccotti,Phillies team doctor) seemed to believe that the rotator cuff was fine, and that it was the labrum that was causing me trouble.

Where's Dirty at with that cryin smiley when you need it?
frown.gif

taking another look there does seem to be some inflammation in the labrum as well. im only in my 2nd year tho so im not completely sure.

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

taking another look there does seem to be some inflammation in the labrum as well. im only in my 2nd year tho so im not completely sure.
And I sell photocopiers for a living....

Startin my Radiology residency in a few months. Will try to take a look at it later, but reading MRI requires a lot of training and its also best if you havethe proper monitor. The ones radilogists use cost around 20K because they need the proper resolution contrast etc.

If its not too time consuming I will try to download and take a look at it

Originally Posted by Nickthestick91

Here's some screenshots. I'll upload more as I make them. Thanks again!

2v97w3c.png
The white stuff you see is inflammation if I remember correctly

I had a partial torn ligament in my left elbow during baseball season last year. missed my whole senior year
tired.gif

^ Yeah, I had a partial tear of the UCL in my right elbow (I'm a rightie) 2 off-seasons ago, but I was able to pitch my junior year, and did really wellwhile not being at 100% all season. Over this past off-season though, my shoulder started to hurt a little, but I thought I'd try and pitch through it.Everything was fine until around a month ago when I was warming up before a game I was starting; it looked like I was in little league, I had to have lost15mph on my pitches. So like you, I'm gonna miss my whole senior year too.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

Startin my Radiology residency in a few months. Will try to take a look at it later, but reading MRI requires a lot of training and its also best if you have the proper monitor. The ones radilogists use cost around 20K because they need the proper resolution contrast etc.

If its not too time consuming I will try to download and take a look at it
Yeah, I figured that you would need specialized equipment to read them correctly, although you can adjust the contrast in the program.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom