Cd Sales 9-6-11 Vol. Lil Wayne 1 MILLION SOLD!

Originally Posted by franchise3

^ Could, but then the iTunes sales pretty much proves that the Carter IV is a monster out the gate, whether one wants to believe that Baby is buying albums or not

Yeah iTunes is a direct representation of a fan base purchasing music.  Something like 95% of music purchased today is through online services (iTunes, Amazon)......You cant be serious though in thinking that outside of the 350k or whatever he sold on iTunes for the week that 2x THAT amount of 300k went out and purchased the album from a store?  Not a chance. Its obvious there are some doped up numbers.

The NBA does the same thing with ticket sales.  They can "purchase and gift" tickets to charities, boys and girls clubs, etc. and it STILL counts as a sold ticket. They can even report the attendance if no ticket was ever scanned or "received" at the gate. In the end, no money is exchanged, the NBA team writes it off on taxes and is allowed to boost their ticket sales and their attendance without ever selling a ticket in the first place.

So if you think Wayne buying his own CD, what makes you think Jay&ye aren't also?

Originally Posted by bballah3

^ Could, but then the iTunes sales pretty much proves that the Carter IV is a monster out the gate, whether one wants to believe that Baby is buying albums or not

Yeah iTunes is a direct representation of a fan base purchasing music.  Something like 95% of music purchased today is through online services (iTunes, Amazon)......You cant be serious though in thinking that outside of the 350k or whatever he sold on iTunes for the week that 2x THAT amount of 300k went out and purchased the album from a store?  Not a chance. Its obvious there are some doped up numbers.

The NBA does the same thing with ticket sales.  They can "purchase and gift" tickets to charities, boys and girls clubs, etc. and it STILL counts as a sold ticket. They can even report the attendance if no ticket was ever scanned or "received" at the gate. In the end, no money is exchanged, the NBA team writes it off on taxes and is allowed to boost their ticket sales and their attendance without ever selling a ticket in the first place.
Son.

Stop it, five.

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

He is still a top dog statistically regardless if he's fallen off a bit or not. Close to a mil after people thought he would flop.

Who else is doing that? Nobody.

these are facts. this actually happened.

where are these people?
laugh.gif

wayne is a superstar... this what happens

Son is cookin and cats in here are maaaaad.
Here's the deal guys, ymcmb isn't trying to be the next Roots. And wayne isn't trying to be krs 1. Theyre not trying to appease to you hip hop "elitists", they care about $$$. For every punchline that you don't like, 10,000 11th grade girls think its hilarious. Some of his punchlines are wack to me to, but a certain demographic will be stimulated by it.

Keep on posting 5 paragraph essays explaining why he shouldn't sell, and in the meantime he will continue to sell. There's a reason he's a superstar and you are not.

I'm glad for Wayne even tho this cd is mad average. Most of yall crying about WTT v C4 aren't taking into account a lot of people don't like Kanye anymore and Jay never did crazy numbers except for HKL. BTW neither album is really that good imo

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

all said in done Wayne would not be TOP 10.
True and obviously, but this is purely about sales and popularity (at least that's what it should be based on)   

THAT JOHN LEGEND TRACK IS MY JAMMY!!!!

&

BLUNT BLOWING IS TUFFY COMBS ALSO REMIND ME OF THE DOPE LEAKS BEFORE CARTER 3 DROPPED

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

is there a difference between selling units and moving units?

Yes if a retails (Wal Mart, Best Buy, mom & pops) anticipate an artist to sale alot of cds they will order a lot. You can ship platinum and not actually sell a million records. The retail stores will hold on to the cds not purchased for almost a year. Like people actually sell around 300K and get a gold record stamp because they shipped or moved Gold.
But itunes sales you cant fake that that means people are actually buying the album. 

300,000 sold on itunes is impressive but Im not surprised. I will be surprised if he actually sales 500K+

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

Originally Posted by bballah3

Son.

Stop it, five.

Like, seriously.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Son is cookin and cats in here are maaaaad.
Here's the deal guys, ymcmb isn't trying to be the next Roots. And wayne isn't trying to be krs 1. Theyre not trying to appease to you hip hop "elitists", they care about $$$. For every punchline that you don't like, 10,000 11th grade girls think its hilarious. Some of his punchlines are wack to me to, but a certain demographic will be stimulated by it.

Keep on posting 5 paragraph essays explaining why he shouldn't sell, and in the meantime he will continue to sell. There's a reason he's a superstar and you are not.

Thread/.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

eek.gif
sick.gif
at these numbers.
this. these numbers are insane! 

i was expecting the album to sale somewhere around 400K - 450K 

congrats to him tho. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by carbon16

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Wayne must be cheesin hard knowing he de-throned Ye and Jay
indifferent.gif
What? How does record sales de-throne someone?
Weezy beat their iTunes record.  They're second now, and he's first thus de-throning them as a play on words from their album name dummy. 

Originally Posted by carbon16

Wayne must be cheesin hard knowing he de-throned Ye and Jay
indifferent.gif
What? How does record sales de-throne someone?
Weezy beat their iTunes record.  They're second now, and he's first thus de-throning them as a play on words from their album name dummy. 
laugh.gif
The fact that you just explained this to him made me LOL....

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

eek.gif
sick.gif
at these numbers.

laugh.gif
Rebirth (gawd awful) went gold & I Am Not a Human is @ 925k and it dropped with virtually no promo. We shouldn't be surprised, even though I was
laugh.gif
. This guy's fanbase is remarkable.

Back
Top Bottom