Cd Sales 9-6-11 Vol. Lil Wayne 1 MILLION SOLD!

YMCMB
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Weezy nd drizzy best team in the hip hop game.. my opinion matters to me & apparently plenty other people feel the same
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Lil Wayne will outsell. Kanye West (MDTBF), Kanye West and Jay-Z (WTT) and even.......lord knows how...EMINEM! First week sales. Just when you thought his run was over.
Y'all need to stop fronting. YMCMB is KILLING THE GAME! Drake, Nicki and Lil Wayne. They all MOVE UNITS!!!!!!

Lil Wayne's just-released "Tha Carter IV" album could have the second-biggest sales week of the year, as industry forecasters suggest it may sell 700,000-850,000 copies by the end of the tracking week on Sunday, Sept. 4.

"IV" will easily bow at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 next week -- marking Wayne's third No. 1.

If "Tha Carter IV" launches with at least 700,000, it will immediately mark the second-largest frame of any album this year, behind Lady Gaga's 1.11 million debut with "Born This Way."

UPDATE : 
Yesterday (Aug. 29), initial first-week sales projections for Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter IV" were hovering in the 700,000-850,000 range, but now, after a full day's worth of sales under its belt, that number has grown. Industry sources now suggest the album may shift over 850,000-900,000 by week's end on Sept. 4.
laugh.gif
 @ people sayin dude has fell off when he clearly is catering to folks that actually buy his albums plus...he has not fallen off 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Actually... yea
laugh.gif
I want to know where Jeezy is, or are they not showing negatives?
So Phish fans are smarter than Nas fans?
laugh.gif
and
30t6p3b.gif
at any of you dweebs who believe that chart

Chilllll. Sufjan's one of my favorite artists, dont take this from me
laugh.gif

But yeah, the chart's kind of
grin.gif

I think Weezey just doesn't have a whole lot of incentive to make quality stuff now. He aint hungry any more and his fans dont demand a lot from him.

Originally Posted by doyung9

This argument/debate is ridiculous. Album sales don't matter once you get to that level. If you really don't think Universal isn't out there buying up most of these albums, you're hallucinating. People act as if he only sold 200k first week that it would affect his next album releasing. Get real. Lil Wayne ain't Curren$y. He ain't Wiz Khalifa. And I'm personally not a fan, but album sales are nothing more than a baseless bragging point for his label and himself at this point.

Because let's face it, you wanna do a #'s argument?

14 > 4

13 > 4

36 > 10

42 > 10

Kanye's grammy wins - 14
Jay's grammy wins - 13
Kanye's grammy nods - 36
Jay's grammy nods - 42

Both guys have more wins than he does nods (10). Oh, and 1 of his wins was for Swagga Like Us... Both Jay and Kanye were on that song.

If you like the music, that's fine. If you don't, that's great, too. But let's face it. When it comes to #'s, it's about $ or it's about Championships. And he's not seeing either 'Ye or Jay in either.

eek.gif
 was unaware that Ye had one more than Jay 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by 10027

Yes.  White teenagers STILL love Biggie.  People say the weirdest things in these threads about what race listens to what...  If a rapper is popular white people listen to him heavily—that goes for Jay-Z, Kanye, 50 Cent, Dipset, Biggie, 2Pac, Gucci Mane, Nas, everybody....  Lil' Wayne is no more popular with white people or teenagers than Kanye West is.  That's a ridiculous statement.
I appreciate what gllahone says about content transcending though.  The albums that live forever do a lot more to boost a rapper's status than one album that manages to hop on the trends at the right time.  Certainly Nelly is a good example—it seemed like people practically forgot he existed during his hiatus, but someone like Biggie is still going strong off those two albums.

Exactly.
but if you tell 'em Nas or Jay > Lil Wayne or Eminem, they'll scream blasphemy
and when ye violated taylor swift he lost a generous amount of the white caucus 
By the kind of weird race-generalization based logic people like you use, you could claim Kanye has changed his music to appeal to white people since he has become Mr. Hipster now.  Where he once rapped about living in Chicago, he's now all about name-dropping fashion designers and hipster cultural touchstones.  
Of course unlike you I understand that black people like those things as well as white people and guess what?  What people, even ones in the suburbs you might be thinking of, like to hear stories from people like Nas about urban life.  Alot of white teenagers think it's cool to like a black guy from Chicago as opposed to an MTV-country girl like Taylor Swift...  It's a silly argument.  You really think white people like Lil' Wayne more than black people do?  

Act like all black teenagers are running around listening to Nas all day instead of Wayne....  Yeah right.

Eminem is a different story though.  And damn is that guy bad now too.

More bafoonery bringing up Jay's and Ye's Grammy's.

Not many, if any, are saying because Wayne sells so much first week, he's the better rapper.

But what YOU are doing by posting the Grammy count, exposes your insecurity.

Dudes who post rationalizations are the ones feeling threatened by Wayne's big number first week.

A rapper once said, the numbers don't lie. Any way you wanna slice it, Wayne is top 3 biggest names in rap, going off the numbers.

Let that ether burn slow.

At the end of the day, a week, two weeks from now, this will be an afterthought to everybody, and we'll go bump whatever we were bumping. I dunno why guys are getting so riled up, and treating this as a defense trial, and having to show exhibit A, B, and C, on why Wayne's first week number is what it is.

It's not that serious, ya'll

laugh.gif

Furthermore, when Ye gets robbed of a Grammy win, or an artist doesn't get a nod when nominations are announced, or some band that the majority of NT doesn't listen to wins album of the year, people cry and moan how the Grammy's are a joke, and who votes for these things.

But come into a Wayne thread, and it's the ONLY place you'll see where somebody will use a Grammy number count in AN ALBUMS SALES THREAD.

