~~~~| Celebrities Rockin Heat (Fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. IV | ~~~~

I don't think you can pinpoint to where the jersey era came from. I remember seeing all regions wearing jerseys in the early 90s. NWA wore them, Outkast wore them, Mobb Deep and Bad Boy. I do agree with Outkast deserves more credit, they were on a lot of trends early.

I always thought it was dope as hell how Nelly and the Lunatics were always in STL gear. Mad Rams and Cardinals gear.

To my point as well as a few others, we're stating Outkast was a major factor in specifically M&N/throwbacks...not simply jerseys. Rappers wearing jerseys dates back to the 80's. Of course it was only sprinkled here and there and not a full on trend.

A while back I remember someone posted Ultramagnetic MC's in Negro League jerseys in here.

I was a 3rd Bass fan. Pete Nice was one of my favorite underrated MC's at the time and Richie Rich, along with Premier and DJ Scratch, was one of the illest Hip Hop DJ's at the time. If not of all time.

Pete Nice wound up becoming a baseball historian. And used to rock a lot of cool ****. Moreso hats but I remember that also putting me up on jerseys.

View media item 2057215View media item 2057216
I know Serch is rocking it but I'd guess that Pete put him on :lol:
View media item 2057213
I was always trying to rock different **** that nobody had. Not just Knicks, Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets etc. Used to have some ILL Negro/Minor League/Throwback fitteds :smokin

Last edited:
I also remember Big Boi dusting off the OG name plate belt buckle from the 80's, which had a resurgence in the late 90's/early 2K.

Outkast should get more credit for a lot of what they contributed to music, style (Andre going way out the box with it for a rapper) etc.

So much of it is still resonating today.
Andre changed my life

A while back I remember someone posted Ultramagnetic MC's in Negro League jerseys in here.

I was a 3rd Bass fan. Pete Nice was one of my favorite underrated MC's at the time and Richie Rich, along with Premier and DJ Scratch, was one of the illest Hip Hop DJ's at the time. If not of all time.

Pete Nice wound up becoming a baseball historian. And used to rock a lot of cool ****. Moreso hats but I remember that also putting me up on jerseys.

I was always trying to rock different **** that nobody had. Not just Knicks, Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets etc. Used to have some ILL Negro/Minor League/Throwback fitteds :smokin

Yup. Both of them and Richie Rich used to rock a lot of Negro League gear. I think one of them inspired me to cop an Ethiopian Clowns hat.

And you know I still got the OG cassette from 89' that, yes,....I still bump till this day. :lol: Yup I still got tape decks.
View media item 2057250

Last edited:
To my point as well as a few others, we're stating Outkast was a major factor in specifically M&N/throwbacks...not simply jerseys. Rappers wearing jerseys dates back to the 80's. Of course it was only sprinkled here and there and not a full on trend.

some mag interviewed the manager of the M&N store in philly and he said Kast and Cormega in particular were some of the first ppl to frequemt the store in the 90s

this jacket tho mega was fly

View media item 2057272

I remember seeing an interview about Cormega being one of the first to rock with M&N a few years ago.

I wonder what they plan on doing with M&N. I hate that they've been making current gear and trends with that brand. Just keep it all throwback only.

Last edited:

Yup. Both of them and Richie Rich used to rock a lot of Negro League gear. I think one of them inspired me to cop an Ethiopian Clowns hat.

And you know I still got the OG cassette from 89' that, yes,....I still bump till this day. :lol: Yup I still got tape decks.
View media item 2057250

Yeah mane the Wool Fitted joints :pimp:

View media item 2057253
1936 New York Black Yankees
1945 Homestead Grays
1936 Kansas City Monarchs

I was about to name all of those hats off the top. I remember the Newark Eagles.

And the Cuban X Giants hat was a big one because "X" hats in general were hot then (back when Spike was making them and selling them and his 40 Acres gear out the store in BK) and it happened to be one that was the legit hat for an actual team.

I had the Ethiopian Clowns. I had the Birmingham Black Barons and Baltimore Black Sox as well.

I think I looked for them after seeing Pete or Serch rock them somewhere. And I think Zev Love X rocked the Cuban X Giants one.

I loved my Colt 45's fitted with the leather (ish) headband lining inside.

Toledo Mudhens, Clinton Lumberkings were the ill minor league joints.

"Heart as hard as Chinese Arithmetic, Avant Garde, not a heretic....." :smokin

Last edited:
I was about to name all of those hats off the top. I remember the Newark Eagles.

And the Cuban X Giants hat was a big one because "X" hats in general were hot then (back when Spike was making them and selling them and his 40 Acres gear out the store in BK) and it happened to be one that was the legit hat for an actual team.

I had the Ethiopian Clowns. I had the Birmingham Black Barons and Baltimore Black Sox as well.

I think I looked for them after seeing Pete or Serch rock them somewhere. And I think Zev Love X rocked the Cuban X Giants one.

I loved my Colt 45's fitted with the leather (ish) headband lining inside.

Toledo Mudhens, Clinton Lumberkings were the ill minor league joints.

"Heart as hard as Chinese Arithmetic, Avant Garde, not a heretic....." :smokin

View media item 2057461
Made in America quality :smokin

View media item 2057465
My whole EFF Collection. Gonna grab some more this summer fo sho

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom