Chicago Bulls Season Thread 35-33 -- vs kings 3.21/3.23 vs knicks/3.24 knicks

It literally looks like pick up ball when the bench is on the court.

Hats off to Butler but damn he gotta play all those minutes against the worst team in the league?

All those minutes are gonna catch up to him at the end of the season when he's needed most.

Pass Jimmy the hot sauce!

Thanks Jimmy for carrying the Bulls team over the 76er. Would've been a terrible loss.

doug & etwan the only ppl who showed up last night aside from jimmy

niko should've had his mins cut in 1/2 & that tik should've went to portis or elsewhere.. he was hurting us all last night

wonder the roto for tonight...jimmy cant play more than 30

It literally looks like pick up ball when the bench is on the court.

Hats off to Butler but damn he gotta play all those minutes against the worst team in the league?

All those minutes are gonna catch up to him at the end of the season when he's needed most.
This, back to back nights too, by the time of the playoffs dude would be so burnt, etwaun needs more min dude always shows up...

This dude right here got his money's worth.

Imagine being in an opponents arena, hostile environment, crowd antagonizing you, and your team getting beat down by 20+ points.....

Only to have your team come pull an epic comeback with one of the best singular performances by any player this season, and silence the crowd and hand them a heartbreaking defeat......

PRICELESS!!!!

I use to think Niko was "untouchable" but now that he's so one dimensional and not a very good player, I think he's a good asset for the Bulls to trade. 

I've waited my judgement on him and well, this is just an early judgement so far. 

Damn shame about JO :smh:

Same shoulder, Sounds like it might've separated.
Gotta feel for JO at this point, body ain't holding up too well these last couple of seasons.

It's not even that the Bulls can't beat the team in front of them. It's all within. They can't even beat themselves.

I knew we would struggle with this game. Once I saw that the mavs were shooting 25% from the field and only had 10 points in the paint and were only down 9 or 10, I knew we would lose to them cause of TO's and whats beginning to be become the norm of no defense.

Last edited:
Damn shame about JO :smh:

Same shoulder, Sounds like it might've separated.
Gotta feel for JO at this point, body ain't holding up too well these last couple of seasons.
Definitely, time too give young Bobby Portis a run, I think at this point we tired and just beat down already, sad too say we got a whole half a season and playoffs too go don't no how we gona hold up....

Like it or not, Derrick Rose has admitted this. 

Per the Chicago Tribune, Rose had this to say. “This is all part of the process. Coming into the season, I was just trying to play as many games as possible. Next year, that’s when I throw in my individual goals. But it’s all about getting a solid season under my belt, playing hard in the playoffs whenever we get there and along the way just being smart and really taking care of my body and pushing my teammates to be better.

This is what we are seeing as almost half of the season passed by. 

I can't say he's wrong for this or right for it, but I do understand where he's coming from. The other guys in the locker room needs development to get better and he is helping them to do just that. 

I was at the Bulls/Bucks game. I observed that Rose would go to Jimmy and talk to him about certain plays for the next run, unfortunately, Mirotic didn't follow through. 

It was a Jimmy butler baseline cut to the other side and get a post up, Mirotic didn't pass it to Jimmy. 

Off Topic:

Mirotic also missed like 2 straight 3's after the Bulls were able to get 3 offensive rebounds to close the 2nd quarter, he missed both and was clearly pissed but kicking the team's chair. Lol

The players had to calm him down.. 

sad Noah likely played his last game with the bulls. great player for us. bobby's time is now looking forward to seeing him continue his development onward and upward

My Bulls Anyalyis so far throughout the season / going forward.

Pau - averages a double double, but gives up a triple double on the other end. No effort defensively. Soft. Wants to opt out. He won't be part of this teams future after this season [emoji]10060[/emoji]

Jo- benched. Fred doesn't use him properly. Upcoming FA, team will prolly low ball him Outve respect. Injured. Comes back. Season ending injury. 50/50 chance at this point he's back on this team next year. Prolly will low ball him Outve respect to make it seem like we tried to resign him just like bears did Urlacher [emoji]10060[/emoji]

Butler- came in cocky. Hooping. But talks a lot. puts in the work, has shown he can keep scoring at a respectable level. Seems to be the organization new franchise player going forward. Gives it defensively. [emoji]9989[/emoji]

Niko- terrible defensively. Not as much a presence on the glass as we envisioned with his size and mobility. Terrible shot selection. Can't guard 3s not quick enough, too soft to hang with the 4s. Doesn't hit the 3 ball at a consistent clip. Gets taken Outve his game mentally easily. Lost his starting spot at the 4 and 3 already. May still have some value around the league if the Bulls feel they want to move on from him now while still young. [emoji]10060[/emoji]

Rose - well, What can u say. Finally had a offseason to himself to get right, first practice boom broken orbital bone. Had a terrible November. An improved December but still not great, January he's been right. Attacking more, started to pick the pace up after playing too slow to start this season, his 3 pt shot is still terrible, he needs to get to the line more, unfortunately he trying and refs keep Jerking him. He progressing and trending upwards and I can see he can still do it, just not sure if his body can handle doing it consistently anymore. arrow going up for him. But then again, he only got 1 more year wit us and Bulls might go the Noah route with him as well. Hope not but nothing would surprise me anymore . [emoji]11014[/emoji]️

Snell - too inconsistent. Not the player they expected him to be honestly. Hits some 3s one game then doesn't score for 3 games in a row. Playing scared still. And the fact he has no trade value being so young shows teams he really isn't anything of importance. Might not be apart of the future with this team [emoji]10060[/emoji]

Brooks - he a gun. Sometimes can't even get off the bench but he is what he is at this point a backup PG who will always work off 1-2 year deals. Going towards the future he's not apart of ours. [emoji]10060[/emoji]

Hinrich- for what he's given us he's been a great surprise at this age, but his days limited in the NBA at this point. Will make for a great coach maybe with this team down the line. As his contract coming up end of this year and doubt he plays with any other team now. Thank you Cap![emoji]9989[/emoji]

Portis- rookie year, his energy A1. Ain't scared. Can score. It's his time to show what he can do now wit Jo done.[emoji]9989[/emoji]

Dougie- hasn't knocked down the 3 as consistently as they thought. Defensively he's a liability, but has gotten better at it if that means anything. Just like snell, he hasn't taken advantage of the fact Dunleavy has been out of the lineup all year to solidify getting big minutes or being a starter in this league. Like Niko, may be value for him in the league trade wise, Bulls have to explore it. But unfortunately for what they gave up in the draft to get him: 3 draft picks total 2 being first round picks that turned out to be Gary Harris Jr a more versitile ball handler and surprisingly more consistent shooter than Doug and is averaging 11pts per game in his second year compared to 8ppg by Doug. 2nd pick was Jusef Nurkic, tall young center averaging 9 and 7 so far in year 2. Plus a 2nd round draft pick. Bulls gave up a lot for a player to only get 15 min a game [emoji]10060[/emoji]

Barstow - [emoji]10060[/emoji]

Etwan - solid backup PG. crafty, can score and get his own shot off at times. I like him should be on the team next year [emoji]9989[/emoji]

Dunleavy - back surgery at 35, might not never be the same being that his game is predicated on running around screens and jump shooting. Signed em to a 3 year 15 mil deal and who knows how he'll respond [emoji]10060[/emoji]

Taj - for what he gets paid (steal of a price at 8mil per deal) and coming off that injury he's been solid for us. Was a boost to our front court when taking over for Niko. Has the most value of any big right now, sadly might have to trade em but if not he's good for us and has 1 more year left. [emoji]9989[/emoji]

Outlook: I felt with this team at 100% we still didn't have enough "firepower" to compete with the Cavs, we still needed to add a viable scorer to this mixture. We still have WAY too many scoring droughts. Championship teams don't go 6-7 minutes without scoring CONSISTENTLY. Drop too many easy games. Don't play with enough fire. Wonder if the injuries to Derrick and Jo and trading Lu really took the fire and heart out of the main Core. It's evident we need change. Spurs / warriors / Cavs all better than us, so what are we playing for? To be a top 4 team but not win ****? Have to consider making trades to reshape the Org that way in 2017 we ain't starting from scratch but just adding final pieces, it's the sad reality .

free agents after this season:

Pau, Jo, Kirk, Brooks.

Projected salary space #20mil

Needs: get YOUNGER. GET YOUNGER GET YOUNGER. GET ATHLETIC. GET ATHLETIC GET ATHLETIC. Young Center, Athletic Wing, Better backup PG.

My top Targets:

Harrison Barnes
Nicolas Butum
Hassan Whiteside

Pretty good analysis, I'm sure most of us will agree on most of your evaluations.

While I tend to think that Dougie is trending upwards, I wholeheartedly agree that this was a bad pick by Gar/Pax just based on the picks we traded up to get him. Hindsight is 20/20....no point in crying over spilled milk.

I still believe that there's value in Noah's expiring contract as a salary dump for another team.
Niko hit that sophomore slump pretty hard, but it just takes a few games for him to get hot and raise his value again...he just has to find his place with that second unit.
Pau, Taj, and Dougie are good trade bait as well.

Everyone not named Butler should be on the table.

Rose must've taken that last game against Reggie personal...cause he cooking right now to close this game out. :nthat: :nthat:

Warriors
Celtics
Cavs
Heat
Lakers
Clippers
Jazz
Kings

This could go 6-2/5-3 could also go 1-7....

Decent outing tonight in the weekly trap game tho

excited for tonights game, forget all the losses against garbage teams. if the bulls get up for this one and compete it will show a lot.

if dunleavy can come back and be effective by the playoffs, i think we have a shot against cle. he's exactly what we need at the 3, will provide the consistency and toughness that both snell/doug lack.

Back
Top Bottom