And even then, by those numbers, Ye has one more grammy than the great Jay-Z.

What are you really trying to say with these numbers?

Originally Posted by RetroSan

This argument/debate is ridiculous. Album sales don't matter once you get to that level. If you really don't think Universal isn't out there buying up most of these albums, you're hallucinating. People act as if he only sold 200k first week that it would affect his next album releasing. Get real. Lil Wayne ain't Curren$y. He ain't Wiz Khalifa. And I'm personally not a fan, but album sales are nothing more than a baseless bragging point for his label and himself at this point.

Because let's face it, you wanna do a #'s argument?

14 > 4

13 > 4

36 > 10

42 > 10

Kanye's grammy wins - 14
Jay's grammy wins - 13
Kanye's grammy nods - 36
Jay's grammy nods - 42

Both guys have more wins than he does nods (10). Oh, and 1 of his wins was for Swagga Like Us... Both Jay and Kanye were on that song.

If you like the music, that's fine. If you don't, that's great, too. But let's face it. When it comes to #'s, it's about $ or it's about Championships. And he's not seeing either 'Ye or Jay in either.

eek.gif
 was unaware that Ye had one more than Jay 
pimp.gif

Personally I like Ye slightly more then Wayne

But come on dude lets be real the grammys ARE A JOKE these days
grin.gif

Plies was nominated for a grammy

Flo Rida album was nominated for a grammy
roll.gif
(dont get me wrong he has the pop scene but he was in the hip hop category)

Tyga was nominated for a grammy does that make him better then KRIT cause he hasnt been nominated? NO!

Record sales & awards are misleading

I would base it on features, there body of work, and there image & impact to music in general

and to be honest all 3 of them are far a head of the pack in them categories

Record sales and grammys are so misleading its not even funny. Its like championships.

Is mark madsen better than Karl Malone cuz maddog has two rings?...Exactly.

Lil wayne is a much better rapper than Kanye West is by the way.

I just find it funny that everyone has said Tune has fallen off and he's outselling every other hip-hop act with the exception of Em. I mean if he really is falling off, what a way to fall...

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Record sales and grammys are so misleading its not even funny. Its like championships.

Is mark madsen better than Karl Malone cuz maddog has two rings?...Exactly.

Lil wayne is a much better rapper than Kanye West is by the way.

I just find it funny that everyone has said Tune has fallen off and he's outselling every other hip-hop act with the exception of Em. I mean if he really is falling off, what a way to fall...
WHO CARES!?

Be real. As a fan of music thats what really matters to yal? Seriously?

Originally Posted by franchise3

Furthermore, when Ye gets robbed of a Grammy win, or an artist doesn't get a nod when nominations are announced, or some band that the majority of NT doesn't listen to wins album of the year, people cry and moan how the Grammy's are a joke, and who votes for these things.

But come into a Wayne thread, and it's the ONLY place you'll see where somebody will use a Grammy number count in AN ALBUMS SALES THREAD.

And even then, by those numbers, Ye has one more grammy than the great Jay-Z.

What are you really trying to say with these numbers?

You're the only dude speaking truth in this thread
laugh.gif
NT stays elitist when it comes to music. We act like we know more or like "better" music than anybody else, even though in the grand scheme of music listeners we're the damn minority opinion.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Dudes who post rationalizations are the ones feeling threatened by Wayne's big number first week.

Let that ether burn slow.

I dunno why guys are getting so riled up, and treating this as a defense trial, and having to show exhibit A, B, and C, on why Wayne's first week number is what it is.

It's not that serious, ya'll

laugh.gif
its not that serious...but dont generalize erybody thats posting rationalizations as ppl feeling threatened by Wayne numbers
i would think its several groups of ppl that are all aggy right now: The Throne stans, Wayne Haters, Mainstream Hip-Hop haters, Wayne defenders

all four groups have said some off the wall isssh in this thread...and close to all four have been checked at least once accordingly with fact and rationalization 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by yungmatt

album sales are nothing more than a baseless bragging point for his label and himself at this point.

But that's the argument Jay stans have been clutching to for years. Wayne can't use album sales now?

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

This just goes to show America is full of idiots. I would feel comfortable using this as proof in a research paper...
roll.gif
So choice of music is correlated to intelligence? And you'd be willing to write a paper on this? Oh the irony
Actually... yea
laugh.gif

SOURCE
That fact the you believe in this chart says a lot about you.

Brazy numbers. Did not expect that. 

I didnt even know there was an album coming out til a couple weeks. U could say im living under a rock but i dont check for wayne anymore and havent for a LONG time. 

But m glad i havent.. from at i seen at his performance at the VMAs & that Its Good song.. %%!# sounds basura.

I dont care for numbers tho. Its watever.. People can buy watevers they want.; as long as its not on my ipod or bumping it in my care.. people can listen to watever they wanna. 

BTW that white people statement is true. Anything thats hot/popular, theyll bump & ride with it... simple. 

Well when you shell out Retail copies for "promotional purposes" or you write them off as "charity" or "contest" you can buy 500k+ copies of your own album and it counts towards the sales, then turn around and write it off on Taxes. Why more artists dont do this I dont know.

Wayne is a great artist.

Wack People dont sell 900K in their first week

Album was subpar, but I mean hes kinda saturated his brand, what do you expect?

People who dont like Wayne still know ONE Wayne song by heart...........

Man aint even hit 30 yet, been rapping since 9.......He was gonna get here eventually, let it rock, the kid wont be fly forever.............

^ Could, but then the iTunes sales pretty much proves that the Carter IV is a monster out the gate, whether one wants to believe that Baby is buying albums or not

Back
Top Bottom