Cd Sales 9-6-11 Vol. Lil Wayne 1 MILLION SOLD!

roll.gif
I can't believe it... dude is still a bum and everything wrong with rap.

Oh well.

A millie?
eek.gif

Welp... %$#@ Ye & Hova bout to cop a LV coin purse and some cheetah prints
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

The number is actually 964,000.

Big numbers regardless.

Where you hear this? Everywhere I saw said it was a million plus 

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

LBJ23navo wrote:
too bad the albums trash 

Hard to admit it but it's true

At least C3 was cohesive and a good effort.
I COMPLETELY disagree, I thought C3 sounded lost and all over the place. Still think it's one of the worst albums I've ever heard

I think a lot of you guys are failing to realize the "CARTER" series hold a lot of weight. This is the follow up to HIS BIGGEST SELLING ALBUM. Even though he release 2 albums since Carter 3, it wasn't the NEXT CARTER ALBUM! So it's been 3 years in the making. Another thing he did was genius is he did a NATIONAL AREA TOUR before the album came out. It reminded me of what Nsync did before their "No Strings Attached" cd came out and broke records.

Clearl the #'s are rigged but in Hip hop current state is buying albums really that bad of an idea...

Perfect example: I know dude was joking when he said Jay should see to it that Cole do a mil first week
laugh.gif
. But lets say Jay really helps and propels him to sales of 250-300 first week (im expecting him to really do 100k). Think of how Genius a career move that would be to set up cole. People know that he's nice and he has a VERY loyal fanbase but the semi Hiphop crowd doesnt really care for him much because he doesnt have a huge Buzz.

What i have noticed over the past few years is hiphop's fascination with the #'s..... If Cole was to do 300k first week, that is more of a head jerker and attention grabber than any single of his will get. It creates the image that he really is that "hot artist" out and people will flock to it. I see this being especially valuable with an artist like Cole because i have high faith that his debut will be great and adjusting his #'s would be ideal to making him a star in the long run

-Official Sales Numbers for Lil Wayne's Tha Carter IV Revealed-

The official numbers are in and Lil Wayne's Tha Carter IV has sold 964,000 copies in its first week. It reached the #1 spot on the Billboard 200 chart easily and it marks Wayne's third number one after Tha Carter III and I Am Not a Human Being.

This is the biggest sales week for a hip-hop album since Wayne's Tha Carter III. It's also 2011's second biggest opening behind Lady Gaga's Born This Way.

Tha Carter IV sold 362,000 digital copies in its first week, again the second biggest behind Gaga.

So it's really 964, still impressive. I'm beyond surprised, thought everyone smartened up and realized a blank CD sounds better than this %%%@

^^^Yea I thought the same. And yes, a blank cd on a loop honestly does sound better.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by Sequan

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

LOL You guys are generally mad. Why? 

"ARGHHHHHHH! A MILLION?!?! BIRDMAN HOPPED INTO HIS BUGATTI AND COPPED 600k COPIES TO HELP WAYNE!!!1! I DON'T HAVE ANY PROOF SO DON'T ASK ME!!1! ITS A FACT!"

Wayne's fans exceed past whoever is on your Facebook time line. So for people to say nobody was talking about this album because it wasn't brought up at the lunch table discussion is pointless.
QFT 
Dudes are genuinely angry, coming up with scenarios on why sold a mill
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

"WHY THIS? WHY THAT?  WHY YOU ON DAT' WHY SHICK'? NT'ER ASK ME WHY, I'M LIKE YM!

birdmanlilwayne9.jpg

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by Sequan

QFT 
Dudes are genuinely angry, coming up with scenarios on why sold a mill
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

"WHY THIS? WHY THAT?  WHY YOU ON DAT' WHY SHICK'? NT'ER ASK ME WHY, I'M LIKE YM!

birdmanlilwayne9.jpg

YM.CMB

laugh.gif
repost for the haters.......props to wayne...

laugh.gif
at people acting like this is not a big deal. Those are HUGE numbers. Congrats to Wayne. Honestly, wasn't expecting anything that close. Felt like there was little hype but I guess I underestimated his fan. Not to mention those young kids LOVEEE Wayne.

Still not insanely impressed with the album though. All these metaphors are still overwhelming and boring.

Crazy numbers, Mediocre CD. Simple explanation for those who can't fathom those numbers as legitimate sells, here are some of the big reasons that it sold well:

-Those who thought Wayne would go back to his old ways.
-Some loyal fans.
-"Bloods" buying that hype, young teens/men and fake presumably.
-Kids/Teens who thought think Wayne's a legit-elite-rapper because of older heads praising Carter 1/2.......3 and his mixtapes (my younger cousin).
-Young Money Hype overall is at a all-time high because of Drake and Nicki buzz, he didn't have that with the Carter 3.
-"How to Love".
-Still featuring on everyone's video.
-Those being told that Nas, Busta, etc. is on his album.
-He's skater/rocker style is capturing a different crowd along with his last CD that helped him cement that image.
-Established Rap Icon.
-Singles.
-I hate to admit it, but while his lyricism is declining, his versatility is widening. Whether it's him selling out or trying to express himself in a different light, it definitely has other people appealing to his music. I appreciate that song he has called "Mirror", it's something that you could never imagine him doing a few years back.

This _ is getting too big..I'm expecting them to say he touched a lil boy any day now lol

laugh.gif
 @ all the Na in this thread, smh...it's called hella buzz and numerous tours! Not rocket science. Simple Math. All those sold out tours...you really think most if not all the folks in attendance at these shows all across the country and Canada are not going to buy the Album once it drops...although they droppin $75 to $150 plus on tickets for his shows? 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

point blank the album is very good, easily better than tha carter 3 his biggest seller. I can play the whole thing through except one track. And as far as ppl saying this is because of touring get real because Jay and Kanye tour very heavy and they didnt come out like this, you combined two sides of rap and they couldnt do those numbers

The more I think about it, the more I don't believe it. Which makes me hate Young Money more.

I work at best buy. Last year when Recovery was selling like crazy our store sold out multiple times, we ALWAYS had people asking for help finding it. Yet with Carter IV our shelves were ALWAYS full. I bet it's like this at most other best buys. So who the hell is buying all these copies? The album is getting a ton of hate as well all over. So who are these people who are buying the albums? It just doesn't logically make any sense at all. But whatever. If he really did sell that much props to him, but I bet Baby had something to do with it.

Congrats to Wayne, CD easily better than C3. He's figured it out, you get that crossover success you'll always do numbers. I bought it day one and I swear it was 3 older white ladies ahead of me and they were all buying it
grin.gif
, so regardless to the hate, dude is doing something right. 

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

The more I think about it, the more I don't believe it. Which makes me hate Young Money more.

I work at best buy. Last year when Recovery was selling like crazy our store sold out multiple times, we ALWAYS had people asking for help finding it. Yet with Carter IV our shelves were ALWAYS full. I bet it's like this at most other best buys. So who the hell is buying all these copies? The album is getting a ton of hate as well all over. So who are these people who are buying the albums? It just doesn't logically make any sense at all. But whatever. If he really did sell that much props to him, but I bet Baby had something to do with it.

Baby claims he has more money than what a Forbes list says, NT laughs.
Wayne goes plat first week, NT mad says Baby is the reason, buying up albums

Anything after Carter 2/Drought 3 is meh to me.

But I can't knock him for moving that many units. Props to him on that.

Back
Top Bottom