+ + CELEBRITIES WEARING HEAT (VOLUME 03) + +

Originally Posted by illphillip

In reference to this.....

"at the end of the day if Big Boi was the only one rocking it, it would have just been something they did down south."

I disagree. I'm not even sure how you can say that, when in fact, he did start rocking it, and it did spread. I'm born and raised in NY. I caught Big Boi rocking them first and foremost. Who's to say he didn't influence Fab and Jay to rock them?

You can all dress it up however you like. I was in NY. Outkast was one of the most popular groups in MUSIC, not just Hip Hop at the time.

One of their members starts rocking throwbacks, partially because the store where you actually get them is in his city. It ain't like he was on some underground #%!$ and no one knew who he was. Outkast was on mad magazine covers. Videos playing everywhere.

I'd say they were MUCH bigger than Fab at the time and probably bigger than Jay at the time. So why y'all acting like he has NO influence? Just because you follow a different leader doesn't mean THAT dude set it off.

I peep that. As a sports fan, I cop some. I had the OG Dominique Wilkins Road Hawks throwback. Some Phillies #%!$.

If you all want to re-write history and act like Fab or Jay got that poppin', then that's all good. That just means y'all came late to the party.

I give props to the pioneer. The cat that really did it FIRST. And that dude is Big Boi.

It's all good. I see it my way. Y'all see it yours. #%!$ like this has no right answer. Fab and Jay certainly helped spread the trend. But they didn't set it off.

Fab was rockin M&N even before his first video "can't deny it" When him buddens and all were under clue and he was underground, fab wasrocking throwbacks. Another guy claiming the store for them was in atl. Really? Philly based m&n store is in atl? I think not. No doubt there was aretailer in atl who had m&n even macys 5th ave sold m&n they have retailers everywhere kind of like how union and barneys sell/sold bbc. 121 SouthBroad Street | 4th Floor | Philadelphia, PA | 19107. You can argue opinions, you can't argue facts. I won't hold it against you if you think it startedin ATL, I'm sure not many people were up on Fab when I was, but to say "the store was in atl" is straight ignorant. Yes there was a retailer inATL, but the flagship is in Philly.

Originally Posted by SortaNew2Retro

Originally Posted by 86KB8KOBE86

LMAO at the 3 of you trying to cut, look at your post counts lmao, I been here 7 years posted 275 times you dudes must be the niketalk police. If thats your thing you might as well join the force like some herbs, at least you get paid for your work. There is a world outside of the computer. You can get laid, you can smoke L's, play basketball...whatever does it for you. You choose to critique meaningless posts lmao. I won't post stoned on the train from my iphone anymore, I'll make sure everything checks out next time. "I will never follow a trend of Jim Jones' " I hope I made your day. God you cats are funny I swear, average herbert mcderberts, at least your good for a good laugh. If I have a kid who ends up being anything like yall I'm putting him up for adoption asap.
YouMad.jpg

Give it a rest. You let Jim Jones influence the way you dress.

I could care less how I dress, I wear white tee's half of the time cuz I don't wan't blunt ashes hitting my fresh $%$% and I randomly play ball allthe time and don't like messing up my fresh stuff. I get laid in white tee's and sweats attire is irrelevant to me buddy, it's your world judgingby your post count. I got some $%$% I got to do now though cuz I have a life beyond my computer so get all your comments in quick.

Fab=throwbacks <>. The man was endorsed by M&N C'mon Son... & I usually rock w/ your post Phil but although BB may have been one of thefirst, he didn't make them popular.

I can't front at all, I remember Big Boi Rockin the Braves Hank Aaron throwback in the Rosa Parks video (And that was 1998) but, when 2001 rolled around,indeed, John Jackson had everyone and their mothers envying his Jersey prowess. From 2001-2003, the whole retro Jordan and/or Nike kicks/M&N Throwback/NewEra Pinweel hat, Fab created that image. Mocha 3s in the "Young'n" video with the matching throwback and fitted, as well the "Trade itall" video with Puff and Jagged Edge, Fab KILLED it! I was in 8th/9th grade around that time and Fab had the game on smash. Every cat in my hood tried tohop on but their gear was fugazi.

wayyy too much damn talking goin on in here....who cares who started what, none of us did so it doesn't really matter, we all followedtheir lead....

15d1lah.jpg

here ya go wilt. good looks on the first celeb wearin heat in like 5 pages.

thats a dope pic btw.

Finally we're back on the right track. No one cares about who started what, because you dudes should really be ashamed of admitting that your attire ofchoice is dependent on which outfits another man's stylist lays out for him like a mother for a child.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Finally we're back on the right track. No one cares about who started what, because you dudes should really be ashamed of admitting that your attire of choice is dependent on which outfits another man's stylist lays out for him like a mother for a child.

Because you've NEVER been influenced by anyones style right?....NT'ers are THEE coolest people in the WORLD...straight Trend setters
smokin.gif

indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom