Car question. Challenger vs. Camero

Ok I dont know if there is a car thread that relates to my question but here goes
I'm looking for a new car. My price range is 20 to about 30 thousand. My choices are the Dodge Challenger or the Chevy Camero. Now I wanted to know for Challenger and Camero owners, what do your monthly payments look like and what does insurance look like too on these? and of course I want to hear opinions on which car is better and the performance, maintenance and durability.

Some insight about my finances: 

I'm only 20 (turn 21 in August) I have a decent job (bring home a lil over a grand (1200 every 2 weeks) every check and make a lil extra money working at the airport (about 200 bucks every 2 weeks). I'm a college student with no major bills except for my cell phone (about 80 bucks). 

At 20 you will be raped on insurance even on a entry level model.

With 20 to 30 grand you are in a used entry level Camaro/ Challenger.

You said your disposable income is $200. That will not finance a 20-30 car unless you are putting down at-least 12-22 grand.

Right now a 8g loan is running about 180 a month.

With your disposable income I suggest looking in the 8-10g range.

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

At 20 you will be raped on insurance even on a entry level model.

With 20 to 30 grand you are in a used entry level Camaro/ Challenger.

You said your disposable income is $200. That will not finance a 20-30 car unless you are putting down at-least 12-22 grand.

Right now a 8g loan is running about 180 a month.

With your disposable income I suggest looking in the 8-10g range.

wait go read my original post again. My disposable income is way more than 200 bucks. lol I wouldnt even be thinking about buying a ride if that was all I had. The 200 is a plus to the grand +   I make at one of my jobs. and I'm not looking to take out any loans to pay for a car.

Well if your looking for a V8 you won't be purchasing new because both start at $30k plus. Challenger i believe is right at $30k and the Camaro a bit more. You'll have to go used, probably a 2009+ for a Challenger and 2010-2011 for the Camaro. Now insurance varies greatly, what one person pays on here for the same car won't be the same for you. Age, area, driving history, etc play a factor in insurance costs. Since your only 20 you'll be paying A LOT for insurance. Gas is also a big factor for cars like these cause of the V8. Do more homework on it and think about if its something you wanna do long term. If you don't know that it's spelled Camaro i think you need to think more about this.

Face it OP... You're only in it for the "cool" factor!

Get yourself a reliable transportation that'll get you to point A to point B.

Enjoy bringing home $2500 a month and being debt free as a College student.

Don't make the mistake MILLIONS of people do, which is investing in a vehicle. Save up for a house, or save up for emergency!

Get a used 2009-2010 for like 26K with good mileage and don't get the base model man. Or at least get yourself a used entry level luxury car for your price range. Don't do V6 muscle.

Op I been struggling with the same idea no bs. I'm 24 and drive an 07 mustang that is nearly paid off so I been thinking bout copping one of these 2 whips but honestly it jus don't feel worth it... The cars are great but I know my money could be better spent elsewhere...

Don't make the mistake MILLIONS of people do, which is investing in a vehicle. Save up for a house, or save up for emergency!

Challenger all day

its not even a question honestly.

also get the HEMI otherwise its worthless.

If you want a V8 grab a new mustang gt its V8 is cheaper then the others. Or look at other cars or Used models

OP where are you located, you could probably find an awesome deal on a used Chally

don't buy chevy they used my tax dollars to stay in business

if you going american go dodge or ford.

Do you not have to pay rent or student loans? What kind of down payment are you going to putdown?

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Wish I had this mindset a few years ago before I bought my car.

what city/state do you live in? what does your driving record look like? these are also factored into insurance premiums.
it makes more sense to me to get a cheaper car thats reliable and good on gas, but do you man.

Back
Top Bottom