Carolina Panthers @ Green Bay Packers Game Thread

THE DOPE ON THIS WEEK'S OPPONENT:
Packers vs. Carolina Panthers:
All-time regular season: 5-3-0
All-time, postseason: 1-0
All-time, at Lambeau Field: 2-1-0
Streaks: The Packers have won three of the last four meetings.
Last meeting, regular season: Oct. 3, 2005, at Bank of America Stadium; Panthers won, 32-29
Last meeting, regular season, at Lambeau Field: Sept. 29, 2002; Packers won 17-14.

COACHES CAPSULES
Mike McCarthy: 16-9-0, .640; second NFL season
John Fox: 53-43-0, .552; sixth NFL season
Head to Head: Never met
vs. Opponent: McCarthy 0-0 vs. Panthers; Fox 1-2 vs. Packers

MIKE McCARTHY...In second year as the Packers' 14th head coach.

-Was named Packers head coach on Jan. 12, 2006, his first head coaching job after 13 years as an NFL assistant.

-Has won more games (16) in his first 25 contests than any other coach in franchise history.

-Spent six seasons as an offensive coordinator for the New Orleans Saints (2000-04) and San Francisco 49ers (2005).

-Began his coaching career as a college assistant at Fort Hays State (1987-88) and at the University of Pittsburgh (1989-92) before breaking into the NFL as a quality control assistant with the Chiefs in 1993.

JOHN FOX...In sixth year as the Panthers' third head coach.

-Has directed Carolina to two playoff appearances, two NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl in his five seasons.

-Also reached a Super Bowl with the New York Giants, where he served as defensive coordinator for five seasons (1997-2001) prior to his arrival in Carolina.

-Spent time on staff in Pittsburgh (1989-91), San Diego (1992-93), Oakland (1994-95) and St. Louis (1996).

-Coached at seven different colleges, including the University of Pittsburgh staff (1986-88) just before McCarthy's arrival in 1989.

THE PANTHERS-PACKERS SERIES
-Non-divisional opponents, the Packers and Panthers have met nine times over the past 11 seasons.

-The first meeting between the two clubs came in the 1996 NFC Championship game at Lambeau Field. The Packers overcame two early deficits to defeat the Panthers, 30-13, and earn a berth in their first Super Bowl in 29 years.

-Two of Carolina's wins in the series carried strong implications. The Panthers registered a 33-31 win at Lambeau Field, Dec. 12, 1999. The Packers were 7-5 entering the game, which launched a three-game losing streak that dropped them out of postseason contention; they finished 8-8. Then, on Nov. 27, 2000, Carolina's 31-14 Monday night win marked the Packers' last loss of the 2000 season, but their four-game winning streak wasn't enough to overcome the Panthers setback. Green Bay (9-7) missed the playoffs.

-In 2004, the Packers registered an emotional prime-time win, 24-14, over the Panthers, then the defending NFC champion, in the season opener on Monday Night Football.

Packers running game FTW!!

Lol... I was thinking of making this earlier.

Packers 38 - 10

Brett Favre will have 350 yards, 3 touch downs.

Grant will have a mediocre day at 75 yards, but will run it in once.

1 defensive TD.

+3 Turnover differential for the Packers

testaverde gets the start... i almost wish Carr was in there so Kampman and KGB could beast
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I agree about Carr. KGB is really impressing me though, the last few games on the 3rd down... a sack is a given
pimp.gif

Yo fraij you play madden? Hit me up if you do, PlatinumFunk

edit: I've got a broken mic though
roll.gif
Can't even talk trash.
mad.gif

I've finally fallen in to GB being a 'for real' team, after last week vs min, and all the other times they messed up my bets (lol).
I've accepted them.

GB -10.5

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

platnum funk u from milwaukee or wisconsin in genral

Brazil
roll.gif

New York is where I grew up though. My uncle's fault I'm a Packers fan.

However, it is odd that the Packers are the popular team here in Brazil, probably due to the team colors
laugh.gif

Peppers blocked Croby's FG.

Beautiful play by Tramon Williams. They lined up for a FG but they pooched it instead and Williams takes it for a TD, some great blocking on that return.

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

Peppers blocked Croby's FG.

Beautiful play by Tramon Williams. They lined up for a FG but they pooched it instead and Williams takes it for a TD, some great blocking on that return.

Thanks for explaining what the hell happened, NFL gamecenter is not a good look.
ohwell.gif
They said it came up short.

I might actually buy that online NFL thing, I had it the 4-12 season (2005)... explains a lot about why I was hesitant with buying it again.

P.Funk, I think you need a certain plugin. It never worked for me when I tried to watch wrestling PPVs on it.:/

I can't check for you though since the internet got cut, so I'm on my phone.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom