Chandler to OKC

indifferent.gif

i thought this actually happened. Check the trade deadline thread yo
smh.gif

From other threads:
As much as I hate to, I'm getting more and more used to the idea that Tys is as good as gone. If not in the next two days, then definitely over the summer.

That being said, I like this deal for a number of reasons. I actually messed around with the Trade Machine and came up with a Wilcox and Smith for Tys deal long before this rumor came out.
laugh.gif

I love Wilcox. He's underutilized in Oklahoma, and I have no idea why. I feel like he should start for the Hornets, but I don't know if I can see him playing center; it's a possibility that I'm sure would be considering, though.

Joe Smith is Joe Smith; he's about as solid as they come, but he's another one of those "playoff guys", like Posey.

Of course, a first-round pick is always good, especially to us since we sold ours last season (Darrell Arthur).
grin.gif

At the end of the season, the two incoming players would result in over $11 million off our books, and that's huge. I would like to think that we would re-sign Wilcox if he performs well (which I expect) since he's only 26, but I wouldn't count on it.

Like I said, I don't want to get rid of my number two guy behind Chris, but it's probably going to happen, and this is a nice deal. What I'm most worried about is the effect this might have on Chris.
Chandler
Green
Durant
Weaver
Westbook

The average age of that lineup is 22, and they'd still have four first-round picks in the next two years.
sick.gif

Thunder close to acquiring Chandler
Comment Email Print Share
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Archive
The New Orleans Hornets and Oklahoma City are closing in on a deal that will send center Tyson Chandler to the Thunder, according to NBA front-office sources.

Chandler
Two sources with knowledge of the trade parameters told ESPN.com that the deal is likely to be completed later Tuesday.

Although the entirety of the package New Orleans would receive for Chandler was not immediately known, ESPN.com reported early Monday that the Hornets -- whoare looking to move Chandler mostly for financial reasons -- were in talks with the Thunder on a trade that would net the expiring contracts of forwards JoeSmith and Chris Wilcox.

The Thunder also possess numerous draft picks to sweeten trade packages, including five first-round picks in the next two drafts.

Senior writer Marc Stein covers the NBA for ESPN.com.

I was just talking about dropping this dude today for Collison. His ankles are on that @@!+*%#% right now.
smh.gif

Now...he's going to be playing with Collison...and Nenad.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

this guy is trash. paul was the only reason he was even noticable.

You think so? If he can put up good numbers, then I have to say I like what OKC looks like.

Good trade for both teams. Hopefully all OKC asks of Chandler is: rebound, block and defend and NOTHING ELSE. Thats the only way he'll be successful.

I guess it's a good deal. although i dont see how Wilcox and Smith are going to help the Hornets short term..

The Hornets should leave N.O. George Shinn is a terrible owner. I have no sympathy for him, after the way he uprooted his team from a loyal city likeCharlotte.

As for this deal, that's sad. TC looked like the 2nd coming of Wilt Chamberlain playin' wit CP3. I don't think Hilton Armstron is ready yet.

OKC lookin nice in the next year or two.
eek.gif

NO should still be fine, Smith and Wilcox oughta to well with Paul lookin out for em, I don't see a real big drop off. They'll take a hit againstbigger teams, but they can still run you outta the gym.

are you serious? yes CP3 can get the ball to anybody, but i dont trust Joe Smith more than Tyson Chandler to score. Chris Wilcox probably wont get the pt to dohis thing either. I just think a healthy Tyson Chandler could have been better than old joe and Wilcox.

Wilcox put up 14 and 8 in 2005 and 2006, and 13 and 7 last season before he got hurt.

This season, he averages 10 less minutes a game for no apparent reason.

Who was his point guard for those three productive seasons, Luke Ridnour? Factor in Chris and he's scoring around 20 a game if he plays the appropriateminutes.

that reason may be nenad and those other project big men they got^but thats what im saying. hes a solid role player but he doesnt get the time..

how come nobody ever wants Wilcox? Is he trouble in the locker room or somethin? Id love to have his rebounding and physical play on the Lakers.

that reason may be nenad and those other project big men they got
Wilcox was getting blackballed long before Krstic got there.

Nick Collison isn't a project, nor is he better than Wilcox.
hes a solid role player but he doesnt get the time..
He sure as hell better get time over Hilton Armstrong, Melvin Ely and Sean Marks.

can we just get wilcox on a good team for once? clips, sonics. man could've put up amare numbers(who was picked after wilcox), if just put in the rightsituation with better coaching.

i hear you about Ely and Marks but they are really trying to get Hilton going..
Just got to wait and see how it goes on the floor.

Back
Top Bottom