Cavaliers @ BOS - Game V - 8pm on TNT

witness_wallpaper-lg.jpg

LeBron with the "virtuoso Game 5 performance"...

Cavs by 1 in a thriller.

I can't see the home team losing in the next two games. I hope LeBron gets out of his shooting slump.

celtics got all the pressure on them... i wanna see LBJ put on a show like he did in game 5 against detroit
pimp.gif

Home court is crazy this year.

Celtics need to run more plays for Ray Allen. He has Wally on him, he should be coming off multiple screens and lighting him up all day, its not good if Rondohas 10 attempts a game (more than Ray).

Celtics by 5.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

I am feeling a big game out of Rondo. He is much better than West but has not shown it yet.

Rondo better than Delonte West?
eyes.gif

momentum is on cavaliers side.but who knows..every team that are currently playing in the playoffs are playing well at home..goodluck cavs..

Originally Posted by Japs24

29g1hdi.jpg

From NBA.com.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And Delonte West > Rondo.

West isn't a liability when he's on the court.

Cavaliers strike gold
Tony Massarotti By Tony Massarotti
Tuesday, May 13, 2008

CLEVELAND - The series is now best-of-three. One team has LeBron James and one does not. Who you gonna pick?

"The stuff he does, it shouldn't amaze me because he is who he is," Cavaliers coach Mike Brown said of James last night. "Sometimes I do get giddy inside. I'm glad I'm with him."

Be afraid, Celtics [team stats] followers. Be very, very afraid. In what was by far the best basketball game of this Eastern Conference semifinal series, the Cavaliers defeated the Celtics last night 88-77 in Game 4. The Celts and Cavs are now tied at 2 in this best-of-seven affair, and the Cavaliers look far more capable of winning in Boston than the Celtics do in Cleveland.
Click here to find out more!

James was the difference in this game, plain and simple. For the large majority of the night, the Celtics and Cavs played an extremely competitive affair during which the individual quarter scores were 23-21, 22-22 and 23-22, leaving the Cavs with a skinny three-point, one-possession lead entering the fourth quarter. It was still a three-point game, 79-76 in favor of the Cavs, with a little less than four minutes remaining.

James made plays down the stretch.

The Celtics didn't.

Point, game and set.

Match?

In all fairness to the Celtics, they played much better in this game - at least until the fourth quarter. That's when James, in the span of three Cleveland possessions, buried a 3-pointer from the left wing and fed wide-open teammate Daniel Gibson for another 3-pointer before a signature, tomahawk dunk that somehow failed to leave skid marks on three Celtics.

On the play, James blew past Paul Pierce [stats] and James Posey before taking the proverbial elevator to the 10th floor (after dropping off Kevin Garnett on the seventh).

"That's one, after he did it, inside I was so pumped up. I tried to flex like he did," said Brown of James' sheer athleticism on the play. "That was unbelievable. That was amazing. It was amazing. Noth- . . . it was amazing."

Said James: "The dunk? I just wanted to be aggressive. I hadn't had a play like that all series. Before that, I drove in the lane and saw Garnett, and I tried to change hands and throw one up there. I wasn't going to do that again. I was going to be aggressive. Once I get to the corner and get my (stride) down, there aren't too many guys that can get up there with me."

Lest it be overlooked, the Celtics had their chances before James hit them with the succession of haymakers. Garnett had a wide-open, 17-footer on the baseline immediately prior to James' 3-pointer and short-rimmed it. Just prior to that, Pierce missed a layup. The Celtics shot 5-for-16 in the quarter and scored a mere 12 points.

For the series, James is now shooting 25.6 percent from the field (20-for-78), but do not be fooled. Last night, he was 0-of-6 in the fourth quarter before covering the entire spectrum with the 3-pointer, pass and dunk. In the four games thus far, James has 36 assists (including 13 last night), 25 rebounds, 10 steals, seven blocks and 43 free throw attempts, the last number roughly three times the total of any single Celtic.

"So you think LeBron is struggling?" a disbelieving Doc Rivers asked when questioned about James' performance in the series. "Twenty-one points, 13 assists, six rebounds. He probably forced 15 fouls. We don't look at that as LeBron struggling.

"The Gibson 3's and the other 3's, those don't happen without Lebron James. Nobody is shooting well from the field, but he's still making plays for his team. We look at that, too."

For James, there was one ugly moment in this game, when Pierce thwarted a Cleveland fast break by wrapping his arms around James in the open floor. The Q called for justice. James' mother, Gloria, sprang from her seat on the baseline and confronted Pierce while Cavs guard Wally Szczerbiak laughably tried to high five her. James is just 23, but even he doesn't need his mom showing up at the playground.

According to James, he promptly told his mother "to sit down in language I probably shouldn't have used," then returned to the business of showing up the Celtics [team stats].

"We go into every playoff series and we're supposed to lose. Every year," James said with a soft shake of the head. "Every time Cleveland gets in the postseason, we're the underdog, no matter who we're playing. Let's go out and do our job. One day, we'll earn our respect. One day."

Maybe one day soon.
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...1&format=&page=1&listingType=celt#articleFullBoston GlobeArticle

What's Delonte West's contract situation? I would LOVE to have this dude on the Wizards....bring him back to DC
pimp.gif
him and his wiah hangas...

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

And Delonte West > Rondo.
LEBRON-ZYDRUNAS-WALLY-DANIEL-BEN-DELONTE

grin.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

wildKYcat wrote
laugh.gif
@ Delonte being better than Rondo.
grin.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Homers
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

What's Delonte West's contract situation? I would LOVE to have this dude on the Wizards....bring him back to DC
pimp.gif
him and his wiah hangas...

laugh.gif

Hands down, Man down...

Sucks I'm gonna miss most of this game too. Crucial game here. Winner of this will win the series IMO.

im rooting for the cavs, even though i cant stand lebron ....... and by the way delonte > rondo ... hands down, man down

Back
Top Bottom