~~~~| Celebrities Rockin Heat (Fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. IV | ~~~~

oh wait yea thats right aquemini was like 98/99 rite?

thats the first time i seen a throwback.

When I think of the "jersey era", I think moreso of the retro throwbacks.

Jerseys in and of themselves have never and will never go out of style IMO.

I like what Fab did with that Nique. Layering under a denim shirt.

And I'm probably still gonna cop that Hank Aaron Atlanta V Neck he's rocking as well.

Yep mid 90s in general.

Acts too

also in the south in 94

View media item 2056985

Favorite jersey i liked that fabolous rocked was the 1982 canucks jersey

I cant find the pic tho.

I was gonna get it but its one of those things that you wear once and then not again for a while.
Joint looks like an alien poncho

Last edited:
Big boi was heavy with the jerseys, I don't think he gets enough recognition for it

him, and phife from da tribe that passed were under rated.

when da OG jersey era started it a silently around 1997...

it really had more to do with them being more commercially available...

unless you basically lived next to yankee stadium or MSG, it was hard AF to find authentic jerseys.

I'm extra confirming that Outkast and Dungeon Family were some of the first big name artists wearing M&N/throwbacks. And as illphillip said, it was because of the location of the store Distant Replays. High & Mighty were heavy on throwbacks very early on (prob before Outkast) but not many knew who the hell they were. This was because of their proximity to M&N flagship store in Philly.

I remember in the late 90's I was trying to get a M&N and this was before Distant Replays (or M&N) had a website...I called Distant Replays and asked if they had some sort of catalog so I could order. They mailed me like 10 laminated catalog pages with pricing. :lol: Ordered a 1981 road Nolan Ryan and think I payed by check. :lol:

Things are a lot easier nowadays.

man there were so many fake throwback jerseys in the early 2000s.

SOOOOO MANY.

i didn't see an authentic jersey or authentic mitchell and ness until college.

I also remember Big Boi dusting off the OG name plate belt buckle from the 80's, which had a resurgence in the late 90's/early 2K.

View media item 2057101
Outkast should get more credit for a lot of what they contributed to music, style (Andre going way out the box with it for a rapper) etc.

So much of it is still resonating today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom