Chargeback on paypal

Seller doesn't want to give refund initially, spends money for purchase and blasts, so I send him item back at my own cost? Yeah, that makes sense to me. Again, he can have his shoes; I didn't want them from the time I had them in hand. I have a problem paying money for flagrant disrespect.

Last edited:
Just return the shoes papi. In the end you got your money back. As long that the shoes is in your possesion, everyone gonna be calling you a thief, scammer, etc.

You know what @ricerocket, you just convinced me to be the MUCH bigger man in this situation. I know I'm right, but I'll Handle this because if I stick to my guns, dude will never get his shoes...because he's actually the one that's broke. This whole episode has been very entertaining though. I hope those of you who could relate to my viewpoint have taken note of those who feel that buddy was actually right here.

Last edited:
Let me get this straight..

Seller sells used SBTG Dunks..

Buyer gets them and they're more beat up than pics appeared.

Buyer reaches out to seller and he responds rudely, brushes buyer off, etc..

Buyer does chargeback on PayPal and gets money back, shoes still in possession.

In my opinion if the seller wants his shoes back he should definitely cover shipping cost. The buyer shouldn't have to pay for anything. He wanted to do a simple return and was denied until a third party got involved. PayPal didn't handle it correctly though. They usually make the person doing the return provide a tracking number and once that's returned they process the refund.

In my opinion if the seller wants his shoes back he should definitely cover shipping cost. The buyer shouldn't have to pay for anything. He wanted to do a simple return and was denied until a third party got involved. PayPal didn't handle it correctly though. They usually make the person doing the return provide a tracking number and once that's returned they process the refund.

No, the buyer said he was going to send back the shoes and never did and the seller never said that he couldn't return the shoes.

View media item 1622930View media item 1622931
went from "i'll get them back to you" to this paypal dispute bs without ever actually sending back the shoes and now he wants to act like he's being the bigger person after by his own admission being petty as hell about sending back the shoes.

Last edited:
Hmmm. I see.

If I was the seller I would send the buyer a label so the seller can get his shoes back.. Use the same box they were sent in and attach that label.. If not send the cost of the shipping. Simple

NOW if he doesn't send them back after all of that the buyer is petty and ethically incorrect..

Good luck to both of you guys though.. This can easily be resolved.

#NT

I agree @Mr 100 and apparently so does PayPal. I just got off the phone with them and was advised that they would be contacting the merchant regarding covering the cost of return shipping on the item.

You know what @ricerocket, you just convinced me to be the MUCH bigger man in this situation. I know I'm right, but I'll Handle this because if I stick to my guns, dude will never get his shoes...because he's actually the one that's broke. This whole episode has been very entertaining though. I hope those of you who could relate to my viewpoint have taken note of those who feel that buddy was actually right here.
Lol @ being the MUCH bigger man. That moment passed a long time ago. You can act and think like you were in the right all you want, but empirical fact is you got your money back and yet you still have his shoes.

how is this dude not banned?

he's clearly a thief.

@Methodical Management  

@Nelson C  

@DarthSka  

@animalthug  

@stevesteve72  

@Dirtylicious  

@JRose5  

@dmxfury  

@AirAnt23  

@kingcrux31  
roll.gif
 at tagging jrose

So the minute that I receive a refund and still have the shoes in my possession, I'm a thief? You guys way of thinking amazes me. After first contacting the seller before involving PayPal, answering all texts afterwards instead of being non responsive, saying I never refused to return, and contacting PayPal to initiate a return on a closed case, I'm still somehow the bad guy here. It's whatever though; doesn't hurt me. @Instagram I'm glad you included mods; I'm interested in their take. If they see that this is something to ban me over, I'll take that. Meanwhile, where's the hero of our story?

Last edited:
Just return the damb shoes dog i google maped your crib u aint got nothin better to do.

Ill pay the shipping if u need to buy totinos

All this clown keeps saying is PayPal this and PayPal that. Previously you stated you've done many transactions on PayPal.

