Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by grusumm18

WojYahooNBA
The Bulls have privately assured Luol Deng that there's "no chance" of a deal sending him to the Warriors, league source tells Y!

The Warriors are above the salary cap and thus would have to send back salaries close to Deng's $13.3 million salary for next season. That doesn't interest the Bulls.

Originally Posted by grusumm18

WojYahooNBA
The Bulls have privately assured Luol Deng that there's "no chance" of a deal sending him to the Warriors, league source tells Y!

what about the tyreke & pick for deng & pick trade does that have any legs? not sure about it regardless .... leaves a big hole to fill tyreke aint guarding bron or melo

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by ballislife32688

it seems like there are some fake fans in here, why in the world would you blow up this team, you dont get rid of Noah or Deng, those are two essential pieces. You clearly keep this team intact, get rid of Boozer slide in taj, and upgrade your 2 position, anyone can see that. Ppl have no patience now adays.
Exactly. A healthy Deng is a threat and though not a big in stature/height, Noah is a scrapper down low.  We just need a consistent 2 guard that can score and get rid of Boozer.  Other than that, I like the way we play, we play as a unit. Lock down on D when needed and play tough. 

Edit: Keep Barnes and Rivers away from this team please.
laugh.gif
Barnes isn't consistent enough and Rivers is not ready, period. I don't know why he left early. U can't hit one big shot against UNC and think ure ready for the league.

did you see the vid of rivers not being able to hit 2-3 shots in a row while working out for the wiz...
30t6p3b.gif

The funny thing about that statement is that Austin's game is more NBA ready than Harrison considering the league thrives off being able to beat someone off the dribble and create your own shot. Something that he did consistently all year and something Harrison has done maybe a handful of times in 2yrs
laugh.gif

Not to mention the kid has NEVER shied away from the moment... Can't say the same about Barnes.

However I'd much rather have Jeremy Lamb than either of them.

I really don't have any idea how we improve this team without trading someone who plays a big part. Crazy the situation we find ourselves in.

I mean I guess if you can pull that deal off sending Luol to Sac or Tor for a top 10, draft Lamb then go after Gerald Wallace to replace Luol on the defensive/dirty work end. But  I don't know about that either.  Rock and a Hard Place My Friends.
tired.gif

[h2]
[h2][/h2]
Ben Gordon trade shows Bulls not serious about spending to Win

By DougThonus, today at 7:53 pm

The Charlotte Bobcats acquired Ben Gordon and a future firstround pick [2013 lotto protected, top 8 in 2014, top 1 in 2015, unprotected2016] for Corey Maggette [expiring deal of a crappy player]. The move was asalary relief one for Detroit who took on a worse player while giving up apotentially very valuable pick to save some money. The Bulls could have gottenin on this, and if they don't move their non-guaranteed contracts for draftpicks later it will prove out that Chicago is in it for the money.

Make no mistake, the Bulls could have trivially trumped thisdeal. Rip Hamilton + their choice of Korver or Brewer to match salaries. Theywaive Korver/Brewer and buy out Hamilton again and likely save around five orsix million over what they do with the deal they just completed with Charlotte.If they sent Kover/Brewer instead of Hamilton, it would have saved Detroit 11million more.

Meanwhile, the Bulls grab another pick which will most likelycome in as a top 10 pick in 2015 to add to their hopes to add cheap, lotterytalent around Derrick Rose in the future while addressing one of their primaryneeds right now [someone who can create their own shot and score while Rose isout].

Say what you want about Gordon, but he's much better thanHamilton and some dude we're going to waive anyway and while improving the teamconsiderably we also get a likely future lotto pick for our troubles. Seemslike a great deal until you start looking at the finances.

The Bulls would probably end up around seven million [and closerto 12 million in the scenario where they don't move Hamilton] in the luxury taxthis year after such a trade. Now of course, we're willing to pay the tax towin a championship, but apparently we aren't willing to pay the tax to getlottery picks and improve the team considerably this season.

Paying the tax for a championship is great, but it's also a copout, because doing so doesn't actually cost the franchise any money. They wouldmake back more money than the tax they pay.

Now everything written prior to this can be disproven. Therewill be plenty of other opportunities to take on salary to get draft picks. Ifthe Bulls take advantage of some of those, then we'll have shown that they justvalued a different opportunity more than this one.

However, if the Bulls, as I expect, simply let their nonguaranteed contracts go then it will show that they aren't interested inmaximizing the odds of winning a title if it cuts into their MASSIVE profitmargins. By the way, my season tickets cost almost 20% more next season.

Let's see if they actually invest any of that money in the team.My guess is no.

Article Here
[/h2]
http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-b...hows-bulls-not-serious-about-spending-to-win/

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I really don't have any idea how we improve this team without trading someone who plays a big part. Crazy the situation we find ourselves in.

I mean I guess if you can pull that deal off sending Luol to Sac or Tor for a top 10, draft Lamb then go after Gerald Wallace to replace Luol on the defensive/dirty work end. But  I don't know about that either.  Rock and a Hard Place My Friends.
tired.gif

thank you cake.

i love noah and deng, but if we get a good deal then bye bye. face facts people its either noah or gibson/omar we cant keep them all. deng plays a postion that is so easy to fill.

I never would say tank a season but that idea is better than what a lot of you are coming up with, DO NOT TRADE ANY ONE. Keep this team intact amnesty Boozer, then you sign back Korver and Taj. Will the team be great this year no but next year we probably have a high draft pick, we have taj signed up for the future, we still have a bench, a healthy derrick rose and good money to attract a real 2 guard.

Yeah we are just in a tough spot. We were built to win this year and next year and with Derrick not fully back for a full season what do you do? Its tough because we arent going to be lottery bad but we also arent going to be championship good. I could see us around the sixth seed next year which means we are just an ok team. Sooner or later decisons need to be made about players we think are key. Just gotta roll the dice. I personally have no idea what we should do

this is how stupid some fans are:

Rumors are that Kings apparently want a big man to pair with Cousins

To CHI: #2 (Robinson), Evans, RWilliams
To CHA: #5, CHA pick, Garcia
To SAC: Noah, #29, Future 1st, Carroll, $3m cash

Rose / MMLE
Evans / Hamiliton / Williams
Deng / Butler
Boozer / Taj
Robinson / Asik

I'll take Rose, Evans, Deng, Taj & TRob against whatever 5 Miami or OKC puts out there all day

Thomas Robinson: a 6'9-6'10" power forward to play center...
indifferent.gif

Rose / MMLE
Deng / Butler
Boozer / Taj
Robinson / Asik

I'll take Rose, Evans, Deng, Taj & TRob against whatever 5 Miami or OKC puts out there all day

indifferent.gif

when i read this on realgm i damn near spit out my water
roll.gif
roll.gif
 ...............I think the bulls either draft doron lamb or tyshawn taylor but I want us to draft tony wroten. 

... meanwhile rumors are out that OKC is seriously considering trading Harden for Cha #2 pick.

This is life?
tired.gif

Rose / MMLE
Deng / Butler
Boozer / Taj
Robinson / Asik

indifferent.gif

this is fine expect robinson will play pf

im all for trading up for drummand tho
nerd.gif

If we're not making a move to get a higher pick to bring in someone who can make an impact I really don't care who we draft.

ohwell.gif

“@KCJHoop: The Bulls drafted Teague without working him out personally at the Berto Center, evidence they were surprised he was available.

Back
Top Bottom