Cd sales 6-29-10 Vol. Em 753k

whoever think em wont sell is a fool I didnt know the album dropped an wasnt lookin for it but good for em

whoever think em wont sell is a fool I didnt know the album dropped an wasnt lookin for it but good for em

Originally Posted by Liquor Poker

I don't know man, that's a lot of work to be putting in for a guy you're not jealous of and have no emotional connection to don't you think? With all this hate I'm lead to believe Em slept with some of your girls or something.

Son your on here defending Em like its your job. Dude has to have a rash from you riding so hard. Some people in here don't like Em, get over it. Ya'll won't admit that because he's white is a HUGE reason he has all of those sales, ya'll need to take his %!$* out of your mouth for a couple seconds and stop going hardbody defending this dude online. Really.

I don't know man, that's a lot of work to be putting in for a guy you're not jealous of and have no emotional connection to don't you think? With all this hate I'm lead to believe Em slept with some of your girls or something.

Son your on here defending Em like its your job. Dude has to have a rash from you riding so hard. Some people in here don't like Em, get over it. Ya'll won't admit that because he's white is a HUGE reason he has all of those sales, ya'll need to take his %!$* out of your mouth for a couple seconds and stop going hardbody defending this dude online. Really.

Take a deep breath.....now let it go. You WILL go on living despite the fact that Eminem sold more records than your favorite rapper. I know it seems difficult to even think about right now at this stage of your hatred, but some day you'll find yourself an even better rapper to throw all of your displaced anger at and you'll forget all about how Eminem stole your favorite artists record sales. You deserve better than Em anyway...he doesn't even appreciate your 24/7 trolling of the Niketalk music forum to make sure you express your hate in every thread. Before you know it, you'll be right back on that horse coming up with bogus arguments and contradicting yourself over and over again when another person sells more records than YOU THINK they should. Chin up, young fella.
wink.gif

Seriously though, I understand some people just don't like him. I hate Lil' Wayne probably more than anybody on this planet and nobody will ever be able to convince me to like him....so nobody is gona convince anybody that Eminem is good when they just don't like him.

I would rather be the majority share holder in a chain of Alec Baldwin day care centers than listen to an entire Lil' Wayne album. 

Take a deep breath.....now let it go. You WILL go on living despite the fact that Eminem sold more records than your favorite rapper. I know it seems difficult to even think about right now at this stage of your hatred, but some day you'll find yourself an even better rapper to throw all of your displaced anger at and you'll forget all about how Eminem stole your favorite artists record sales. You deserve better than Em anyway...he doesn't even appreciate your 24/7 trolling of the Niketalk music forum to make sure you express your hate in every thread. Before you know it, you'll be right back on that horse coming up with bogus arguments and contradicting yourself over and over again when another person sells more records than YOU THINK they should. Chin up, young fella.
wink.gif

Seriously though, I understand some people just don't like him. I hate Lil' Wayne probably more than anybody on this planet and nobody will ever be able to convince me to like him....so nobody is gona convince anybody that Eminem is good when they just don't like him.

I would rather be the majority share holder in a chain of Alec Baldwin day care centers than listen to an entire Lil' Wayne album. 

Originally Posted by Fade On You

laugh.gif
you dropped this...

sunbeam-professional-iron.jpg

laugh.gif
you dropped this...

sunbeam-professional-iron.jpg

This
Spoiler [+]
I don't even dislike Em (I don't care for him either)...
Its just funny that I said his album SUCKS and get pegged a racist...

But I say black other rappers #%%$ SUCKS all the time...

#kanyeshrug

There's also alot of OVER/UNDERtones to a lot that's being said...

But cats is goin be naive so its not even a convo worth having...

You guys don't want to understand us... I guess you just gotta continue living in that perfect world of yours... 

This
Spoiler [+]
I don't even dislike Em (I don't care for him either)...
Its just funny that I said his album SUCKS and get pegged a racist...

But I say black other rappers #%%$ SUCKS all the time...

#kanyeshrug

There's also alot of OVER/UNDERtones to a lot that's being said...

But cats is goin be naive so its not even a convo worth having...

You guys don't want to understand us... I guess you just gotta continue living in that perfect world of yours... 

i bet these dudes saying Recovery sucked think god jewels mixtape is better
laugh.gif
posting songs from a nobody that they ride harder than any stan in the music forum ... smh

i bet these dudes saying Recovery sucked think god jewels mixtape is better
laugh.gif
posting songs from a nobody that they ride harder than any stan in the music forum ... smh

Some ignorant people in here. 
laugh.gif

But anyway, I'm not arguing with either side, I'm just giving my 2 cents after reading all these ridiculous ##+ arguments. 
laugh.gif

When Eminem first started rapping he sold a #@#@ ton, not JUST because he was white. Yes, that definitely helped, but being white alone isn't enough to make you a big name in rap, and anybody who's not stupid should be at least able to understand it is not just because he is white. 

When he first game he also had the huge shock factor, who else ever rapped about the crazy #@#@ he did? That stuff had the kids going crazy and created soo much controversy from parents/media etc. You really think if he was just some average rapping white dude, rapping about boring white people #@#@, (IE Asher Roth 
laugh.gif
), he'd be where he is today?

