Cheap things you do vol. every dollar counts

Ok im an accountant thats been making $100K plus over the past couple years. I have done all of this

1) worked by a Salvation Army for a couple months, damn near everyday would be on the free lunch line. They had some BANGING fried chicken
2) Got the NYC to pay 14 months of my rent
3) Got my gas and electric bill paid for 6 months by the city
4) Had food stamps for 3 years and they finally cut me off couple months ago, I was getting $250 a month and some months I would get $50 cash benefits that I would use to buy beer

I like **** for free lol

Ok im an accountant thats been making $100K plus over the past couple years. I have done all of this

1) worked by a Salvation Army for a couple months, damn near everyday would be on the free lunch line. They had some BANGING fried chicken
4) Had food stamps for 3 years and they finally cut me off couple months ago, I was getting $250 a month and some months I would get $50 cash benefits that I would use to buy beer

I like **** for free lol
Alonzo Mourning GIFs | Tenor

I get paper towels, toilet paper and trash bags from work.
I don't eat out. I Meal prep.
I take all the condiments my coworkers leave behind.
I fill up my water container in the gym
I sold my car and walk to work/gym and uber when I really need to go places. Saved a ton!
I try to find everything at the dollar tree.
I exercise so I don't pay expensive health bills later!!!
But I do splurge on stuff I like but I love to budget and itemize to the penny.

I like **** for free lol

pass-the-torch-olympics.gif

fellow frugal friends, got a question: how much cash yall giving to couples that invite you to weddings?

have it broken into three tiers:

1 - close friends/family
2 - good homies
3 - i'm a last second invite because another invitee backed out

got like 5-6 weddings to go to this summer/fall and these bay area nuptials are starting to get expensive.
$100 should be good I think that’s like the minimum unless you’re really close to them maybe more

Cheapest thing I've done this year was at the county fair... Went thru $100 worth of tickets in 10mins and only had 2 tix left. Soon found out that the minimum fee for rides and games was 3 tickets so ppl were tossing their leftover singles. I found a ticket slip on the floor that had 1 left and I found out they could be combined.. My girl and I went around the fair picking up these ticket slips.. felt like tony and sosa pulling up to the rides with a stack of single tickets lol

tldr: went dumpster diving for single ticket vouchers at the fair

This real love no bs

fellow frugal friends, got a question: how much cash yall giving to couples that invite you to weddings?

have it broken into three tiers:

1 - close friends/family
2 - good homies
3 - i'm a last second invite because another invitee backed out

got like 5-6 weddings to go to this summer/fall and these bay area nuptials are starting to get expensive.

I give $100. I always feel thats about right. Most plates at wedding come out to 50ish dollars so I feel like Im just covering myself and my Wife. And I only go to weddings of ppl Im really cool with. Declined plenty of invites

I had ebt one time too because I quit my job knowing damn well I had another but figured hey, why not?

Got 300 a month in food, then I convinced my Roomate to get ebt too.

One of my greatest achievements tbh, free food was :pimp: especially when we’d pool our ebt to mega ebt.

I like **** for free lol
Mr Dink Mr Dink reading this...
giphy.webp

Its probably Twitter cap. Why not just by used tires? Its the same thing, for the same cost and less illegal.

I like **** for free lol

Let me add a couple more

5) I had unemployment for another 6 months while I had a job, lol. They asked me to come to like a workshop on getting a job, I took the day off from work to go to the workshop and they gave me another 6 months of unemloyment. WHILE I HAD A JOB
6) I did a ton of fraud **** with banks ( wont get into details).
7) I traded my iphone 12 pro max that I paid off with T-mobile, brought it into the store for a 14 pro max they gave me $1000 credit for my old phone which pretty much paid off my new 14 pro max. I literally didnt pay a phone bill for 6 months
8) when they jacked up unemployment from $500 a week in NYC to $11000 a week I was in Jamaica for like 5 months collecting it, I had my boy who was here in America do the weekly filing for me

I think when covid hit and I realize how much money is going around and how easy it was for you to get FREE **** thats when I realize ok let me see how I can work these things and get ahead.

I had ebt one time too because I quit my job knowing damn well I had another but figured hey, why not?

Got 300 a month in food, then I convinced my Roomate to get ebt too.

One of my greatest achievements tbh, free food was :pimp: especially when we’d pool our ebt to mega ebt.
nah the worst was in college, when we found out that if you were eligible for work study in college if you went down to the social security office (we went to college in Buffalo and we lived off campus ) they would give you, free gas, free electricity and food stamps. IT WAS A WRAP. The 8 guys in our off campus house all got in on it and every first of the month we would get tiramusa cake, lobster, steak for our college house.

Back
Top Bottom