Cd Sales 9-6-11 Vol. Lil Wayne 1 MILLION SOLD!

I guess Wayne really is a superstar. It's dope whenever hip hop sells big so I'm happy for him. I'm not sure about Birdman or anyone else in the Biz buying up these albums, it just seems like a huge waste of money
ohwell.gif

And to add to the misconception of buying albums, its not that labels physically buy them. They give mom and pops record stores "favors" and etc to double/triple scan album barcodes even tho they aren't sold. You get a shipment of 200 cd's and scan 4/5 times thats reported into Nielsen as 800-1000 albums sold without having to physically sell copies to inflate first week sales and the seller doesn't lose out because the can then sell those same albums the next week without being stuck with inventory.
Next week the "buying albums" chant will increase even more because based on industry trends Wayne's album sales will decrease by a good 75-80% which is normal but people will see it as a large deviation adding to suspicion. Especially with his album getting bad reviews I full expect his sales to drop off significantly 2nd week

wayne's previous album sold a million copies in a week. wayne's current album sold a million in a week. wayne's protege's drake and nikki are platinum sellers. i am not a human went gold without any promotion or videos. baby can't be buying all these albums
laugh.gif
, his fans are a cult and they're buying multiple copes to get him these numbers. wayne runs the game, get over it.

^^^964K is a lot more realistic even w/ it not having C3 buzz. So I can give props to the sales. Just can't give props to an album that at most has 3-4 good songs,
with Lil' Wayne only being on 1-2 of those.

sick.gif

1,000,000 first week AGAIN. Dude got music by the balls.

[h5][/h5]
[h5]September 7th, 2011[/h5][h2]All Hail Wayne.[/h2] Written by: Hyun Kim

Winter Is Coming.

No way. Those numbers can’t be right. It leaked. It sucks. Baby must’ve bought all of them. Sacrebleu!

One million. OK fine, 964,000. Tha Carter IV did what no rap album should dare to do, topple Jay-Z and Kanye West’s Watch the Throne. Toppled is actually too soft of a word to describe its accomplishment. It beheaded the two-headed monster that seemed defiantly secure in its place atop rap’s royalty. The fact that both albums made history in the same month should mean hip hop hooray, right? WTT managed to not leak in today’s highly porous times and it broke iTunes first week sales records with 290,000 downloads. The album came out only a month ago. Total first week ended at 436,000.

Then only two weeks later, rap’s original Goblin (sorry Tyler) ate’em up by breaking their record in only four days, going onto sell 340,000 on iTunes. In total, C4 has the biggest first week sales of this year since Lady Gaga’s Born This Way. Who knows how many of her 1.1 million sales came from Amazon’s $.99 download offer? Demand was so high that it shut down their servers. So really, Wayne can rightfully and unofficially claim the biggest first week sales of the year.

WEZ3.jpg

But how could this be? Wayne did not host an elaborate listening session at a historic planetarium featuring society’s elite, feeding mini-lobster rolls to hoteliers and long-legged European models. (Pardon us if we got our facts twisted, we were not in attendance.) Wayne did not bestow his engineers with Rolexes to keep the album from leaking. Wayne did not put together a pop-up store in a trendy neighborhood. Wayne did not receive digital slob jobs from members of the media via their Twitter accounts just for being in the same room. “6 Foot, 7 Foot

Originally Posted by imthekang

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

"WHY THIS? WHY THAT?  WHY YOU ON DAT' WHY SHICK'? NT'ER ASK ME WHY, I'M LIKE YM!

birdmanlilwayne9.jpg

YM.CMB

laugh.gif
repost for the haters.......props to wayne...
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
Only been saying it for months.. Wayne & Drizzy are killing em .. wait til the collabo album drops 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
, smh @ the hate
tired.gif

Can't wait to see what happens with Drakes Take Care
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Props to Weezy
Cosign.............
pimp.gif

And Contrary to what people think about his live performances, you would be surprised at a show Wayne can do when you actually PAY for it...........

Originally Posted by u ttocs

wayne's previous album sold a million copies in a week. wayne's current album sold a million in a week. wayne's protege's drake and nikki are platinum sellers. i am not a human went gold without any promotion or videos. baby can't be buying all these albums
laugh.gif
, his fans are a cult and they're buying multiple copes to get him these numbers. wayne runs the game, get over it.

Thread/.

I bet there is not one single person in the music business that believes Wayne legitimately sold 1 mill this past week. Usually when someone sells that much in a week, people are surprised/shocked, but I get the feeling that the overall attitude on this is one doubt. Why would Birdman have to defend against buying Wayne albums? If Watch the Throne sold a mil, people wouldn't doubt it. If Em sold a mil, people wouldn't doubt it. If Taylor Swift sold a mil, people wouldn't doubt it. The fact that there is so much doubt regarding Wayne's sales makes me believe that there is something going on...

Originally Posted by FullMetal

I bet there is not one single person in the music business that believes Wayne legitimately sold 1 mill this past week. Usually when someone sells that much in a week, people are surprised/shocked, but I get the feeling that the overall attitude on this is one doubt. Why would Birdman have to defend against buying Wayne albums? If Watch the Throne sold a mil, people wouldn't doubt it. If Em sold a mil, people wouldn't doubt it. If Taylor Swift sold a mil, people wouldn't doubt it. The fact that there is so much doubt regarding Wayne's sales makes me believe that there is something going on...
No. It's cause people don't like Wayne. So they hear a bad album and say no way it can sell a mill. And it does and they don't want to look stupid.

I don't even like this album but you haters are so funny
laugh.gif
At least be consistent in your argument "WTT sold 500K w/o a real single
eek.gif
pimp.gif
minus all the other promotion they had" and "Carter IV sold a mil? Sales don't mean nothing. Baby Bought them. Illuminati" "Grammys are wack, they don't reward true talent" "Arcade Fire wins. Yeah the Grammys are for true artists not like the VMAs"

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

-I hate to admit it, but while his lyricism is declining, his versatility is widening. Whether it's him selling out or trying to express himself in a different light, it definitely has other people appealing to his music. I appreciate that song he has called "Mirror", it's something that you could never imagine him doing a few years back.

When I read this I thought of Kanye. 

Originally Posted by franchise3

All the haters and doubters should read that article above.

No "hate" and doubt from my end from day one. That's one of the most slanted articles I've read however.

Back
Top Bottom