You know the system well. Buyers have the upper hand and now you're holding the shoes hostage. The moment you got your refund, you should have sent the shoes back.

For shipping, it's on both the buyer and the seller. The only reason I say this is because you knew what you were getting and once they were in hand, they weren't to your standards (or you had buyers remorse, whatever).

The seller doesn't owe you anything more.

Do you go to Walmart to return an item and ***** about gas money? No. ****, pay the $10. Move on from the situation and let the guy have his shoes back.

No, the buyer said he was going to send back the shoes and never did and the seller never said that he couldn't return the shoes.

went from "i'll get them back to you" to this paypal dispute bs without ever actually sending back the shoes and now he wants to act like he's being the bigger person after by his own admission being petty as hell about sending back the shoes.
Notice how there is no date shown in the image where he says he'll send back. Also, the seller is arguing rather than just taking the return. I bet a lot of time passed between those two images. I wouldn't send back some shoes unless I was sure my money would be sent back too. I bet that's the reason it escalated to a chargeback. OP excuse of "they sent emails to an old email account" is BS because that "old email" would be the same one he uses to login to his PayPal account. Acting like it's even possible to forget which email address is connected to his account is a clear case of playing victim for the crowd.

All this clown keeps saying is PayPal this and PayPal that. Previously you stated you've done many transactions on PayPal.

You know the system well. Buyers have the upper hand and now you're holding the shoes hostage. The moment you got your refund, you should have sent the shoes back.

For shipping, it's on both the buyer and the seller. The only reason I say this is because you knew what you were getting and once they were in hand, they weren't to your standards (or you had buyers remorse, whatever).

The seller doesn't owe you anything more.

Do you go to Walmart to return an item and ***** about gas money? No. ****, pay the $10. Move on from the situation and let the guy have his shoes back.
Co-sign

Are you guys serious? Seller never agreed to accept the return of the shoes and then refund the buyer's money. When the buyer received the shoes, he VOLUNTEERED to return the shoes as part of the return process which is obviously how it should work. BUT the seller was unwilling to refund the money...so now you're telling me the buyer should have shipped the shoes back anyway and just expected the seller to refund his money when they arrived?

The issue is that if there was no chargeback system in place, the buyer would be stuck with a purchase he wasn't satisfied with. He tried to negotiate a refund, but the seller wasn't trying to hear it/deal with it. The buyer did what he had to do and I don't feel like he owes the seller **** at this point, because the seller is the one that didn't try and work it out. They could have potentially worked out a partial refund or something else, but the buyer is the one that felt cheated and then used the chargeback as a mediation method. He didn't get a response from the seller again until after the seller lost and now had no choice but to communicate with the buyer again.

At the end of the day though, the right thing is to just send the shoes back. I'd be irritated if I had to go through all that if I was the buyer to try and make things right. At the same time though, I can understand the frustration of selling used shoes and then having to deal with a return. That comes with the territory though so you've got no choice but to deal with it.

Notice how there is no date shown in the image where he says he'll send back. Also, the seller is arguing rather than just taking the return. I bet a lot of time passed between those two images. I wouldn't send back some shoes unless I was sure my money would be sent back too. I bet that's the reason it escalated to a chargeback. OP excuse of "they sent emails to an old email account" is BS because that "old email" would be the same one he uses to login to his PayPal account. Acting like it's even possible to forget which email address is connected to his account is a clear case of playing victim for the crowd.

Well mrmakemoney posted those pics and I wouldn't really call what OP wrote "arguing". OP should have responded more clearly about taking back the shoes ans offering a refund however and was definitely at fault for the email, but makemoney went above ans beyond pettiness after the chargeback .

My only question here is if the seller represented the condition of the shoes correctly prior to the buyer paying. If he did, the buyer has absolutely nothing to complain about.

You buy used items as-is and as they're represented in pictures. I still say buddy got the shoes and realized he paid way too much for what look to be beaters. Buyer's remorse isn't free reign to ask for a refund though, at least IMO. You agreed to purchase what are clearly heavily worn shoes--take the L and learn from your mistake.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom