**CHIEF KEEF**

Its really.

I dont know what its gonna take, but its gonna have to take a massive movement to take back the streets. Parents, families, communities gonna have to come together and wallk the streets every night, Increase the amount of cops...ALL KINDS OF S!!!!

kids out here getting killed, KIDS. smh

it's not rap beef at all. it's dudes banging since they were 12 and rapping is a second thought.
it's savage out here minneapolis/chicago and other midwest cities. we had kids in high school getting killed for throwing down gd. the **** is out of control here sometimes.
my advice to keef would be to move away from the midwest if he doesn't want to get killed.
Bingo..

It's real life gang street ish first...The fact they all rap is just a coincidence. 

3 days before dude was murdered. FB convo
A2EtSrrCAAAkPRq.jpg
Damn..
jeez thats disheartening
[h3] [/h3]

Out of courisity how? I haven't heard of this guy so I don't have much info on him. But he isn't THAT popular and it looks like he haven't dropped an ALBUM yet, so on what basis is he considered a "cashchow"?

lol you don't get it.

he just signed to Interscope.

Jimmy Iovine. You familiar with his track record?

You may not see it from where you type, but he can most definitely be considered one of many of Interscopes/Jimmy Iovine's "cash cow's"

Google, my g.

lol you don't get it.
he just signed to Interscope.
Jimmy Iovine. You familiar with his track record?
You may not see it from where you type, but he can most definitely be considered one of many of Interscopes/Jimmy Iovine's "cash cow's"
Google, my g.
Once again HOW..Just because he is signed to Jimmy he is considered a cash cow? What has he done which proved to be lucrative to Jimmy..Everyone keeps saying hes a cashcow, hes a cashcow, but provides no evidence
frown.gif

Once again HOW..Just because he is signed to Jimmy he is considered a cash cow? What has he done which proved to be lucrative to Jimmy..Everyone keeps saying hes a cashcow, hes a cashcow, but provides no evidence :(

trap-buzz.

thats it.

exploitationxheavybuzz=heavy cashflow

abundance of cashflow=cash cow.

Jimmylovesbeef.

Last edited:
it's not rap beef at all. it's dudes banging since they were 12 and rapping is a second thought.

it's savage out here minneapolis/chicago and other midwest cities. we had kids in high school getting killed for throwing down gd. the **** is out of control here sometimes.

my advice to keef would be to move away from the midwest if he doesn't want to get killed.

Bingo..

It's real life gang street ish first...The fact they all rap is just a coincidence. 

Exactly. The fact that they rap just puts their real life activities out to the public. This is the behavior they grew up watching, mimicing, and now living. That isn't going to just change because they have a record deal. Hell its actually likely to make it worst because people will try them and they will feel the need to prove themselves.

[h1]Anger over Chief Keef’s Tweet mocking rival’s murder explodes online[/h1]
By KIM JANSSEN  AND MARK KONKOL Staff Reporters September 6, 2012 9:11PM
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Chief Keef at Pitchfork 2012. Photo credit: Andrea Bauer

[h4]Related Stories[/h4]
Updated: September 7, 2012 9:42AM

Two days after he took to Twitter to mock the murder of a rival teenage gangster rapper, Chief Keef Thursday faced a massive backlash of online outrage.

Thousands of commenters — many sickened by the gang culture helping to drive Chicago’s spike in shootings and murders — used Twitter and Facebook to spell out their disgust at the violent culture Keef’s raps represent.

The backlash came in a flurry — a Tweet every five seconds for most of Thursday.

“I’m deleting Chief Keef from my iTunes & will never support his career,” Tweeted @AwedByClaud. “You don’t laugh at someone’s deth! You look guilty as hell dumbass!”

Other Tweeters called for Interscope Records, the label of rappers Dr. Dre, 50 Cent and Eminem, to drop Chief Keef from its lineup of artists.

Interscope bosses are waiting to see if police determine Chief Keef sent the offending Tweet, or if he was involved in the gang conflict leading to the murder before deciding the rapper’s future, a source close to the label told the Chicago Sun-Times.

“If the reported behavior is accurate, that is not something the label will tolerate and they will take appropriate action,” the source said. “There are a lot of unanswered questions.”

Chicago-based music website Pitchfork.com didn’t wait to take action. Its editor apologized for a video interview with Chief Keef conducted in a gun range and removed it from the website.

‘Trivializing gun violence’

“Pitchfork’s roots are in Chicago and many of our employees and several contributors live in the city. The horror of the gun violence that has plagued our hometown is something we all take very seriously,” Pitchfork Editor in Chief Mark Richardson said in a statement. “Many people have pointed out that this episode could be seen as trivializing gun violence, and we feel they have a good point.”

The manager for Chief Keef — whose real name is Keith Cozart, 17 — didn’t return calls seeking comment.

The Twitter controversy that now threatens Chief Keef’s rap career — and again places Chicago’s spike in shootings in the national spotlight — began just hours after the murder of Joseph “Lil JoJo” Coleman, a South Side rap rival.

