Cd sales 6-29-10 Vol. Em 753k

Originally Posted by The Kid Nimley

Because we live in a world where RACE matters...

And OBVIOUSLY we all live under different circumstances because some of you don't seem to grasp the notion...

As I said MANY times, the best songs on the album is when he's speakin about his music SUCKING for tha past few years, but when I say the exact same *!!$ Em does, I'm a racist...
smh.gif
and thats why relapse sold less and is his worst selling album of his career.

recovery is much better, and thats why it's selling more.

check it: the rihanna song is not even a released single and it's #2 on the billboard. who does that?

Because we live in a world where RACE matters...

And OBVIOUSLY we all live under different circumstances because some of you don't seem to grasp the notion...

As I said MANY times, the best songs on the album is when he's speakin about his music SUCKING for tha past few years, but when I say the exact same *!!$ Em does, I'm a racist...
smh.gif
and thats why relapse sold less and is his worst selling album of his career.

recovery is much better, and thats why it's selling more.

check it: the rihanna song is not even a released single and it's #2 on the billboard. who does that?

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Originally Posted by Liquor Poker

I don't know man, that's a lot of work to be putting in for a guy you're not jealous of and have no emotional connection to don't you think? With all this hate I'm lead to believe Em slept with some of your girls or something.

Son your on here defending Em like its your job. Dude has to have a rash from you riding so hard. Some people in here don't like Em, get over it. Ya'll won't admit that because he's white is a HUGE reason he has all of those sales, ya'll need to take his %!$* out of your mouth for a couple seconds and stop going hardbody defending this dude online. Really.

This
But at the same time, you are in here going at music you don't like as if it's your job.

# of time you have posted in this thread - 21
# of times he has - 9

eyes.gif
Are you the pot or kettle? Looks like you are the whole 13 piece set to me. 21 posts and you don't even like the music! I will be damned if I waste a chunkof my life in the Lil B thread going at everyone because he sucks, IMO.Ridiculous.

You think you are some sort of hip hop king that knows all, but really you don't.

Em also pulls in grungy type fans that don't normally listen to rap. Is it because he is white? No. It's because what he raps about.

I would almost guarantee that 200K of those sales were from people who don't normally listen to rap and bought it because they want to hear him talk crazy @@*% out of his ##%, not because he is white. It's content, not appearance.

Hell, I work with 2 guys that listen to stuff like NIN, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, AIC, etc and they were quick to ask me if I heard the new EM album and guess what - they don't like it..Why? The content is different from his previous albums. They don't like a serious Em...

I don't know man, that's a lot of work to be putting in for a guy you're not jealous of and have no emotional connection to don't you think? With all this hate I'm lead to believe Em slept with some of your girls or something.

Son your on here defending Em like its your job. Dude has to have a rash from you riding so hard. Some people in here don't like Em, get over it. Ya'll won't admit that because he's white is a HUGE reason he has all of those sales, ya'll need to take his %!$* out of your mouth for a couple seconds and stop going hardbody defending this dude online. Really.

This
But at the same time, you are in here going at music you don't like as if it's your job.

# of times he has - 9

eyes.gif
Are you the pot or kettle? Looks like you are the whole 13 piece set to me. 21 posts and you don't even like the music! I will be damned if I waste a chunkof my life in the Lil B thread going at everyone because he sucks, IMO.Ridiculous.

You think you are some sort of hip hop king that knows all, but really you don't.

Em also pulls in grungy type fans that don't normally listen to rap. Is it because he is white? No. It's because what he raps about.

I would almost guarantee that 200K of those sales were from people who don't normally listen to rap and bought it because they want to hear him talk crazy @@*% out of his ##%, not because he is white. It's content, not appearance.

Hell, I work with 2 guys that listen to stuff like NIN, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, AIC, etc and they were quick to ask me if I heard the new EM album and guess what - they don't like it..Why? The content is different from his previous albums. They don't like a serious Em...

Cool story bro...

I am white, live a perfect life, and me and all my white friends bought Em's album because he is white!

Cool story bro...

I am white, live a perfect life, and me and all my white friends bought Em's album because he is white!

This dude trolling this thread is talking like he is a respected hip-hop critic or that somehow HIS opinion matters more than anyone else. "Nah bruh I know real hip-hop. Trust me. All I do is listen to anyone who isn't mainstream and then refuse to listen to anybody that sells over 100K cuz they trash. Sellin' records ain't real hip-hop. I keep it real."

This dude trolling this thread is talking like he is a respected hip-hop critic or that somehow HIS opinion matters more than anyone else. "Nah bruh I know real hip-hop. Trust me. All I do is listen to anyone who isn't mainstream and then refuse to listen to anybody that sells over 100K cuz they trash. Sellin' records ain't real hip-hop. I keep it real."

