Can i get on a plane with $9,000 cash?

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

You serious fam ?

Put it in your luggage (NOT the carry on)

Simple as that Me and my family do it every time we travel.

You know that people can open your luggage for "regular inspections", right? You never know, they may have to inspect the money's authenticityand you'll be S.O.L.
Just keep it on your person in a jacket pocket or something.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

You serious fam ?

And to show you how much of a joke security is, (2002, year after 9/11) I (an Arab) bought a few BB guns in through airport security by taping them to my leg
and went through all security with no problems.
laugh.gif
I'm not buying that at all....you made it past security, the detectors, etc WITH GUNS TAPED TO YOUR LEG
laugh.gif
Quack Quack

and to the OP...to the contrary of what MidEast said, DO NOT PUT THE $$ IN YOUR LUGGAGE....that's an easy way for your money to go missing one way or another.

There have been numerous security tests across the nation where such things have passed through security without any problems. Airport security isn't allthat it's made up to be.

I've been on a plane with $70k before... if you're not traveling out of the country and the money on your person, you're fine. I've never beento vegas in the past 8 years without at least 10 on me. that fairy tale of the money setting off the metal detectors is just that, a fable. also, ifyou're wearing any real jewelry thats 10karat or more, don't take it off in the metal detector, real gold doesn't set off alarms. that alwayspisses off certain people too when you got a big chain on or a watch and it doesn't set off the metal detect or the wand. make sure you got on all legitgold though. lol

Originally Posted by nealraj006

You serious fam ?

You know that people can open your luggage for "regular inspections", right? You never know, they may have to inspect the money's authenticity and you'll be S.O.L.
Just keep it on your person in a jacket pocket or something.

You are right, I was just talking from personal experience. I just looked it up and for most US airliners the limit for a lost baggage refund is 2500. You cantake the risk if you look at your specific airliners lost (completely lost which is rare, not just sent to the wrong airport terminal) baggage record, butotherwise go with the laptop bag idea.

Originally Posted by Anita Millyin

Heres my situation...

I dont have my bank in my area. So i cant deposit 9,000 into my checking card. I wish i could!

From what i heard, NEVER put lots of cash in your LUGGAGE. I have a Tumi book bag that i keep my laptop in, i could just use that right? Just put rubberbands around the money and throw it in my Tumi with my papers, and food.

And
eek.gif
at MidEastBeast. I could NEVER do anything like that.

When I bought my laptop they did NOT open the laptop bag, just slid it through the regular machine. But It's kinda risky IMO. Put the charger, CD's, papers, manuals and whatever else you can inside on top of the money. If you decide to do that.
Don't listen to him. Just put it in your bag regularly , chances are they won't even say anything about it because it wouldn't looksuspicious. Just make sure you DO NOT have anything that would make them look in your liquids, gels, BB guns, or anything. Matter fact just get a duffel bagand have only your clothes and the $ inside of it.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]
nerd.gif
[/color]

roll.gif
roll.gif

Unless you flying overseas and have to go through customs, you good Escobar. "Its just Similac for the baby"
nerd.gif

Concerning airport security I know someone who accidently carried on a knife in their bag about a year ago.

Originally Posted by BENBALLER

I've been on a plane with $70k before... if you're not traveling out of the country and the money on your person, you're fine. I've never been to vegas in the past 8 years without at least 10 on me. that fairy tale of the money setting off the metal detectors is just that, a fable. also, if you're wearing any real jewelry thats 10karat or more, don't take it off in the metal detector, real gold doesn't set off alarms. that always pisses off certain people too when you got a big chain on or a watch and it doesn't set off the metal detect or the wand. make sure you got on all legit gold though. lol

Brag why don't you.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by early90s

Heres my situation...

I dont have my bank in my area. So i cant deposit 9,000 into my checking card. I wish i could!

From what i heard, NEVER put lots of cash in your LUGGAGE. I have a Tumi book bag that i keep my laptop in, i could just use that right? Just put rubberbands around the money and throw it in my Tumi with my papers, and food.

