Chernobyl (HBO miniseries) - EP5 finale 'Vichnaya Pamyat' out now

They made a 25 year old Senior Engineer of a radioactive plant :smh:

Also thought it was weird the KGB had surveillance on literally everyone, just one giant circle of spies

Watched EP2 last night, tremendous. Ending scene trying to get to the water tanks, the anxiety of the flashlights :emoji_cold_sweat:

Last edited:
Those divers man......

Made it seem like if they aint do their job the explosion woulda wiped out half the solar system :smh:

Love this show. Radiation is nothing to mess with. I hate how they basically called the firefighters in to get killed because they knew it was more than just a regular fire.

Show is incredible thus far... I’ve read up on this disaster many times and this is just outstanding.

I made the huge mistake of watching this past so while eating :smh: :sick:

These dudes were melting away.

Gruesome death. Where is an angel of death when you need one? I mean this is a clear case where the mercy of euthanasia is needed.

Boris couldn't even lie to dude. Gave him an I don't know :smh: Mining chief knew he and his boys were gonna die.

Must suck supremely to be ignorant in time like that. The ppl had NO CLUE. Nurses, dead. That lady and her unborn baby, dead. **** remind me of ppl babies being born deformed decades after Nagaski and Hiroshima.

"Trust but verify" :lol::smh: KGB ****ing ruthless even in times of catastrophe.

Last edited:
Makeup and prosthetics were on-point for episode 3. Damn.

The miners. Real ones.

"Have you spent time around miners? Just be honest. They work in the dark."

The best comparison I can make with this show is "Apollo 13." It's historical (with obvious cinematic liberties taken), so you already know what happens. But it's done so well that you can watch it again and again and you still get goosebumps as if something different is going to happen. Although at least the Apollo 13 crew didn't have CIA watching over them.

Last edited:
Creating the physical manifestation of what Lyudmilla is reacting to was the painstaking result of practical effects. Series make-up and prosthetics designer Daniel Parker’s objective was to stay as true to real-life details as possible, even when finding actual visual evidence of what came after Chernobyl was difficult.

“I did all this research, so I actually based my designs on what I read. But there was one photograph — I think it was of the same character and his father. And it stuck in my mind,” Parker said. “We then shot this and I came out to set. Somebody said to me, ‘You should look at the monitor.’ And the monitor was that photo. Clear, not fuzzy like it was in the original. This shiny Rameses that’s still alive. I was shocked, but also elated.”

Crafting a finished product meant a complex combination of temporary tattoos and various layers of prosthetics meant to mimic the condition of the body as Lyudmilla described in her own firsthand accounts. From a makeup standpoint, achieving that reality meant breaking some traditions of the craft.

“With silicone prosthetics, you should always put a certain amount of pigment in, otherwise it looks waxy. But I wanted the skin to look translucent. Some bits were clear, some bits were opaque. It was very complicated process with many, many tests,” Parker said, adding that the emphasis was on the internal physical effects that were part of that pivotal photo. “I wanted to show what’s happening inside the body, the bruising and melting of the body and the fact that the skin is massive organ of the body is no longer attached. I wanted to get the feel of what I’ve read up to the screen.”

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/chernobyl-episode-3-hospital-miners-hbo-1202143148/

The firefighters going in with no information was super duper foul, man. Thought they were just fighting a regular fire.:smh:

I think most of them knew what time it was but chose to be heroes regardless. Foul as hell though :smh:

9624084C-B795-4A22-80B2-6D0555C4BE48.jpeg

So was the core blowing up a government job? Or was it just a simple mistake? I did some deep diving but the conspiracy theories are wild. Whole thing is suspect.

So was the core blowing up a government job? Or was it just a simple mistake? I did some deep diving but the conspiracy theories are wild. Whole thing is suspect.
From my understanding its a convergence of variables.

User error, faulty construction from the jump, and just the unluckiest of circumstances as far as the blackout drill they happened to be running that was the catalyst for this.

Back
Top Bottom