He was/is a talented MC. To add-on to the white/controversial rapper, he was/is a very talented lyricist. Sure he had corny singles, but they were catchy, and he could spit.

He was produced by Dre. Getting a co-sign from Dre is also something that helped him a ton.

Now I know I'm just stating the obvious here but people on here are so black and white about this (no pun intended), that it's either 100% because he's white, or it's 100% because he's a good rapper. Both sides need to get realistic and understand that it's a combination of multiple aspects. Because all of the media attention from the controversy about his albums, Em became a household name, kids NEEDED to listen to him. I don't care if they're black kids or white kids, I knew both races that bumped him growing up. Establishing a solid fan base of this generation, that would stick with him, when they realized he wasn't just a corny/gimmicky white rapper, and he made some dope music too.

Yes Eminem being white does give him extra sales, there's no denying that. But if it wasn't for his actual musical talent, and everything else I mentioned above. Dude probably woulda sould 100-200K on his first album, then maybe put out one or two more CDs and would not have been 1/10th the caliber in the game he is today. 

/rant

Some ignorant people in here. 
laugh.gif

But anyway, I'm not arguing with either side, I'm just giving my 2 cents after reading all these ridiculous ##+ arguments. 
laugh.gif

When Eminem first started rapping he sold a #@#@ ton, not JUST because he was white. Yes, that definitely helped, but being white alone isn't enough to make you a big name in rap, and anybody who's not stupid should be at least able to understand it is not just because he is white. 

When he first game he also had the huge shock factor, who else ever rapped about the crazy #@#@ he did? That stuff had the kids going crazy and created soo much controversy from parents/media etc. You really think if he was just some average rapping white dude, rapping about boring white people #@#@, (IE Asher Roth 
laugh.gif
), he'd be where he is today?

He was/is a talented MC. To add-on to the white/controversial rapper, he was/is a very talented lyricist. Sure he had corny singles, but they were catchy, and he could spit.

He was produced by Dre. Getting a co-sign from Dre is also something that helped him a ton.

Now I know I'm just stating the obvious here but people on here are so black and white about this (no pun intended), that it's either 100% because he's white, or it's 100% because he's a good rapper. Both sides need to get realistic and understand that it's a combination of multiple aspects. Because all of the media attention from the controversy about his albums, Em became a household name, kids NEEDED to listen to him. I don't care if they're black kids or white kids, I knew both races that bumped him growing up. Establishing a solid fan base of this generation, that would stick with him, when they realized he wasn't just a corny/gimmicky white rapper, and he made some dope music too.

Yes Eminem being white does give him extra sales, there's no denying that. But if it wasn't for his actual musical talent, and everything else I mentioned above. Dude probably woulda sould 100-200K on his first album, then maybe put out one or two more CDs and would not have been 1/10th the caliber in the game he is today. 

/rant

I always find it funny when race comes up on NT..

dudes like to throw it out of the window as if it has no merit

it's clear as day that em's race has been a factor in his success, same with drake

in this music industry where everything is controlled as hell, you can't say these dudes are progressing solely on the basis of their talents

jay said in Rolling Stone that he's only told about 10 stories over the course of his career, admitting that he's constantly repackaging them

yet he's in the vanguard of rap

this !+#+ is all corporate..if it wasn't, a guy like nas would be going diamond every time out

I always find it funny when race comes up on NT..

dudes like to throw it out of the window as if it has no merit

it's clear as day that em's race has been a factor in his success, same with drake

in this music industry where everything is controlled as hell, you can't say these dudes are progressing solely on the basis of their talents

jay said in Rolling Stone that he's only told about 10 stories over the course of his career, admitting that he's constantly repackaging them

yet he's in the vanguard of rap

this !+#+ is all corporate..if it wasn't, a guy like nas would be going diamond every time out

Originally Posted by The Kid Nimley

Who said his sales don't count??

It just seems that some of us are honest enuff to admit WHY his #s look the way they do, and why they have throughoutn his career... And for some reason you guys aren't willing to admit that he's benefitting from the color of his skin...

Originally Posted by The Kid Nimley

Who said his sales don't count??

It just seems that some of us are honest enuff to admit WHY his #s look the way they do, and why they have throughoutn his career... And for some reason you guys aren't willing to admit that he's benefitting from the color of his skin...

who cares about the color of any artist's skin, listen to the damn music for a change

who cares about the color of any artist's skin, listen to the damn music for a change

Because we live in a world where RACE matters...

And OBVIOUSLY we all live under different circumstances because some of you don't seem to grasp the notion...

As I said MANY times, the best songs on the album is when he's speakin about his music SUCKING for tha past few years, but when I say the exact same *!!$ Em does, I'm a racist...
smh.gif

Because we live in a world where RACE matters...

And OBVIOUSLY we all live under different circumstances because some of you don't seem to grasp the notion...

As I said MANY times, the best songs on the album is when he's speakin about his music SUCKING for tha past few years, but when I say the exact same *!!$ Em does, I'm a racist...
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom