Can NT help? Vol. I'm Speeding...

Before all the "Why are you coming to NT for this" or the "Just Google it fam" come in just know that I've seen NT do a lot of goodwhen it comes to helping members in matters like this one and I now am in need of some of that help.

So Monday I was driving back up to Gainesville from Ft. Lauderdale and it was getting late. It was starting to look like I might not make it there by midnightso I was speeding so I could get there a little earlier since my boy had class the next day at 7:25. Long story short I got pulled over in Port St. Lucie going105. I was bugging out since I've never gotten stopped but I kept cool and respectful and the patrolman gave me a "Florida Uniform TrafficCitation" and sent me on my way. My question is: What is this? Is it like a ticket? Will I have to pay anything? Will I get points on my license? Will myinsurance go up? Will my parents find out since the car is in their name? I'm completely lost here...please help.

Cliffnotes.
-Speeding back to Gainesville from Ft. Lauderdale
-Got caught going 105 in a 70 mph zone
-Got a citation
-What is this?

Thanks in advance

200+ dollar fine probably. If you take a traffic class you can get the ticket dropped completly. YOu will get a citation in the mail.

YOu might be facing reckless endangerment. But IDK if they would just give you a ticket or that.

Take it easy next time fam, you never know when you might lose control of your vehicle and hurt someone.

Originally Posted by King Beef

200+ dollar fine probably. If you take a traffic class you can get the ticket dropped completly. YOu will get a citation in the mail.

YOu might be facing reckless endangerment. But IDK if they would just give you a ticket or that.

Take it easy next time fam, you never know when you might lose control of your vehicle and hurt someone.

what he said.

each state is different but i can make some reasonable assumptions.

1. yes it is a ticket
2. yes you will have to pay sometime. probably a pretty stiff fine since you were doing over 100 and 35mph over the posted limit (assuming thats what the copwrote you for)
3. yes you will get points on your license. possibly 2. in CA I believe 100+ can be reckless driving and/or exhibition of speed which could result in a 2pointer.
4. yes your insurance will go up. worse if its a 2 pointer.
5. yes your parents will find out when they see their insurance premium spiked. the ticket will probably be mailed to the house or address where the car isregistered. you might be able to snag it before they see it and go to court yourself and try to pay it, but eventually they will probably find out (withinsurance premium hike)

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

each state is different but i can make some reasonable assumptions.

1. yes it is a ticket
2. yes you will have to pay sometime. probably a pretty stiff fine since you were doing over 100 and 35mph over the posted limit (assuming thats what the cop wrote you for)
3. yes you will get points on your license. possibly 2. in CA I believe 100+ can be reckless driving and/or exhibition of speed which could result in a 2 pointer.
4. yes your insurance will go up. worse if its a 2 pointer.
5. yes your parents will find out when they see their insurance premium spiked. the ticket will probably be mailed to the house or address where the car is registered. you might be able to snag it before they see it and go to court yourself and try to pay it, but eventually they will probably find out (with insurance premium hike)

+$+# +$+# +$+# +$+#.

Thats definitely wreckless driving...did you get a summons to go to court...?
Maybe? The printout he gave me has a box checked off that says court appearance required, but the time is to be set.

^Better get a good lawyer, 30 mph over the speed limit often results in your drivers license revoked

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
everytime i see this dude post his avy has me rolling. the first thing that pops into my head is,"go king beef, go king beef..."

Originally Posted by gumbottombandit

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
everytime i see this dude post his avy has me rolling. the first thing that pops into my head is,"go king beef, go king beef..."

but first!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MUST DAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEE
roll.gif

Back to OP. You should get a lawyer ASAP, forget about keeping it away from your parents, just make sure you keep your liscense.

man anything over 100 here in oregon is automatic arrest on the spot, you got off easy if all you are getting is a ticket.

Back
Top Bottom