Captain America movie

--Hugo Weaving.
pimp.gif

--Cant wait to see dude's Red Skull.

Hugo Weaving is a great choice, but...

I woulda preferred Daniel Day Lewis (Bill the Butcher from Gangs Of New York) for Red Skull like it was rumored.

The buzz woulda been as huge as when Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Iron Man...Everybody woulda been like
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Not sayin Hugo Weaving doesn't deserve his own
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
's, its just Daniel Day Lewis is another level of actor...

PS. Anthony Hopkins playing Thor's father Odin is also
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

2qdu03q.jpg

^

Yeah Weaving or Day-Lewis would be good in my book too.

Both of them can play some evil, black magic Mother !!+$%$#

& they look mega skully
laugh.gif

I would have been shocked if Lewis played in a comic book movie, it would have been awesome, but a huge surprise.

I agree that Hugo Weaving is a good choice. But yea Daniel Day Lewis would have been huge. Either one would be great to play the Red Skull.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I would have been shocked if Lewis played in a comic book movie, it would have been awesome, but a huge surprise.
That's what being a great actor is about, having the ability to bring whatever your acting essences are to unexpected/unorthodox roles.

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Originally Posted by Big J 33

That's what being a great actor is about, having the ability to bring whatever your acting essences are to unexpected/unorthodox roles.
I don't think he meant it as he can't do it so he'd b surprised, more like this is a comic book film and he usually do academy award winning type of films.
So it would be surprising if he did a summer blockbuster type of movie. At least I think that is what he was trying to say.

Yeah that was exactly it RFX, I know for a fact Lewis would be fantastic in any role he plays, but he's only been in 5 movies in the last 13 years
laugh.gif
so if his next choice was Captain America, that would have been a surprise to me.

Chris Evans Offered Captain America?

Source: THR

March 19, 2010

evanscaptainamerica.jpg
THR is reporting that Marvel Studios has offered The First Avenger: Captain America to Chris Evans, who played Johnny Storm/Human Torch in the "Fantastic Four" movies.

Marvel Studios would not confirm the development to ComingSoon.net/SuperHeroHype saying they don't comment on rumors.

The Hollywood trade says the offer would include starring in up to three "Captain America" movies plus The Avengers and appearances in several other Marvel movies.

Evans does have a scheduling conflict, however. He is committed to co-starring in the Anna Faris romantic comedy What's Your Number?. Both are scheduled to shoot this summer.

Joe Johnston will direct The First Avenger: Captain America in England for a July 22, 2011 release

Originally Posted by mrshadow

Chris Evans Offered Captain America?

Source: THR

March 19, 2010

evanscaptainamerica.jpg
THR is reporting that Marvel Studios has offered The First Avenger: Captain America to Chris Evans, who played Johnny Storm/Human Torch in the "Fantastic Four" movies.

Marvel Studios would not confirm the development to ComingSoon.net/SuperHeroHype saying they don't comment on rumors.

The Hollywood trade says the offer would include starring in up to three "Captain America" movies plus The Avengers and appearances in several other Marvel movies.

Evans does have a scheduling conflict, however. He is committed to co-starring in the Anna Faris romantic comedy What's Your Number?. Both are scheduled to shoot this summer.

Joe Johnston will direct The First Avenger: Captain America in England for a July 22, 2011 release

meh.
eyes.gif

Hmm I'm not sure about the decision, I mean he is a good actor but I don't see him playing another comic book character.

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Hugo Weaving is a great choice, but...

I woulda preferred Daniel Day Lewis (Bill the Butcher from Gangs Of New York) for Red Skull like it was rumored.

The buzz woulda been as huge as when Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Iron Man...Everybody woulda been like
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Not sayin Hugo Weaving doesn't deserve his own
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
's, its just Daniel Day Lewis is another level of actor...

PS. Anthony Hopkins playing Thor's father Odin is also
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

2qdu03q.jpg
I like this idea because I see Weaving as a better Namor. He can pull of the right amount of arrogance

Chris Evans as Cap..IDK, don't get me wrong I like the guy as an actor; however, I haven't seen him play as a"leader type of actor" (If your going to say "Push" no real leader quality there) he hasn't displayed the essence of being a leader, yet. He might in this one, but he's going to have to pick-up his acting skills a bit.

Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull, guy might be the villain of the 2000s: LOTD, Matrix, Megatron and now Red Skull. I'm going to watch this just to see how he portraits Skull.~

EDIT: Daniel Day Lewis just looks like the Red Skull in that pic
laugh.gif

Anthony Hopkins playing Thor's father Odin is also
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

QTF.~

I'm not
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
about it.

But at the same time, I'm not dissapointed.

He just had a real douche-bag vibe to him in the past, maybe he matured though.

Who knows.

Meh...

Is Bucky gonna be in it?

Zac Efron should play him. I know Hollywood is dyin to really put his name out there with a Blockbuster movie.

hml3_bucky_team.jpg

Originally Posted by ljlukelj

I think they need an older guy playing capt

Cap was in his 20s when he fought in the war and they want all the main actors to sign on for nine picture deals.

movie is gonna be terrible.

gonna be way more wolverine-origins than the dark knight

Chris Evans Confirmed for Captain America

Source: Heat Vision, Variety

March 22, 2010

evanscaptainamerica.jpg
Chris Evans ("Fantastic Four" films) has accepted Marvel Studios' offer for him to play Steve Rogers/Captain America in the Joe Johnston-directed The First Avenger: Captain America. Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely wrote the script.

Marvel would not comment on the development, but we expect the official announcement will be made soon.

The deal calls for Evans to star in at least three "Captain America" movies, with the first hitting theaters on July 22, 2011.

He would reprise the role in The Avengers, which will united Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and the Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton) in one film. That film is scheduled for May 4, 2012. The character also will likely make cameo appearances in Marvel's other films.

Hugo Weaving will play the villain Red Skull in The First Avenger: Captain America.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

meh i think they could of done better

but hugo as red skull
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom