CARMELO : WE GAVE UP, WE ALL SUCK, WE PLAYED LIKE H@#S (VIDEO)

They need a dictator coach to be what they can be. Looking at that team on paper, they should be a top seed in the West.

A pure PG would help, though.

Kobe and the Lakers have this team SHOOK...they are scared out of their minds, its so evident in their body language and demeanor...
Scared?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Umm no...try frustrated.

Lakers are better and they know there isn't a thing they can do about it.

Lord, I thought NT was going to blow up the night AI got traded to Denver too, people on here were talking like Denver was going to be the new Celtic dynasty.
Possibly the biggest bandwagon ever....now it's down to about 3 fans
roll.gif

cant believe GK isnt going to be fired after this embarrasing series. bring jeff van gundy in!

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

Listening to that Interview doesnt do ne thing for...If he really was that disgusted with them quiting why would he be smiling and shh... the whole 2nd half....even Miller brought it up...your down 0-2...your playing one of the worst playoff games of ur career...ur team is quiting...your about to be down 0-3 and your smiling???... Yea when I hoop I smile too sometimes cuz getting mad doesnt help...but it that situation no way in hell you should be smiling...it just shows you dont even care....

Thats like you hearing about someone talkin about ur wife or mom...but you'll never see guy who did it...so you just laugh and smile about it cuz you can't do ne thing about it...now does that make any sense??..no...neither does smiling when ur about to be down 0-3....cuz to me its melo saying "its watever"

He was smiling during the game and now that the game was over he wanted to put a show on for the camera and act like...all he wants to do is win...and he cant standing losing or his team giving up bla bla bla...all that u THINK would apply to a player the caliber of melo but it just doesnt...

Edit: Anyone have vid of that AI interview on Tnt..I didnt see it

NOt sure if it has been addressed, but when i use to ball competitively, i would struggle and say miss a layup, i would smile outta of embarrassment,frustration, etc.

Im pretty sure he was doin the same thing. My coach (coach veal, God Bless her) ask me the same thing.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

They need a dictator coach to be what they can be. Looking at that team on paper, they should be a top seed in the West.

A pure PG would help, though.

"On paper" teams consist of a bunch of good individuals...but in most cases those individuals don't go together. On paper the Knicks might beone of the most talented teams in the NBA, if not the most...we see how that keeps turning out.

Originally Posted by thagreatj

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

Listening to that Interview doesnt do ne thing for...If he really was that disgusted with them quiting why would he be smiling and shh... the whole 2nd half....even Miller brought it up...your down 0-2...your playing one of the worst playoff games of ur career...ur team is quiting...your about to be down 0-3 and your smiling???... Yea when I hoop I smile too sometimes cuz getting mad doesnt help...but it that situation no way in hell you should be smiling...it just shows you dont even care....

Thats like you hearing about someone talkin about ur wife or mom...but you'll never see guy who did it...so you just laugh and smile about it cuz you can't do ne thing about it...now does that make any sense??..no...neither does smiling when ur about to be down 0-3....cuz to me its melo saying "its watever"

He was smiling during the game and now that the game was over he wanted to put a show on for the camera and act like...all he wants to do is win...and he cant standing losing or his team giving up bla bla bla...all that u THINK would apply to a player the caliber of melo but it just doesnt...

Edit: Anyone have vid of that AI interview on Tnt..I didnt see it

NOt sure if it has been addressed, but when i use to ball competitively, i would struggle and say miss a layup, i would smile outta of embarrassment, frustration, etc.

Im pretty sure he was doin the same thing. My coach (coach veal, God Bless her) ask me the same thing.
Nah I know what you mean cuz I did that too all the time and still do...but its not really so much the smile...it's Melo is the perfect example ofa player that seems like he only cares about getting his stats on O and nothing else...he doesn't play as hard as a player at his level should....and himsmiling just makes it look worse....its one thing if your playing hard and mess up and smile..I can handle that..but if your not playing hard and playin no dand smile...it just comes off wrong...

