Chargeback on paypal

Wait a minute...

@mrmakemoney  You skipped paypal and went to your CC to file the charge back, so why would paypal contact you to give you instructions to move forward with returning the item?

And on top of that, paypal told  @Hanacheezy  to deal with it with you, meaning they're not taking any action, right?

1.You're supposed to file a claim. THATS THE POINT. Filing a claim isn't some last resort effort. It's standard. It's states why the return is going on and the time frame the item should be returned

2. Nobody is supposed to lose anything. That's why it's a return.

Now, you're liable to return the shoes. If you don't provide legitimate tracking the seller can open a claim.

You're acting like somebody owes you something for filing a claim.
My point, once again, is that PayPal was not required. PayPal was involved because the seller did not cooperate. No one owes me for needing to open a claim. This whole thing is based on doing the right thing. Was it right for the seller to refuse my refund? I did what I had to do to get my money back. Now am I wrong for being difficult with that same seller who was difficult with me? Like I said, I know that this is petty. Dude'll get his shoes though, as I'm not a thief. I'm however big on making my point. If someone reaches out to you, cooperate; it's not hard. Hell, I was even going to cover the cost to ship them back. Once this thread is closed, I'll be happy to come to a resolution where the shoes are returned. I'll just leave it at that.

My point, once again, is that PayPal was not required. PayPal was involved because the seller did not cooperate. No one owes me for needing to open a claim. This whole thing is based on doing the right thing. Was it right for the seller to refuse my refund? I did what I had to do to get my money back. Now am I wrong for being difficult with that same seller who was difficult with me? Like I said, I know that this is petty. Dude'll get his shoes though, as I'm not a thief. I'm however big on making my point. If someone reaches out to you, cooperate; it's not hard. Hell, I was even going to cover the cost to ship them back. Once this thread is closed, I'll be happy to come to a resolution where the shoes are returned. I'll just leave it at that.

YES PayPal is required. What world do you live in where you think they'll just send you money back and use the honor system? :smh: it's called documentation

You don't want a refund, you want a friend :rofl:

Last edited:
It does seem the OP never told the buy to actually send the shoes back for a refund.

Because the buyer was the one who said "sorry man I'm sending the shoes back"

The seller never said don't send my shoes back because I'm not giving you a refund :lol:

ok you made your point, I need to update my email on paypal

I admitted you sent a text and i told you they were worn that was our last conversation before today. You received your refund on July 3rd. Dont you think if I saw the dispute/refund I would have contacted you earlier?

I'd appreciate you if you stop the pettiness and send my item back

1.You're supposed to file a claim. THATS THE POINT. Filing a claim isn't some last resort effort. It's standard. It's states why the return is going on and the time frame the item should be returned

2. Nobody is supposed to lose anything. That's why it's a return.

Now, you're liable to return the shoes. If you don't provide legitimate tracking the seller can open a claim.

You're acting like somebody owes you something for filing a claim.

You're a hypocrite

One post you're saying I had to go through PayPal because what would the seller "lose"

Next post you're saying you went through PayPal because the seller didn't comply with your demands

Man please you're a damn thief and proud of it, pathetic

@Hanacheezy  just keep a negative amount on paypal n leave it alone. They cant dip into your bank acct/CC.
are you sure about this? I had someone make a dispute and paypal put me in a negative balance for the amount of the item and then 2 days later took the money out of my account before they even made a decision on the case

@Hanacheezy  just keep a negative amount on paypal n leave it alone. They cant dip into your bank acct/CC.
are you sure about this? I had someone make a dispute and paypal put me in a negative balance for the amount of the item and then 2 days later took the money out of my account before they even made a decision on the case
That's odd. When was this? I read they changed the law a few yrs back stating they cant dip into your account without consent. 

I got scammed maybe 2-3 years ago. Received a gift payment, dude filed a charge back, and i just had a negative balance for a while until i took care of it. Since it was a gift payment, paypal didnt do a damb thing to investigate bc it doesnt offer buyer nor seller protection. 

You're a hypocrite

One post you're saying I had to go through PayPal because what would the seller "lose"

Next post you're saying you went through PayPal because the seller didn't comply with your demands

Man please you're a damn thief and proud of it, pathetic
Reading is fundamental...I asked that question about what would the seller lose to make the point that if he would have just cooperated and asked me to send them back, which I would have, what would the seller be losing. The kicks would be returned and once he got them, he could move forward with issuing a refund. BUSTERcombo... it's not unrealistic to think this crazy idea would work.
@Hanacheezy The post is still active; I've said my piece about this and I'm done now. You guys have fun.

So you wanted to use the honor system. Wow. You're living proof there is no honor. You have your money back and still don't want to send the shoes off because you got your feelings hurt.

Pathetic

The point is PayPal disputes is used to solve, get this...... PayPal dispites. Filling a claim is standard practice, it's documentation of the situation. The next time you get into a fender bender ask the guy if it's ok just to take your word that you'll call him back to give your insurance information and not allow him to document anything about the accident. :lol:

I hope you don't send back the shoes and OP takes some sort of legal action.

Last edited:

[thread="631149"] [/thread]

@Hanacheezy
 just keep a negative amount on paypal n leave it alone. They cant dip into your bank acct/CC.

That's odd. When was this? I read they changed the law a few yrs back stating they cant dip into your account without consent. 

I got scammed maybe 2-3 years ago. Received a gift payment, dude filed a charge back, and i just had a negative balance for a while until i took care of it. Since it was a gift payment, paypal didnt do a damb thing to investigate bc it doesnt offer buyer nor seller protection. 
A few weeks ago. Buyer made dispute, paypal had he negative balance on my account. I gave my response to his comments even though I knew I was most likely taking the L. Logged on like 2 days later to see a 0 balance and checked my bank acct and the money was taken from there. They had him ship back the stuff but refunded him before the item even got back to me.

Also limited my account during that time. Now they're supposedly going to delete my account because I violated some policy that they can't tell me due to compliance.

Reading is fundamental...I asked that question about what would the seller lose to make the point that if he would have just cooperated and asked me to send them back, which I would have, what would the seller be losing. The kicks would be returned and once he got them, he could move forward with issuing a refund. BUSTERcombo... it's not unrealistic to think this crazy idea would work.
@Hanacheezy The post is still active; I've said my piece about this and I'm done now. You guys have fun.

Didnt get a chance to dispute your dispute or try to work it out; you texted me once and that was all

I texted you all this morning asking you to ship my shoes back and you havent and are making comments like I'm being petty and difficult on purpose

You texted me "This is going well for you" again childish games you're playing

There's no way you're over 18, and if you are that's pretty sad

Reading is fundamental...I asked that question about what would the seller lose to make the point that if he would have just cooperated and asked me to send them back, which I would have, what would the seller be losing. The kicks would be returned and once he got them, he could move forward with issuing a refund. .

Ok ..

You sent him a text when you didn't like the shoes and said you were going to send the shoes back

What happen after that? Why didn't you send the shoes back?

Dude the seller refuse to give you a refund or tell you not to send them back? I didn't see those texts

This is soo petty dude takes an L for spending $160 for dudes Sunday morning lawn mowing shoes.

i feel for op as i went through a similar situation.     i sold a pair of foamposites on ebay last month,  the soles were separating.   i clearly mentioned in the listing 3 separate times that there was sole separation and i recommended them getting re glued. i mentioned in the listing to ask any questions prior to purchase to avoid any misunderstandings.

buyer gets the shoes and complains about said separation and demands either a $25 partial refund and keeps the shoes or a full refund where i cover his shipping,  i told him no, and that the auction was clear.      he filed a not as described claim. i messaged him telling him to cancel the claim and he was overly defensive talking about how i was making threats to him.   put his paypal email in the search section on fb and found his fb which had his place of employment, his mom showed up on his friends list and her job was on her page as well.   called him at his work and told him i was going to get him fired for fun if he didn't cancel the claim.  he told me to screw off and that he was calling the cops.   sent a few complaint calls, put the work in to get access to the higher ups at his job, sent a few emails and a few days later he canceled the claim.

you gotta be as specific and upfront as you can be when listing used shoes, but its lame how a buyer can have the full info on the item there in front of him in the listing where everything is upfront and made clear to the buyer and he can still file a claim or chargeback.

op inbox me all the buyers info,  i'll try to get as much as i can on him and his immediate family for you.   i guarantee you a call to his moms job will change his tone up quickly

Worse is that dummy thinking he doesn't have to return the shoes.....straight up moron logic.

Bet he's the type to get yelled at by the judge and still think he's right :x

Last edited:
i feel for op as i went through a similar situation.     i sold a pair of foamposites on ebay last month,  the soles were separating.   i clearly mentioned in the listing 3 separate times that there was sole separation and i recommended them getting re glued. i mentioned in the listing to ask any questions prior to purchase to avoid any misunderstandings.

buyer gets the shoes and complains about said separation and demands either a $25 partial refund and keeps the shoes or a full refund where i cover his shipping,  i told him no, and that the auction was clear.      he filed a not as described claim. i messaged him telling him to cancel the claim and he was overly defensive talking about how i was making threats to him.   put his paypal email in the search section on fb and found his fb which had his place of employment, his mom showed up on his friends list and her job was on her page as well.   called him at his work and told him i was going to get him fired for fun if he didn't cancel the claim.  he told me to screw off and that he was calling the cops.   sent a few complaint calls, put the work in to get access to the higher ups at his job, sent a few emails and a few days later he canceled the claim.

you gotta be as specific and upfront as you can be when listing used shoes, but its lame how a buyer can have the full info on the item there in front of him in the listing where everything is upfront and made clear to the buyer and he can still file a claim or chargeback.

op inbox me all the buyers info,  i'll try to get as much as i can on him and his immediate family for you.   i guarantee you a call to his moms job will change his tone up quickly

You're a psycho

not even.  i'm a nice dude actually. quite a few heads on here know me off the board.  some i'd consider good friends and they would say the total opposite.

i don't like that funny stuff though.  you try to get over on me, ima teach you a lesson simple as that.  dudes think its cute filing a chargeback because their doing it from 2,000 miles away and don't think they'll be held accounted for.  when they get that call to their job hearing "i'm the guy you filed a claim on" it changes their whole perspective.

not even.  i'm a nice dude actually. quite a few heads on here know me off the board.  some i'd consider good friends and they would say the total opposite.

i don't like that funny stuff though.  you try to get over on me, ima teach you a lesson simple as that.  dudes think its cute filing a chargeback because their doing it from 2,000 miles away and don't think they'll be held accounted for.  when they get that call to their job hearing "i'm the guy you filed a claim on" it changes their whole perspective.

I can confirm he is a nice guy

OP just say the word. I know goons in Georgia that will show up at his door with guns and no ski masks cuz they really bout it.

crying at the work phone call. You're my kind of guy. Lol

Back
Top Bottom