Cavaliers At Celtics | Round 2, Game 6 | Cavaliers vs. Celtics | Thursday, May 13 | 8:00 ET

After tonight's game he'll be known as "LeGone" to the cavs fans
pimp.gif

Officials for Game 6: Monty McCutchen (best-dressed ref in league), Bob Delaney (former mob informant), Eddie F. Rush (don't call Ed).

Mike Brown said at shootaround there may be some changes to the lineup. He meant the rotation because the starters will remain the same. This could involve the Cavs playing smaller, with more J.J. Hickson. But then again, it may not. Playing small has been effective in spurts against the Celtics this season and for the Cavs.
It is possible there could be more of Jamison at small forward to remove him from guarding Garnett, who is bothering Jamison in the post. The Cavs had success with that lineup, with James functioning as the point guard and Anthony Parker in as the spot up shooter, when Williams was out with injury. This might mean less playing time for Williams, which might not be a bad thing the way he's been playing defense.  

* The Cavs players were very loose and laughing and joking before shootaround. No one more than James, who isn't exactly starting the day off with a tone of focus. When he played very well in Game 3, James put headphones on and said nothing before shootaround as he got ready to work. Not sure what is so funny. There is a detached mentality with the team that is remarkable over the last week. We'll see if they are laughing later tonight.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by 18th letter

I just want to see Lebron FAIL FAIL FAIL when it matters most .
smh.gif
I'm praying for a blowout.

tumblr_krzvu8gUHL1qzmu29o1_500.jpg

I like how you edited the rest of what I said, just so you can get your lil
laugh.gif

corny +$! $+!$#

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Just IMAGINE the epicness that will be my dude Chester McFloppy's post if and when the Cavs lose, though. That's enough for me right there
eek.gif
laugh.gif

He's probably putting the final touches on that post right now
laugh.gif

But I think Cleveland wins this game and LeBron goes ape #!%* tonight.

laugh.gif
How long has he been saving quotes and pictures for this moment?

I'm leaning towards this going back to Cleveland, too.

Boston better seal the deal while they've got the chance. If it goes the distance, you never know what could happen.

Mr. Potato head is an idiot. Shaq is not working. They should start either Andy or Hickson and move Jamison to the 3 so he doesn't keep getting bent over by KG.

chester the child.

What grown man goes out of his way for things like this???

Whoever wins this series is getting swept next round

Originally Posted by lilpennymagicfan

chester the child.

What grown man goes out of his way for things like this???

Whoever wins this series is getting swept next round
Magic aren't sweeping the anyone son.

I got the Cavs winning their next 2 games.

And I've been thinking, Jamison is nice, but when you look at some of the names that have moved around the last few years, you realize the Cavs could have done MUUUUCH better surrounding LeBron w/ a solid team.

They went out and got Mo, Jamison, and an aging Shaq. Alright, cool. Oh, and Anthony Parker.

But who has shuffled teams the last few years?

Vince, Pau, Caron Butler, Rashard Lewis, Artest, Garnett, Ray Allen, J-Rich, Baron Davis, Kidd...

And you can pick out 2 or 3 of those and say 'C'mon, ska, are you serious?' But for the most part, that's a lot of talent that Cavs have just waved at.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

We all damn well know this is going to Game 7.
laugh.gif

qft. $tern and his boys gonna give the 50/50 calls to cleveland. with three sweeps in the 2nd rd, they need this to be a seven game series.

There is no way this series isn't going 7. I think LeBron is going to have a crazy game one of those 40,10,8 nights and everyone is going to be all over him again. Should be fun to watch.

the cavs can easily lose the game even with lebron going 40,10,10

i don't even know what to expect anymore. i think the cavs will win by single digits. hope i'm wrong

* The Cavs players were very loose and laughing and joking before shootaround. No one more than James, who isn't exactly starting the day off with a tone of focus. When he played very well in Game 3, James put headphones on and said nothing before shootaround as he got ready to work. Not sure what is so funny. There is a detached mentality with the team that is remarkable over the last week. We'll see if they are laughing later tonight.
Bron's gonna show up, the rest of the cavs are still in Cleveland.

Excerpt from Bill Simmons article on ESPN.com that Mike Brown needs to read

Important note: The Cavs' biggest advantage in this series was/is athleticism. The Celtics can't match up with Hickson-LeBron-Moon-West-Williams or Hickson-LeBron-Varejao-Williams-West. In a Feb. 25 game in Boston, Hickson-LeBron/Moon-Varejao-West-Williams turned a 78-77 deficit into a 101-86 rout in just eight minutes. They blew the Celtics off the court. Tuesday night, Varejao played 17 minutes, Hickson played four and Moon played seven. It's illogical. It makes no sense. You could argue that Varejao should play 48 minutes a game in this series, and that Moon should be the one defending Rondo. Wait, why am I pointing this out? Um, keep playing Shaq! Twenty-one points in Game 5! Looked great!

Couldnt have said it better myself. I mean im a Magic fan so I dont really care who wins, but Cleveland collapsing to Boston and playing old Shaq to much is ridiculous!

Lost in all of the Lebron hype is the possibility of this being the last time Pierce every wears a Celtics uniform in the TD Garden. Ray, too, but Pierce has been balling out here for 12 years. Ainge isn't scared to do anything and would let Pierce walk if it meant that he was going to hurt our rebuilding chances. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Lost in all of the Lebron hype is the possibility of this being the last time Pierce every wears a Celtics uniform in the TD Garden. Ray, too, but Pierce has been balling out here for 12 years. Ainge isn't scared to do anything and would let Pierce walk if it meant that he was going to hurt our rebuilding chances. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that.
after game 5 the media was all over bron not showing up and his future...it was barely even about how the celtics dominated the cavs and how well they played...it was more about the bron losing than the celtics winning 

i still think its going 7

Back
Top Bottom