Chandler to OKC

My point is he is a terrible shot-blocker. If you're 7'2" with long arms and great athleticism, don't you think you should be blocking more shots?
laugh.gif
I love when people think being tall, or athletic, or having long arms means you should be blocking shots left and right...

very good deal for the thunder
with the way all the western teams are self destructing themselves (n.o., pheonix, houston, possibly san antonio and utah) okc should have a nice spot in theplayoffs next year

chris paul will NOT be happy about this

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

My point is he is a terrible shot-blocker. If you're 7'2" with long arms and great athleticism, don't you think you should be blocking more shots?
laugh.gif
I love when people think being tall, or athletic, or having long arms means you should be blocking shots left and right...

so what should yo be doing?????? #*!?

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

laugh.gif
so what should yo be doing?????? #*!?

You should be changing shots... Blocking shots isn't about being tall, or long, or athletic...

Blocks and steals do not equal good defense like most of the clowns on this board seem to believe...

Self-destructing? The Hornets have been playing without Tys for a lot of the season as it is. The team is only five games back of where they were at this pointlast season when the team was significantly better, and still well within the playoff picture.

I and other Hornets fans on here maintained, at the beginning of the season, that this team wasn't going anywhere in the playoffs, anyway.

Losing Tyson Chandler isn't that big of a hit right now. Locking up the money that they did in James Posey was a big hit, locking up the money that theydid in Morris Peterson was a big hit, not re-signing Janeero Pargo, Bonzi Wells and Chris Andersen was a big hit, trading Darrell Arthur was a big hit, etc.This team has been doomed long before the current season started.
whats NO's starting 5?

Paul
Mo Pete
Peja
West
??
Peterson hasn't started in months; it's been Rasual Butler at shooting guard. Hopefully, Wilcox plugs in at center.
You should be changing shots... Blocking shots isn't about being tall, or long, or athletic...

Blocks and steals do not equal good defense like most of the clowns on this board seem to believe...
Exactly.

If Tyson can maintain grabbing boards like he did in NO then this is an excellent trade for the Thunder because Durant can continue to chuck knowing that hehas a great rebounder in the post who can grab it back.

Westbrook, Collison, Chandler some good offensive rebounders.

Looks as if the Hornets this year will just play for a draft pick because if they continue to play West at center their going to be in trouble but most likelyWilcox will be there and I still don't like that. Hopefully I am wrong and Wilcox will show up.

laugh.gif
Agreed.

But I don't understand how people give mediocre centers (like Chandler) praise for doing what mediocre centers should be doing in the first place. Youhave no offensive game, the least you should be doing is getting rebounds and contesting shots. If he didn't even do that, he'd be Eddy Curry.

^because 90% of the big men in the league suck. so when you do average things, you will get praised for it.

laugh.gif
to be honest, if you're 7'2 and you have no offensive game then you better be damn good at defense. while that doesn't necessarilymean blocking every shot, it should mean that you should be getting some blocks.

you guys make it seem like he is horrible. and does chandler not get blocks? dude grabs boards, finishes on alleys, etc. true, his numbers are a bit inflateddue to cp, but keep in mind dude is injured.
and the thunders got them a great gm...alot of people are overlooking them. if it would be any team that would beat down the lakers, it would be them.

BangDak wrote:
you guys make it seem like he is horrible. and does chandler not get blocks? dude grabs boards, finishes on alleys, etc. true, his numbers are a bit inflated due to cp, but keep in mind dude is injured.
and the thunders got them a great gm...alot of people are overlooking them. if it would be any team that would beat down the lakers, it would be them.

Do you think before you type
laugh.gif

that's absurd if you are talking about the Hornets or the Thunder

Hornet is gonna rot for the next 2-3 seasons.
sick.gif
Their bench and front line are trash with the exception of West and Peja. Paul should get out of there. Dudedeserve better

Originally Posted by Tarvald Drama Chase

dumbest move for his career... hes gonna get exposed now for what he is... avg at best.... chris paul is no longer there to throw him lobs or set him up perfectly...... guranteed he sucks it up.... smh...back to his old self
laugh.gif
This ain't a movie gig...it's a basketballcontract being traded.

But Presti is doing a good job rebuilding this team. I feel bad for Seattle still.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

how come nobody ever wants Wilcox? Is he trouble in the locker room or somethin? Id love to have his rebounding and physical play on the Lakers.

agree!

I think everyone is looking at this the wrong way. The Thunder didn't get Chandler to be a superstar player. They got him to fill a void. That void, is nowfilled with someone who can get you about 4 offensive boards a game and will get you a few blocked shots. And more than anything, he is a big body to fill upthe center position to take on the role of defending the opposing big men.

Since NT seems to revolve around the fact that most players who don't look the part of a superstar are "products of the system" then you shouldand will see that Chandler will fit right in to OKC's system and will unfortunately further the debate as to whether he is a good ball player or not.Except, OKC doesn't care what NT thinks, because like I said, he fits perfectly.

Chris Wilcox is not smart enough to play in the triangle offense. Sorry. Dude is dumb and that's why he hasn't been able to exploit his vast potentialand awesome athleticism.

Anyways, great trade for OKC.. If Chandler is healthy going forward, they've got a good defensive anchor because OKC will not lack for points..

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Hornet is gonna rot for the next 2-3 seasons.
According to what logic? As stated before they played most of the season without Chandler and have been doing fine. They will make the playoffsyou can quote me on that but will they go deep more than likely not. Chandler is not the key to the Hornets success. He played a vital role but he isn'tthe key. I am curious to see how well we do with these two fools. Wilcox and Smith can make up for the boards. It really wasn't the defense that waskilling us more than not scoring. We shall see though.

Trust me, every Seattle SuperSonics fan is still throwing the finger at the organization/city/Stern for letting the team go. smh.
This team is one solid draft pick and a year or twos experience away from making a deep run in the playoffs.

n.o. just done made okc a playoff lock in years to come as long as chandler and the young trio stay put. okc also have 3 1st round picks this draft [1 lottoand 2 in the 20's].....in 5 years there are two teams that will domainate the west, and that is the Blazers and the Thunda!

Isnt it funny that the Hornets play the Thunder today... and that the rockets/nets are talking trade and are playign today as well.

Originally Posted by VCXV

Trust me, every Seattle SuperSonics fan is still throwing the finger at the organization/city/Stern for letting the team go. smh.
This team is one solid draft pick and a year or twos experience away from making a deep run in the playoffs.
I HATE OKC Thunder
mad.gif
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom