Cheap things you do vol. every dollar counts

What did you get? 🇩🇪?
QFiddy (not my pic, same color/trim)
e522d7b87190e3b1ce0af64a9d1028b2.jpg

been going to the barbershop for over 2 years... found out they were increasing their cuts to 30 up from 25... I was like ok this is the last time I am coming here... then went to great clips a few times which is not great but for 18 bucks why not... then found a salon that charges 15 for a cut...so been going there for a few months... they just upped their prices to 20... so now I am switching to there other location which is 15... it sucks cuz I like how the girl cuts my hair...but I rather save money instead of being loyal...
How she look? Spit that game. Have her come over to you. Even do an "exchange" for service

Good to see the thread back on track after that videogame walkthrough/streaming detour. Spending anything over $30-40 for a haircut is wild to me but if your barber gets you looking right then to each their own.

Man I love cars with some performance so i'll probably always have something that needs premium until I go electric. Unless there's some beast out there that takes 87.

You could get a gti or maybe the golf r.

They take 87 but if you put premium in they turn up the boost and advance the timing so you can run it on broke boy mode or premium.

Gas stations out here only put a $1.00 hold when you pay. 200 is insane :lol:

I pay 35 plus 5 or 10 for cut and beard. I would have a hard time accepting paying more than $50

I didn’t have a car for 3 or 4 years. That’s a rough one in mn. When it snows the busses just do whatever so basically they don’t show up and you’re standing in the cold until you just give up and call in to work.

How do you get around? Isn’t west coast spread out?
RustyShackleford RustyShackleford How does that work out for you ? I figured the further west you move the more important having a car would be. Especially in Nevada.

You Uber most places?

ICIP
My girlfriend has a car. If I ever need one, I use that.

Vegas is not that big compared to other metros.

When I was in grad school, I most took the bus, maybe a Uber hear and there, or got rides from friends

When I graduated I could ride the bus to work, and use Uber.

Now I work from home, and I get a commuter stipend, so I take a couple Ubers a week to get to work

Even after doing the math and putting a dollar value on my time, not owning a car is still better.

I get some people need a car. But a lot of folk let the expense creep up because they mainly want it for the convenience and buy a more expensive car than they need.

It is such a minute inconvenience, and saves me hundreds every month. The trade off is worth it to me.

Last edited:
I had a car for a short time after I graduated

Sure it was more convenient, but really at the end of the day it didn't seem worth the extra cost given how I was moving

Back
Top Bottom