can da Raptor VII 2012 release be considered "remastered?"

Hate the DMP's. IMO they were the worst of all the iterations of the retro Playoff 7's. Felt like I was looking at a hybrid between the Bordeaux 7's and the Playoffs smh.

Last edited:
My dmps are still going strong. They feel great. When I look down at them, takes me back to 92 for sure.

Last edited:
2012 model was solid as hell the go's had better color blocking but looked ashy Imo now y'all are tripping the 2015 hares were water especially with the NA on the insole and the FTLOTG olympic 7s held up better than my 2012s and 2004s easily 
2012 couldn't have been ashy because they were durabuck. Nubuck is the ashy stuff. Some of y'all will call anything ashy smh

View media item 2482125View media item 2482126

absolutely no complaints about these...da 2002 pairs age horribly in comparison.

2012 by far the worst because of shape and materials. I like the OG 7s because of the contrast uppers, the 2012 charcoal completely disregarded that. It's like dropping cardinals with only smooth leather.

My dmps are still going strong. They feel great. When I look down at them, takes me back to 92 for sure. My 2012 don't do that. Had the 02s years ago, they remind me of the 2012s.
I think it's because the contrast really makes the shoe look better imo. The 2012s and to some extent the 2002s just look too bland

I'm just glad I got to secure a 2012 pair last year for less than 200 on eBay. One of my favorite J's

I know its not the right thread exactly, but thought maybe I could get some info here regardless. 

Im looking to start adding a few 7s to my collection.

Haven't owned a pair since I was in grade school. 

So im a little unfamiliar with quality and craftsmanship on the retro releases. 

First shoe I have been eyeing is the Olympics. 

2004 vs 2012. Is the '04 wearable?

Is it closer to the OG also than the '12?

Any help would be appreciated 

I know its not the right thread exactly, but thought maybe I could get some info here regardless. 

Im looking to start adding a few 7s to my collection.
Haven't owned a pair since I was in grade school. 
So im a little unfamiliar with quality and craftsmanship on the retro releases. 

First shoe I have been eyeing is the Olympics. 
2004 vs 2012. Is the '04 wearable?
Is it closer to the OG also than the '12?

Any help would be appreciated 
I would go to google for a comparison. generally jordans 10+ years old are to be avoided unless collecting.

I would go to google for a comparison. generally jordans 10+ years old are to be avoided unless collecting.

Thanks. I did some research prior to the post.
Was hoping for someone who has both pairs to give a more personal opinion.
I know it's a long shot. Seems like the '12s is what I'll go with,
Just wasn't sure if the materials were trash.
I have a lot of 13s from the 04-05 time period that I can still wear.
Didn't know about the material makeup on the older 7s though.

Thanks. I did some research prior to the post.
Was hoping for someone who has both pairs to give a more personal opinion.
I know it's a long shot. Seems like the '12s is what I'll go with,
Just wasn't sure if the materials were trash.
I have a lot of 13s from the 04-05 time period that I can still wear.
Didn't know about the material makeup on the older 7s though.

Dude you're fine wearing 04 7s! The midsole son those tend to hold up just fine. Just make sure the shoes weren't like stored in the desert or something crazy. I would always recommend 2004 7s over 2012, you get more of that long forgotten original aj7 "cartoon" look where the wings are still sky high and the toe box is money. I still wear my 02 charcoals from time to time, granted I've had them since release day and have worn them regularly.

You won't believe this but I also have a 100% wearable pair of 1992 cardinal 7s. I have no idea how the previous owner stored them, but apparently his methods are perfect lol. Hope this helps man!

Dude you're fine wearing 04 7s! The midsole son those tend to hold up just fine. Just make sure the shoes weren't like stored in the desert or something crazy. I would always recommend 2004 7s over 2012, you get more of that long forgotten original aj7 "cartoon" look where the wings are still sky high and the toe box is money. I still wear my 02 charcoals from time to time, granted I've had them since release day and have worn them regularly.

You won't believe this but I also have a 100% wearable pair of 1992 cardinal 7s. I have no idea how the previous owner stored them, but apparently his methods are perfect lol. Hope this helps man!
2010-2015 before Bordeaux 7s were awful as far as shape. Wings were low and they looked weird. 2010 is when they ruined the shape of the 5s, 7s, and 9s. 7s have only slightly recovered

I appreciate it! It does help. Think I'm gonna go ahead and pull the trigger on the 04s.
I have so many pairs that I wouldn't end up wearing them that much regardless.
I did notice the shape was better, just wasn't sure about materials and colors.
Thanks again for the info.

I’m just ready for a retro we’re long over due. With the Olympic Games this year it would make since to release that interaction. Personally, I believe that Jordan Brand is holding some of the original color ways back to have for later on.

Back
Top Bottom