Chasing Bubbles VOL. Buying a sailboat and leaving the corporate life

Already starting to feel like I need to do this and I'm only 2 years in.

working 9-5, even with a good salary really puts things in perspective.

Then you get to save a bit of money and really ask yourself : "is it worth it?"

I believe finding a job you really enjoy with great benefits and making the most of your vacation is the way to go. Balance is key.

i'm sure i'll end up taking 1 year off to travel eventually too, nothing like my man in the documentary did but still backpack around the world for 1 year seems like a bucket list i'll need to accomplish in the future before settling down and having kids and what not.

working 9-5, even with a good salary really puts things in perspective.

Then you get to save a bit of money and really ask yourself : "is it worth it?"

I believe finding a job you really enjoy with great benefits and making the most of your vacation is the way to go. Balance is key.

i'm sure i'll end up taking 1 year off to travel eventually too, nothing like my man in the documentary did but still backpack around the world for 1 year seems like a bucket list i'll need to accomplish in the future before settling down and having kids and what not.
how old are you 

i couldnt do it...i get antsy if my vacations are longer than a week, its not even that i want to be back at work, i just run out of things to do or want to see...

There's a lot to look into and I would just look like a hater.

Looking up who his dad was. Successful guy and provided for his second family quite nicely.

Successful in school, this main guy was. Getting a great job is likely no easy task (unless he had connections). His dads farm is BIG business.

But overall, it reads like rich white guy problems.

Family missed him back home but hes too selfish trying to see the world.

I saw the whole thing and I'm all over the place.

Most are in fear that even if they save enough from one job, landing another is such a huge burden.. Most simply can maybe take off 3 weeks at a time from their current job.

A lot of thrill seekers have this issue. You have family at home but you are never happy.

I cried. I laughed. I dont regret watching.

But this is so unrealistic for 99% of us to do.. Even the friends who took off time etc. to sail with him. For most of us, that is not feasible.

I will commend him for saving like a BOSS to get this adventure going initially. It sounds like he was making top tier $250k/yr levels or more. So his sacrifices were real. They just aren't realistic to most of us living pay check to pay check.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Even though i really don't know why you're asking, i'm 23.
Bro you need to drop more info on this and hit us with some stories.

I made a thread about it.....nobody responded.

I have a thread giving away free knowledge for those wanting six figure corporate/federal jobs.

I've given away stuff on this site for 15 years.

I've posted charitable events on here and given a lot......like more than anyone.

I've learned on NT, that no one cares.....unfortunately.....about anything/anyone but themselves.

People have met me in person and the respect is there, but the stories will be published soon....with pictures/videos/etc.

NT usually just builds up their own to tear them down. I'm good on all that jazz. :smokin

Even though i really don't know why you're asking, i'm 23.
Bro you need to drop more info on this and hit us with some stories.

I made a thread about it.....nobody responded.

I have a thread giving away free knowledge for those wanting six figure corporate/federal jobs.

I've given away stuff on this site for 15 years.

I've posted charitable events on here and given a lot......like more than anyone.

I've learned on NT, that no one cares.....unfortunately.....about anything/anyone but themselves.

People have met me in person and the respect is there, but the stories will be published soon....with pictures/videos/etc.

NT usually just builds up their own to tear them down. I'm good on all that jazz. :smokin

Man I feel you.

i've probably missed that thread. Send me the link, i'll definitly check it out.

As for the corporate/federal jobs, i've seen it. Great stuff. I would apply if I had a chance :lol:

Man I feel you.

i've probably missed that thread. Send me the link, i'll definitly check it out.

As for the corporate/federal jobs, i've seen it. Great stuff. I would apply if I had a chance :lol:

These days....I do better with direct Q/A, otherwise it may seem all over the place/scattered. I have no problem speaking to people/explaining, but when you post on here....people can't fathom someone doing well/being happy/enjoying their life....so they try to tear them down/poke holes in their "story"/etc.

Nobody can do that to me because I live by three rules that have taken me far:

Don't LIE CHEAT OR STEAL (Unless You Are Stealing Second/Third/Home Base).

Reactions: jjs
Back
Top Bottom