I don't watch the nuggets enough to pick a part why they are trash, but can someone please tell me why they suck so much on D???? You have Camby who theseanalyst always d.r. about his "shot blocking abilities" then Iverson who can rip anyone, yet every time I look there always giving up like 60-70 byhalf. Not to mention giving up 110+ every game
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

I don't watch the nuggets enough to pick a part why they are trash, but can someone please tell me why they suck so much on D???? You have Camby who these analyst always d.r. about his "shot blocking abilities" then Iverson who can rip anyone, yet every time I look there always giving up like 60-70 by half. Not to mention giving up 110+ every game
smh.gif

You partially answered your own question...

Camby is a great help side defender, but he probably can't guard Bastich one on one.

Iverson is great at playing the passing lanes, but he probably can't guard Ska093402934023423 one on one.

No one on their team outside of maybe Najera even wants to put forth any effort on the defensive end. Don't give me that shhh about Kenyon either, dudeis Camby-lite.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

I don't watch the nuggets enough to pick a part why they are trash, but can someone please tell me why they suck so much on D???? You have Camby who these analyst always d.r. about his "shot blocking abilities" then Iverson who can rip anyone, yet every time I look there always giving up like 60-70 by half. Not to mention giving up 110+ every game
smh.gif

You partially answered your own question...

Camby is a great help side defender, but he probably can't guard Bastich one on one.

Iverson is great at playing the passing lanes, but he probably can't guard Ska093402934023423 one on one.

No one on their team outside of maybe Najera even wants to put forth any effort on the defensive end. Don't give me that shhh about Kenyon either, dude is Camby-lite.

I guess that's all I really needed to know b/c teams that have players that don't care for D are always going to get lit up

It's like your stars set the tone for your team...Look at KG for example.

Dude is the DPOY. Not that he had the best defensive stats, but he brought that attitude to the Celtics and now they've become a great defensive team.

Players like Kobe and Lebron (he's getting better) will step up and guard the opponents best player when their teams need a stop.

Who's gonna do that on the Nuggets? Like someone already stated, there's not accountability on defense.

It's not gonna magically happen with a new coach, they're gonna need a complete roster overhaul.

And back to the og topic....Melo has never shown any leadership qualities IMO.

I hear people say "oh he's a winner, he lead 'Cuse to the title as a freshman"....well he was the best player in college at the time sothat's why they won, but he is what he is. An extremely gifted offensive player and that's it.

If Denver played any defense at all, they would not be down 3-0. They even made Marcus Camby stop playing defense

I see AI gets a free pass. The whole team has been playing like garbage. My thing is if Melo should shoulder most of the blame, then why did AI sit out almostthe entire 4th? If Melo wasn't trying and AI wasn't even on the floor, what does that say about AI or better yet, the coach? The team did quit. I'mglad Melo put it out there that they should have prepared better, because they don't look like a unit (pretty much the story of the entire season). Ithought the AI/Melo tandem would be vicious because I thought Karl would have picked up a pen and started working some X's and O's. But he wants tolet his players "feel" there way through the game. That's not what you pay a coach 3 mil/yr for. The AI/Melo combo hasn't worked because ithasn't been coached to work. As much as everyone loves AI, y'all have to realize how hard-headed he is. Heleaves Philly and now look at them and look at Iggy. He needs a dictator that won't take BS (John Thompson, Larry Brown). He hasn't done squat withouta coach that absolutely demands that he does things THEIR way. George Karl is like one of those parents that lets his kids cuss him out and probably"Well, it's healthy for kids to get things off their chest sometimes." Karl had this teams respect when he first got in because they didn'trealize how soft he's gotten. Then he gets AI, and instead of seizing the opportunity he gets lazier because he has a guy who can play 48 minutes a night.I'm telling you, this team is a good coach away for greatness. I can't believe the Nuggets FO might actually ask the bum to stay. I really think theyare just taking the high road and will pretend to be shocked once GK's "family issues" prompt him to take a break from coaching.

Back
Top Bottom