The songs in the top 100 are:

2. Love The Way You Lie Featuring Rihanna
11. Not Afraid
23. No Love Featuring Lil Wayne
62. Won’t Back Down Featuring P!nk
71. Cold Wind Blows
88. Talkin’ 2 Myself Featuring Kobe
92. 25 To Life

11. Not Afraid
71. Cold Wind Blows
92. 25 To Life

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

This

# of times he has - 9

eyes.gif

Quoted for truth.
Bolded for emphasis.

This

# of times he has - 9

eyes.gif

Quoted for truth.
Bolded for emphasis.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

This

# of times he has - 9

eyes.gif

Quoted for truth.
Bolded for emphasis.
Pretty Much.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

This

# of times he has - 9

eyes.gif

Quoted for truth.
Bolded for emphasis.
Pretty Much.

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Some ignorant people in here. 
laugh.gif

But anyway, I'm not arguing with either side, I'm just giving my 2 cents after reading all these ridiculous ##+ arguments. 
laugh.gif

When Eminem first started rapping he sold a #@#@ ton, not JUST because he was white. Yes, that definitely helped, but being white alone isn't enough to make you a big name in rap, and anybody who's not stupid should be at least able to understand it is not just because he is white. 

When he first game he also had the huge shock factor, who else ever rapped about the crazy #@#@ he did? That stuff had the kids going crazy and created soo much controversy from parents/media etc. You really think if he was just some average rapping white dude, rapping about boring white people #@#@, (IE Asher Roth 
laugh.gif
), he'd be where he is today?

He was/is a talented MC. To add-on to the white/controversial rapper, he was/is a very talented lyricist. Sure he had corny singles, but they were catchy, and he could spit.

He was produced by Dre. Getting a co-sign from Dre is also something that helped him a ton.

Now I know I'm just stating the obvious here but people on here are so black and white about this (no pun intended), that it's either 100% because he's white, or it's 100% because he's a good rapper. Both sides need to get realistic and understand that it's a combination of multiple aspects. Because all of the media attention from the controversy about his albums, Em became a household name, kids NEEDED to listen to him. I don't care if they're black kids or white kids, I knew both races that bumped him growing up. Establishing a solid fan base of this generation, that would stick with him, when they realized he wasn't just a corny/gimmicky white rapper, and he made some dope music too.

Yes Eminem being white does give him extra sales, there's no denying that. But if it wasn't for his actual musical talent, and everything else I mentioned above. Dude probably woulda sould 100-200K on his first album, then maybe put out one or two more CDs and would not have been 1/10th the caliber in the game he is today. 

/rant
/thread

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Some ignorant people in here. 
laugh.gif

But anyway, I'm not arguing with either side, I'm just giving my 2 cents after reading all these ridiculous ##+ arguments. 
laugh.gif

When Eminem first started rapping he sold a #@#@ ton, not JUST because he was white. Yes, that definitely helped, but being white alone isn't enough to make you a big name in rap, and anybody who's not stupid should be at least able to understand it is not just because he is white. 

When he first game he also had the huge shock factor, who else ever rapped about the crazy #@#@ he did? That stuff had the kids going crazy and created soo much controversy from parents/media etc. You really think if he was just some average rapping white dude, rapping about boring white people #@#@, (IE Asher Roth 
laugh.gif
), he'd be where he is today?

He was/is a talented MC. To add-on to the white/controversial rapper, he was/is a very talented lyricist. Sure he had corny singles, but they were catchy, and he could spit.

He was produced by Dre. Getting a co-sign from Dre is also something that helped him a ton.

Now I know I'm just stating the obvious here but people on here are so black and white about this (no pun intended), that it's either 100% because he's white, or it's 100% because he's a good rapper. Both sides need to get realistic and understand that it's a combination of multiple aspects. Because all of the media attention from the controversy about his albums, Em became a household name, kids NEEDED to listen to him. I don't care if they're black kids or white kids, I knew both races that bumped him growing up. Establishing a solid fan base of this generation, that would stick with him, when they realized he wasn't just a corny/gimmicky white rapper, and he made some dope music too.

Yes Eminem being white does give him extra sales, there's no denying that. But if it wasn't for his actual musical talent, and everything else I mentioned above. Dude probably woulda sould 100-200K on his first album, then maybe put out one or two more CDs and would not have been 1/10th the caliber in the game he is today. 

/rant
/thread

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

11. Not Afraid
71. Cold Wind Blows
92. 25 To Life

Damn that's crazy...
dude has 7 songs on the top 100...

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

11. Not Afraid
71. Cold Wind Blows
92. 25 To Life

Damn that's crazy...
dude has 7 songs on the top 100...

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

Originally Posted by zokid

Damn didn't think those numbers em did was possible in this day and age. Drake had a good second week as well.

Not really. 2nd week sales for Drake still don't top Em's 1st week.

that doesn't mean selling 150k your second week isn't good
indifferent.gif

But Drake is more than just a number.

Back
Top Bottom