Cd Sales 9-6-11 Vol. Lil Wayne 1 MILLION SOLD!

Originally Posted by franchise3

More bafoonery bringing up Jay's and Ye's Grammy's.

Not many, if any, are saying because Wayne sells so much first week, he's the better rapper.

But what YOU are doing by posting the Grammy count, exposes your insecurity.

Dudes who post rationalizations are the ones feeling threatened by Wayne's big number first week.

A rapper once said, the numbers don't lie. Any way you wanna slice it, Wayne is top 3 biggest names in rap, going off the numbers.

Let that ether burn slow.

At the end of the day, a week, two weeks from now, this will be an afterthought to everybody, and we'll go bump whatever we were bumping. I dunno why guys are getting so riled up, and treating this as a defense trial, and having to show exhibit A, B, and C, on why Wayne's first week number is what it is.

It's not that serious, ya'll

laugh.gif
The irony.

It's not that serious, yet you're posting a rebuttal to every single anti-Wayne thing in this thread?

Oh.

He is still a top dog statistically regardless if he's fallen off a bit or not. Close to a mil after people thought he would flop.

Who else is doing that? Nobody.

these are facts. this actually happened.

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

So choice of music is correlated to intelligence? And you'd be willing to write a paper on this? Oh the irony
Actually... yea
laugh.gif
SOURCE
That fact the you believe in this chart says a lot about you.
Never really said I agree or believe it. Its just relevant.
My fault, Kanye West and Jay-Z For Life

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by gambit215

Wayne is a great artist.

Wack People dont sell 900K in their first week

how many months have your parents allowed you to listen to hip hop?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I think dude was just trollin

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Not many, if any, are saying because Wayne sells so much first week, he's the better rapper.

Dudes who post rationalizations are the ones feeling threatened by Wayne's big number first week.

A rapper once said, the numbers don't lie. Any way you wanna slice it, Wayne is top 3 biggest names in rap, going off the numbers.

At the end of the day, a week, two weeks from now, this will be an afterthought to everybody, and we'll go bump whatever we were bumping. I dunno why guys are getting so riled up, and treating this as a defense trial, and having to show exhibit A, B, and C, on why Wayne's first week number is what it is.

laugh.gif
The irony.

It's not that serious, yet you're posting a rebuttal to every single anti-Wayne thing in this thread?

Oh.
My insecurity? I'm just throwing my opinion in there, friend.
However you're in here with your YMCMB t-shirt fighting the good fight, obviously. Carry on.

laugh.gif
The irony.

Oh.

I do it because I seriously doubt people realize that their sodium levels are at an all time high looking at the numbers. All I'm doing is pointing out other people's foolishness, as opposed to acting as if sky is falling, and we're doomed as a nation with Wayne going 900K first week.

I'm good.

I bump both WTT and C4.

*kanyeshrug*

Wayne does 900K first week? Good for him.

Originally Posted by doyung9

laugh.gif
The irony.

Oh.
My insecurity? I'm just throwing my opinion in there, friend.
However you're in here with your YMCMB t-shirt fighting the good fight, obviously. Carry on.

You're the one rooting 'for the home team' in Ye and Jay, bringing up Grammy counts.

What does Grammy counts have ANYTHING to do with how much Wayne does first week?

Like I said, not many people, if any, are equating record sales to skills.

So what are you trying to prove?

*Exits thread for good*

Reminds me of Lakers fans in the Sports forum.

"But, but, but...our team still has more championships than your team"

Yeah, ok. And?

laugh.gif

Stay mad, ya'll.

*Exits thread for good*

Reminds me of Lakers fans in the Sports forum.

"But, but, but...our team still has more championships than your team"

Yeah, ok. And?

laugh.gif

Stay mad, ya'll.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I use the Lakers/Lil' Wayne analogy to one of my best friends who would literally gobble Kobe and Wayne's meat if they told him to, and he sounds just like that.
"If the Mavs didn't sweep us, we would have won the Finals." LOLWUT?

Happy for Wayne and his sells. Those numbers aren't easy to do now a days. Doesn't change that fact that him and all of YMCMB is mad corny and talentless. Minus a few Drake tracks here and there.

Originally Posted by Slaptastic

Happy for Wayne and his sells. Those numbers aren't easy to do now a days. Doesn't change that fact that him and all of YMCMB is mad corny and talentless. Minus a few Drake tracks here and there.

That should pretty much sum up all teh arguments. I'm thrilled at the sales for the general sake of rap/hip hop, but it doesn't suddenly make the album and that label any less mediocre than it already is. 

Congrats to wayne if true..............
what really gets me mad is its like we cant have 3 successfull albums come out in a month without the media comparing sales for the albums and the rappers getting hostile with the competition.
laugh.gif
The media already comparing WTT 3rd week sales to Game's debut and saying Game album is number 1 and pissing on WTT
tired.gif

Is it possible to enjoy music and ignore the record sales
eek.gif

what happens when Ross and Drake put out albums are we going to be concerned with the quality or the sales?

Im a fan of Hip Hop minus the drama this is one of the best years in a long time for Hip Hop if Wale,Drake,Ross,Nas,Pusha T all drop decent rap albums
pimp.gif

^^^^

the media only does this to Hip-Hop and R&B albums if you noticed. It's a ploy to always divide which could lead to the demise of the genre. You don't hear of the media putting Carrie Underwood's sales up against Taylor Swifts or U2 against Aerosmith.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by Slaptastic

That should pretty much sum up all teh arguments. I'm thrilled at the sales for the general sake of rap/hip hop, but it doesn't suddenly make the album and that label any less mediocre than it already is. 
No because some people have their own brain and can think for themselves. So nothing should sum up all the arguments

[h1]Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter IV" Breaks Jay-Z & Kanye West's First Week iTunes Sales Record[/h1]
by STEVEN J. HOROWITZ

posted September 02, 2011 at 9:35AM PDT | http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...wests-first-week-itunes-sales-record#comments/static.hiphopdx.org/images/comment.png");">http://static.hiphopdx.or...ages/comment.png"); font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; background-position: 0px 4px;">166 comments

tc4-sales.jpg

In just four days out, Weezy's latest sells more than 300,000 copies in the digital store.

Just a few weeks after Jay-Z and Kanye West broke the first week sales record for iTunes with Watch the Throne, Lil Wayne accomplished the same feat with his latest album Tha Carter IV in just four days.

According to HHNM, Weezy has sold more than 300,000 copies of his latest offering since it hit the web on early Monday at midnight. In its first week, TC4 is now expected to move between 925,000 and 975,000 copies, whereas earlier estimates put the album between 850,000 and 900,000 units.

In its first week out, Watch the Throne broke Coldplay’s previous iTunes record for first week sales, moving roughly 290,000 copies.

Back
Top Bottom