Cd Sales 9-6-11 Vol. Lil Wayne 1 MILLION SOLD!

Im shocked it sold that much.... but it did what it did. 
None of us truly know if Birdman bought some copies, but if he did, he did, if not 
eek.gif

She Will did debut at 2 or 3 on Hot 100.. How To Love is WACK but popping everywhere, and John is decent cause of Ross so this is possible...

Imagine if CM was still independent and Wayne was doing this.. 

Birdman is a genius at what he does..

Originally Posted by Slaptastic

So what is Baby gonna do now with those million albums he bought?
Obviously you're exaggerating and I'm not going to get into the guessing #'s game............but you'd have to be a FOOL to NOT believe someone affiliated with Wayne didn't give it that "final push" over the millie mark. Projected sales were in the 700-850k range then got bumped to 900k's. And now the "official" tally is just a squeak over a million.................all I'm saying is someone over there was making sure it wasn't going to fall short from the revered platinum mark after being so close.............

For the most part, the CD's aren't actually bought. There's ways to do it without paying for copies in bulk.

Lady #%@@#!! Gaga sold 1.1 million in a week with her album being priced at 99 cents for the first couple days. The biggest artist in the world right now. And I'm supposed to believe Wayne's is legitimate?
laugh.gif
It's all for marketing, folks...........

All that being said..........kudos to him and his team. Although he has regressed and the album was disappointing, there's a huge portion of that final tally that's legitimate and only cements his far reach to a variety of music consumers.
Originally Posted by jupiterjaywall

Birdman is a genius at what he does..
If you say so.
laugh.gif

LOL You guys are generally mad. Why?

"ARGHHHHHHH! A MILLION?!?! BIRDMAN HOPPED INTO HIS BUGATTI AND COPPED 600k COPIES TO HELP WAYNE!!!1! I DON'T HAVE ANY PROOF SO DON'T ASK ME!!1! ITS A FACT!"

Wayne's fans exceed past whoever is on your Facebook time line. So for people to say nobody was talking about this album because it wasn't brought up at the lunch table discussion is pointless.

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

"ARGHHHHHHH! A MILLION?!?! BIRDMAN HOPPED INTO HIS BUGATTI AND COPPED 600k COPIES TO HELP WAYNE!!!1! I DON'T HAVE ANY PROOF SO DON'T ASK ME!!1! ITS A FACT!"

Wayne's fans exceed past whoever is on your Facebook time line. So for people to say nobody was talking about this album because it wasn't brought up at the lunch table discussion is pointless.
QFT 
Dudes are genuinely angry, coming up with scenarios on why sold a mill
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Sequan

QFT 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

people arent mad they just have common sense.

You'd have to be fool to think those #'s are legitamate. Im not hatin but cmon man lets be real.

If Baby bought some of them he bought some of them but there is no way to prove it.

Wayne's fanbase has crossed over into Eminem territory with the white demographic...so why does the notion have to be applied that someone bought waynes albums, when we dont say that about Eminem?

Eminem albums dont have "buzz" with the urban community and look at the numbers he does. So holding on the the C4 had no buzz angle doesn't really hold much weight, if u ask me.

Furthermore if WTT would have been traditionally promoted and released and did like 650-750k, I dont think alot of ppl would be flabbergasted at the 964K units Wayne moved.

Its Wayne doubling WTT in first weeks sales that has alot of folks in disbelief...thats the bottom line.

album still is a disappointment tho

Let's be real what? Taylor Swift can move a million copies in one week and nobody questions that. Susan Boyle was moving units CRAZY. I mean, CRAAAZY amount of units and nobody here was questioning that or accusing the label of purchasing most of them.

Jesus zombie Christ, Recovery is still moving units and that's been out for almost a year now. But nobody is saying cats from D-12 are helping Em reach diamond status. Y'all just love to hate on anything Wayne does. Admit it.

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

QFT 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

people arent mad they just have common sense.

You'd have to be fool to think those #'s are legitamate. Im not hatin but cmon man lets be real
But why do you just chose wayne, as an artist who buys their own album, but not  jay,em,ye,etc..
eyes.gif

Let's be real what? Taylor Swift can move a million copies in one week and nobody questions that. Susan Boyle was moving units CRAZY. I mean, CRAAAZY amount of units and nobody here was questioning that or accusing the label of purchasing most of them.

Jesus zombie Christ, Recovery is still moving units and that's been out for almost a year now. But nobody is saying cats from D-12 are helping Em reach diamond status. Y'all just love to hate on anything Wayne does. Admit it.

When Carter 3 dropped there was so much hype around nobody was surprised it sold a million.

The numbers dont even look right. 300,000 on itunes and 700,000 + in retail? Not to mention that Carter 4 was originally only supposed to be a digital release but last minute it was sent out to retail. It just seems off. More power to Wayne tho

QFT 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

But why do you just chose wayne, as an artist who buys their own album, but not  jay,em,ye,etc..
eyes.gif

Cause theirs weren't predicted at a certain point, then far exceeded it. I predicted it would do 800K, and would not at all have been surprised if it did that. Carter 3 had monumental
buzz, and when it did a mil, there was no debating or making any "scenarios" at all. Carter 4 had far far less buzz thanCarter 3, so I can definitely se how people can question the
legitimacy of the sales.

I don't get this sh!@ at all and I'm not even hatin Ima Wayne but his album is garbage and I don't even hear people talkin about that much. It must be rich kids in the burbs. Props to him though.

welp i was wrong. men lie, women lie, numbers dont.
Spoiler [+]
album still trash though.

I will say tho Wayne's last studio album I Am Not A Human did 925K in TOTAL sales so him doing more than that in his first week sounds very sketchy but really I won't take anything away from him. Mediocre album but can't be mad at his sales.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

I will say tho Wayne's last studio album I Am Not A Human did 925K in TOTAL sales so him doing more than that in his first week sounds very sketchy but really I won't take anything away from him. Mediocre album but can't be mad at his sales.

I Am Not a Human had no promo and was just out to sustain his name while he was in jail. 

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

how is Adele's 19 selling more than Jill Scott's new release
30t6p3b.gif

A great VMA performance will do that for you,
pimp.gif

Hell, who even knew Jill had a album coming out. I had no idea.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

roll.gif
roll.gif
i cant believe he really did a mil 

this

Back
Top Bottom