And
eek.gif

When I bought my laptop they did NOT open the laptop bag, just slid it through the regular machine. But It's kinda risky IMO. Put the charger, CD's, papers, manuals and whatever else you can inside on top of the money. If you decide to do that.
Don't listen to him. Just put it in your bag regularly , chances are they won't even say anything about it because it wouldn't look suspicious. Just make sure you DO NOT have anything that would make them look in your liquids, gels, BB guns, or anything. Matter fact just get a duffel bag and have only your clothes and the $ inside of it.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]
nerd.gif
[/color]

roll.gif
roll.gif

Unless you flying overseas and have to go through customs, you good Escobar. "Its just Similac for the baby"
nerd.gif

Fam, I travel regularly and they open the carry on bag VERY often. I can't remember the last time they didn't open my carry on. So putting in there isasking for an L, they open it regardless of if it sets off alarms or not because it is the highest security risk, for obvious reasons.

Originally Posted by BENBALLER

I've been on a plane with $70k before... if you're not traveling out of the country and the money on your person, you're fine. I've never been to vegas in the past 8 years without at least 10 on me. that fairy tale of the money setting off the metal detectors is just that, a fable. also, if you're wearing any real jewelry thats 10karat or more, don't take it off in the metal detector, real gold doesn't set off alarms. that always pisses off certain people too when you got a big chain on or a watch and it doesn't set off the metal detect or the wand. make sure you got on all legit gold though. lol

eek.gif
at 70k!!! and i rock a 14k necklace, nothin ridiculous though..

and
laugh.gif
at the Big Chain not setting off detector...

**edit** wait, where did you put $70,000 at!???

Heres my situation...

And
eek.gif
take your laptop out of the bag before security scans it. i travel a lot & they always make me take the laptop out the case. but you shouldbe good if you just carry it on, i had a few g's in my back pack when i flew home.

Heres my situation...

And
eek.gif

Don't listen to him. Just put it in your bag regularly , chances are they won't even say anything about it because it wouldn't look suspicious. Just make sure you DO NOT have anything that would make them look in your liquids, gels, BB guns, or anything. Matter fact just get a duffel bag and have only your clothes and the $ inside of it.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]
nerd.gif
[/color]

roll.gif
roll.gif

nerd.gif

Fam, I travel regularly and they open the carry on bag VERY often. I can't remember the last time they didn't open my carry on. So putting in there is asking for an L, they open it regardless of if it sets off alarms or not because it is the highest security risk, for obvious reasons.
Fam, I WORK there, and to the OP like I said carry a duffel bag with clothes ONLY, and put the money in it and you will be straight.

Heres my situation...

And
eek.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]
nerd.gif
[/color]

roll.gif
roll.gif

nerd.gif

Fam, I travel regularly and they open the carry on bag VERY often. I can't remember the last time they didn't open my carry on. So putting in there is asking for an L, they open it regardless of if it sets off alarms or not because it is the highest security risk, for obvious reasons.
Fam, I WORK there, and to the OP like I said carry a duffel bag with clothes ONLY, and put the money in it and you will be straight.

Maybe, but last few times I've traveled I had nothing illegal (just a pair of kicks, some socks etc) in the carry on and they still opened it.
nerd.gif

Heres my situation...

And
eek.gif

how could you not have bank in your area?

Well im in Ohio, and there is no Bank of America around here!!

Im still amazed at how BENBALLER got on with 70 racks!! Where did you PUT IT!?

Like, theyre not going to ask for proof of income, or where i got it, etc.? Im not worried,
Then why are you acting like you are worried?

When me and my family were traveling to Vegas, my uncle had 20 Gs in his hand lugggage and 5 Gs in a undershirt pocket thing that straps to your chest
We went through no problem
Youll be fine

^son if you were gettin on the plane with almost 10k, wouldnt you ask questions??

I usually almost certainly keep my $$ on my checking card, but im made this $$ while in Ohio and my bank isnt here.

go to the bank first ask to break your 8G into $1s and 1k to $100. (you know the trick)

now all you need is a black cloth bag and tell them you have a meeting with narcotic officer alonzo harris.

but.. youll be fine, its a domestic flight.

Just get an account, make the deposit, and then when u land wherever you are supposed to be at, go to the bank, and make a withdraw. Safest bet and u don'tgotta be paranoid when u on the plane and what not if anyone's trying to smoke u out for your bills.

im curious...whats the penalty of being caught with over $10,000 on you? When i was in Barbados I noticed that there was a sign in the airport that said youhave to declare if you had that much money on you

Back
Top Bottom