Can i get on a plane with $9,000 cash?

And yeah you can carry 9k on you, but if they tell you they gotta check your bag, request a private screening because that would be pretty cotdamn stupid toopen your bag and have all that cash just sitting there out in the open

Originally Posted by early90s

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

You serious fam ?

Put it in your luggage (NOT the carry on)

Simple as that Me and my family do it every time we travel.

And to show you how much of a joke security is, (2002, year after 9/11) I (an Arab) bought a few BB guns in through airport security by taping them to my leg and went through all security with no problems.
laugh.gif
You know they could've hit you with a $10,000 fine, criminal charges, and jail time if they caught you right? I hope the feeling of pulling one over on them was worth it, because that is one of the dumbest things I've heard. Matter fact I'm going to call ducktales

I was younger and did it without thinking really, but I took precautions (took out any parts that might set off the detector and put them in the luggage case)Bought in 2 desert eagles and a shotgun (shotgun in luggage). All they made me do was walk through it, not even take off my shoes, and then they used the handversion, and that was a joke. Dude literally waved it past me in a second. Maybe it was because I was young. Just so you know, agents test airport securityoften and a lot of times they get guns (real guns) and bomb material onboard. You can google the reports yourself..

You serious fam ?

And to show you how much of a joke security is, (2002, year after 9/11) I (an Arab) bought a few BB guns in through airport security by taping them to my leg and went through all security with no problems.
laugh.gif
You know they could've hit you with a $10,000 fine, criminal charges, and jail time if they caught you right? I hope the feeling of pulling one over on them was worth it, because that is one of the dumbest things I've heard. Matter fact I'm going to call ducktales

I was younger and did it without thinking really, but I took precautions (took out any parts that might set off the detector and put them in the luggage case) Bought in 2 desert eagles and a shotgun (shotgun in luggage). All they made me do was walk through it, not even take off my shoes, and then they used the hand version, and that was a joke. Dude literally waved it past me in a second. Maybe it was because I was young. Just so you know, agents test airport security often and a lot of times they get guns (real guns) and bomb material onboard. You can google the reports yourself..
So you are telling me you they let you get on a plane with 2 Desert Eagles in your CARRY ON luggage?

You serious fam ?

laugh.gif

I was younger and did it without thinking really, but I took precautions (took out any parts that might set off the detector and put them in the luggage case) Bought in 2 desert eagles and a shotgun (shotgun in luggage). All they made me do was walk through it, not even take off my shoes, and then they used the hand version, and that was a joke. Dude literally waved it past me in a second. Maybe it was because I was young. Just so you know, agents test airport security often and a lot of times they get guns (real guns) and bomb material onboard. You can google the reports yourself..
So you are telling me you they let you get on a plane with 2 Desert Eagles in your CARRY ON luggage?
Duck Tales!

You serious fam ?

laugh.gif

No.. It was 2 bb DE's that I taped around each leg, that I walked through security with.
Originally Posted by hella handsome

You serious fam ?

laugh.gif
umm... how about no
laugh.gif

whats he gonna do if his luggage is misplaced? my moms luggage got sent to cali once when we were going to vegas.
putting 9k in a suitcase is not a good look. carry on fam... carry on...

if you dont mind me asking though, why not just put it in the bank?

I've never had lost luggage, then again I use a reputable airline (EgyptAir) and the policy is to replace the value of the items in the bag, so if anythinghappens you can report the value of the items as whatever the cash value was. Happened to my uncle and they sent him a check 2 weeks later. (atleast forEgyptAir). Carry on = Fail, they open them often. On body can work but its less convenient than simply putting it into the luggage bag.

OP, just research the policy on lost luggage for your airline. Whatever you do DON'T PUT IT INTO CARRY ON. Last few times I've traveled they openedeveryones and a few people had things like toothpaste and coffee thrown out
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

i would rather open up a debit account and keep it there then take it out when you get there.

or give it to your moms, and have her write you a check for that amount, then cash it when you get there.

they ask any questions when you try to take out the money, just say that you just moved to the state and this is your start up money.

This is the best way IMO.

Even though you have probably never lost your luggage there is no point risking it,

Maybe there's no banks in his area that are also in vegas. If you don't want your boys to find out how much you have you better be careful. Youdon't wanna go around everywhere in vegas with 9k in your pocket....and if you leave that in the room I'd recommend the room safe....but ur boys mightsee

This guy is straight up lying! And even if you aren't that is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard.

No I'm not, but theres no way to prove it. I admit it was stupid, but I was 11 years old at the time...

Only way I could have been caught is if they patted me down, which I have never seen happen, at least not to people who cleared the metal detectors; let alone11 year old kids.

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

i think its better to carry a debit card with 9k

but thats my opinion
laugh.gif
exactly
smh.gif

ive never understood why dudes dont jsut go legit and put their money in the bank
smh.gif
laugh.gif

you'd never catch me with 9k on hand. whether im filthy rich or just some average dude that came up on some bread.

No I'm not, but theres no way to prove it. I admit it was stupid, but I was 11 years old at the time...

Only way I could have been caught is if they patted me down, which I have never seen happen, at least not to people who cleared the metal detectors; let alone 11 year old kids.
I wish you did get caught
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

MidEastBeast wrote:

laugh.gif
You're f*cking crazy.

You'd probably be dead if they caught you (an arab) with it.

Word man, even though you were 11, were you really not scared at all of getting blested when they caught an Arab months after 9/11 with heat.

You serious fam ?

laugh.gif
I'm not buying that at all....you made it past security, the detectors, etc WITH GUNS TAPED TO YOUR LEG
laugh.gif
Quack Quack

and to the OP...to the contrary of what MidEast said, DO NOT PUT THE $$ IN YOUR LUGGAGE....that's an easy way for your money to go missing one way oranother.

BB guns

Not real guns... those obviously set off the detectors.

I took out the springs and the metal parts so they would not set anything off.

Heres my situation...

I dont have my bank in my area. So i cant deposit 9,000 into my checking card. I wish i could!

From what i heard, NEVER put lots of cash in your LUGGAGE. I have a Tumi book bag that i keep my laptop in, i could just use that right? Just put rubberbandsaround the money and throw it in my Tumi with my papers, and food.

And
eek.gif
at MidEastBeast. I could NEVER do anything like that.

Originally Posted by Anita Millyin

Heres my situation...

I dont have my bank in my area. So i cant deposit 9,000 into my checking card. I wish i could!

From what i heard, NEVER put lots of cash in your LUGGAGE. I have a Tumi book bag that i keep my laptop in, i could just use that right? Just put rubberbands around the money and throw it in my Tumi with my papers, and food.

And
eek.gif
at MidEastBeast. I could NEVER do anything like that.

When I bought my laptop they did NOT open the laptop bag, just slid it through the regular machine. But It's kinda risky IMO. Put the charger, CD's,papers, manuals and whatever else you can inside on top of the money. If you decide to do that.

I think you will be fine just carrying it with you. If it is 9k, all in Benjamins, then the stack shouldn't be that thick. You make it seems as if youare going to lug a satchel around like in No Country for Old Men.

just put it a carry on with a bunch of inner pockets,

try to get as many as hundreds as possible to shorten the stack and space requirements
grin.gif

putting it in non-carry on is asking for a fail

Back
Top Bottom