Can someone explain the meaning of the spiderman pic?

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

Wouldnt that picture represent waiting. I would assume some one put it there as if like waiting for a response or soemthing along those lines.
No, I believe it's more of a comment on the human condition. It is a direct challenge to Kant's Critique of Pure Reason. Spiderman here is contemplating, not just in his own mind and the experiences he has from that perspective, but in addition from the perspectives and vantage point of the "external viewer," which here is represented by the picture behind him on the wall.
The emptiness of the room, the solemn look on Spiderman's face, the unanswered telephone -- these are not meant to say Spiderman is friendless. Rather, in this state of deep contemplation, the world comes to Spiderman even as he sits alone at his desk. He is using his "Spider-Sense," if you will. If anything, Spiderman is alone in this world because he is one of few people willing and able to slow everything down for a minute and to examine himself and where he belongs.

This picture is a definitive work and a milestone for the Spiderman saga, establishing himself as a sympathetic literary character and philosopher.

What baffles/annoys me is all of you laughing and saying it's funny while having no real understanding of the meaning.

Anyway, look out for Dan Brown's new novel, The SpiderMan Code, which describes the attempts of Robert Langdon, Professor of Religious Symbology at Harvard University, to solve the murder of a renowned Spiderman cartoonist. A baffling cipher is found near his body. The ultimate solution is found to be intimately connected with the possible location of the Holy Grail (OG Air Jordan I's) and to a mysterious society called the Illuminati (NT's favorite topic). Atheism will also be explored ad nauseum even when it is completely irrelevant/unecessary/uninteresting.
images

eek.gif
roll.gif

Nice short answer! Pictures had me *dead*
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

Wouldnt that picture represent waiting. I would assume some one put it there as if like waiting for a response or soemthing along those lines.
No, I believe it's more of a comment on the human condition. It is a direct challenge to Kant's Critique of Pure Reason. Spiderman here is contemplating, not just in his own mind and the experiences he has from that perspective, but in addition from the perspectives and vantage point of the "external viewer," which here is represented by the picture behind him on the wall.
The emptiness of the room, the solemn look on Spiderman's face, the unanswered telephone -- these are not meant to say Spiderman is friendless. Rather, in this state of deep contemplation, the world comes to Spiderman even as he sits alone at his desk. He is using his "Spider-Sense," if you will. If anything, Spiderman is alone in this world because he is one of few people willing and able to slow everything down for a minute and to examine himself and where he belongs.

This picture is a definitive work and a milestone for the Spiderman saga, establishing himself as a sympathetic literary character and philosopher.

What baffles/annoys me is all of you laughing and saying it's funny while having no real understanding of the meaning.

Anyway, look out for Dan Brown's new novel, The SpiderMan Code, which describes the attempts of Robert Langdon, Professor of Religious Symbology at Harvard University, to solve the murder of a renowned Spiderman cartoonist. A baffling cipher is found near his body. The ultimate solution is found to be intimately connected with the possible location of the Holy Grail (OG Air Jordan I's) and to a mysterious society called the Illuminati (NT's favorite topic). Atheism will also be explored ad nauseum even when it is completely irrelevant/unecessary/uninteresting.
images

eek.gif
roll.gif

Nice short answer! Pictures had me *dead*
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 too muchhhh

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 too muchhhh

I was sitting here thinking to myself how in the hell is this thread 15 pages deep.

Entered the thread and was pleasantly surprised. Straight comedy.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I was sitting here thinking to myself how in the hell is this thread 15 pages deep.

Entered the thread and was pleasantly surprised. Straight comedy.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom