Carson Palmer demands a trade.. VOL who wants him ?

dacomeup

Supporter
Sources: Carson Palmer wants trade
EmailPrintComments
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN
Archive
Carson Palmer will ask the Cincinnati Bengals to trade him and will contemplate retirement if he does not get his wish, according to several sources.

AFC North blog
ESPN.com's James Walker writes about all things AFC North in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Palmer, the No. 1 overall pick by the Bengals in 2003, was unavailable for comment as he and his wife Shaelynn were awaiting the birth of their third child.

A Bengals spokesman had no comment. The team has Palmer under contract through 2014.

Palmer has become the object of fan frustration in the past two years and sources said he has grown frustrated with the team's inconsistencies. The Bengals finished 4-12 in 2010.

Sources familiar with Palmer's plan and mindset said he is financially secure for the rest of his life and willing to follow through and retire.

Several teams will be in the market for quarterbacks this offseason. Seattle will have an opening at quarterback if the Seahawks can't re-sign Matt Hasselbeck. Palmer won the Heisman Trophy for now-Seahawks coach Pete Carroll at USC in 2002. San Francisco, where his wife was raised, and Arizona could also be options.

Palmer suffered a major knee injury in a first-round playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers at the end of the 2005 season. He also suffered an elbow injury in 2008 and considered Tommy John surgery before choosing to rehab without having the operation.

No one will take him
laugh.gif
His arm isn't shot, but his confidence definitely is. I doubt anything comes of this though.

Sources: Carson Palmer wants trade
EmailPrintComments
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN
Archive
Carson Palmer will ask the Cincinnati Bengals to trade him and will contemplate retirement if he does not get his wish, according to several sources.

AFC North blog
ESPN.com's James Walker writes about all things AFC North in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Palmer, the No. 1 overall pick by the Bengals in 2003, was unavailable for comment as he and his wife Shaelynn were awaiting the birth of their third child.

A Bengals spokesman had no comment. The team has Palmer under contract through 2014.

Palmer has become the object of fan frustration in the past two years and sources said he has grown frustrated with the team's inconsistencies. The Bengals finished 4-12 in 2010.

Sources familiar with Palmer's plan and mindset said he is financially secure for the rest of his life and willing to follow through and retire.

Several teams will be in the market for quarterbacks this offseason. Seattle will have an opening at quarterback if the Seahawks can't re-sign Matt Hasselbeck. Palmer won the Heisman Trophy for now-Seahawks coach Pete Carroll at USC in 2002. San Francisco, where his wife was raised, and Arizona could also be options.

Palmer suffered a major knee injury in a first-round playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers at the end of the 2005 season. He also suffered an elbow injury in 2008 and considered Tommy John surgery before choosing to rehab without having the operation.

No one will take him
laugh.gif
His arm isn't shot, but his confidence definitely is. I doubt anything comes of this though.

He recently bought some property in Del Mar. Should just rot away on the bench in SD and live the life

He recently bought some property in Del Mar. Should just rot away on the bench in SD and live the life

Originally Posted by RawSheed

That'd be pretty sweet. Volek is a FA too i believe, get it done AJ! 
laugh.gif

^off topic, but i couldn't help but notice your sig, have you had a chance to check out a game this year? I've been trying to get tickets from my buddy who goes to state but you have to camp out overnight now for student section seats

laugh.gif

^off topic, but i couldn't help but notice your sig, have you had a chance to check out a game this year? I've been trying to get tickets from my buddy who goes to state but you have to camp out overnight now for student section seats

Mike Brown will not trade him, no way in hell, that's his baby, but I would love to be able to get at least get a 3rd rounder for him.
But I kinda respect Palmer for doing this. He sees that nothing is ever going to change with this franchise, and he wants to get out while he still might have a couple ok years left with a change of scenery.
The best thing that could happen and be the ultimate slap in the face to this organization would be if he just retired.
laugh.gif

Mike Brown will not trade him, no way in hell, that's his baby, but I would love to be able to get at least get a 3rd rounder for him.
But I kinda respect Palmer for doing this. He sees that nothing is ever going to change with this franchise, and he wants to get out while he still might have a couple ok years left with a change of scenery.
The best thing that could happen and be the ultimate slap in the face to this organization would be if he just retired.
laugh.gif

Is he really even that great a change-of-scenery candidate? It would obviously help mentally, I think, but what's he got left?

Is he really even that great a change-of-scenery candidate? It would obviously help mentally, I think, but what's he got left?

And boom goes the dynamite.

I have a gut feeling, if He somehow gets to Zona, San Fran, Minn or Seattle, He will beast again. New team, scenery, better organization does wonders for players.

Damn shame it has come to this. I don't blame him one bit. Not 1 bit.

And boom goes the dynamite.

I have a gut feeling, if He somehow gets to Zona, San Fran, Minn or Seattle, He will beast again. New team, scenery, better organization does wonders for players.

Damn shame it has come to this. I don't blame him one bit. Not 1 bit.

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

laugh.gif

SDSU sent out emails on pick-up dates for certain home games, so there's a specific date. Each student is allowed to purchase up to 2 guests. Monday is the pick-up date for Wyoming, I wouldn't doubt that students are camping out now. The BYU pick up will be insane ill be at that one for sure

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

SF should take a look
That would flush the NT's fan base dream of having Gabbert/Mallet/Newton or Young/McNabb?

Wouldn't mind taking a chance on Carson Palmer, no receivers on the squad though.  VD is the only target.

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

laugh.gif

SDSU sent out emails on pick-up dates for certain home games, so there's a specific date. Each student is allowed to purchase up to 2 guests. Monday is the pick-up date for Wyoming, I wouldn't doubt that students are camping out now. The BYU pick up will be insane ill be at that one for sure

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

SF should take a look
That would flush the NT's fan base dream of having Gabbert/Mallet/Newton or Young/McNabb?

Wouldn't mind taking a chance on Carson Palmer, no receivers on the squad though.  VD is the only target.

Back
Top Bottom