Coleman was shot dead Tuesday night near 69th and Princeton, about a block from where Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson grew up and where her family was slain in 2008.

Soon after Coleman died, Chief Keef’s Twitter account carried a message saying, “Its Sad Cuz Dat N----- Jojo Wanted to Be Jus Like Us #LMAO.” LMAO stands for “laughing my *** off.”

While Chief Keef took a beating online Thursday, Chicago police continued to investigate possible connections between social media posts by a group of feuding gangster rappers, an ongoing Englewood gang conflict and Coleman’s murder.

Tweeted his location

One of Coleman’s own Tweets might have helped his killers track his whereabouts. The rapper, who grew up nearby, Tweeted his location just hours before he was shot dead.

“Im on #069 Im Out Here,” he Tweeted, then gave a cellphone number to another Twitter user who expressed doubts that Coleman had traveled to Englewood from his home in Altgeld Gardens.

He was riding on the back of a pal’s bike around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday when a gunman fired six or seven shots, fatally striking him in the back.

With rumors of a bounty on Coleman’s head circulating on the street, it seemed the inevitable outcome of an escalating war of words and teenage bravado, witnesses and family said.

Coleman had been taunting rap associates of Chief Keef’s — Lil Durk and Lil Reese — for months in Youtube “diss” raps and videos that also targeted the Black Disciples street gang.

Police sources say they’ve been monitoring an ongoing feud between the Lamron faction of the Black Disciples and Brick Squad faction of the Gangster Disciples for months.

Many of Chief Keef’s Tweets include a hashtag notation “#300” — a known reference to the Black Disciples, and police are looking into his possible ties to the gang.

The rapper spent time under house arrest at his grandmother’s home after he allegedly pointed a gun at a police officer in the Gresham District late last year, police said.

Coleman, too, was arrested last year on a gun charge — one he was due to stand trial for in just two weeks. He allegedly dropped a .45 caliber handgun from the belt of his baggy pants while running away from a police raid of a party attended by members of the Gangster Disciples, court records show.

Police on the street Thursday night were still looking for Coleman’s killer.

Englewood District officers also were using information from a gang audit database — part of police Supt. Garry McCarthy’s data-based violence reduction strategy — to identify known criminals and their associates connected to the shooting in attempt to prevent retaliatory shootings.

No one was in custody late Thursday.
[h1]Retracting the Chief Keef "Selector" Video[/h1][h4]By Mark Richardson on September 6, 2012 at 02:58 p.m.[/h4]

•  
  •  
  •  

"Selector" is a Pitchfork.tv show in which we interview rappers and watch them freestyle over beats. We often try to conduct these shows in unusual locations, and several months ago we interviewed Chief Keef at a gun range in New York City. This concept was rushed and never should have happened. We're proud of the "Selector" series as a whole and its production will continue, but this particular episode was insensitive and irresponsible.

Pitchfork's roots are in Chicago and many of our employees and several contributors live in the city. The horror of the gun violence that has plagued our hometown is something we all take very seriously. Many people have pointed out that this episode could be seen as trivializing gun violence, and we feel they have a good point.

Given recent news regarding the shooting of Chicago rapper Lil Jojo and the investigation of people involved in Chicago's rap scene, this seems like the right time to express our regrets regarding that episode. We apologize for this mistake and have removed the video from our archives.

This whole situation is a reality show. A real reality show. These are real kids in real hoods shooting real guns making real videos/music. We even see the tweets/facebook convos before and after murders. This should be a rude awakening. This isn't nothing new but now you can't turn your head and look the other way. This situation should be a Shawn Kemp dunk in the face of politicians, community leaders, and police.

And why was Twista in that Traffic video? :{ C'mon fam you too old to be out there co-signing this. I mean I understand being proud of some youngins from your hood making it but don't be out there gooning it up.

trap-buzz.
thats it.
exploitationxheavybuzz=heavy cashflow
abundance of cashflow=cash cow.

Jimmylovesbeef.
I don't know man, it looks like people are trying to dissociate themselves from this kid..He looks more like a liability to the label than a cash cow at this point

I don't know man, it looks like people are trying to dissociate themselves from this kid..He looks more like a liability to the label than a cash cow at this point

:lol Are you serious? The white people at interscope are rubbing their hands like Birdman at this point. Do you know how many people learned who Chief Keef was this past week? Dudes name is buzzing. If they play this right he gonna make some rich people even richer.

This whole situation is a reality show. A real reality show. These are real kids in real hoods shooting real guns making real videos/music. We even see the tweets/facebook convos before and after murders. This should be a rude awakening. This isn't nothing new but now you can't turn your head and look the other way. This situation should be a Shawn Kemp dunk in the face of politicians, community leaders, and police.
And why was Twista in that Traffic video? :{ C'mon fam you too old to be out there co-signing this. I mean I understand being proud of some youngins from your hood making it but don't be out there gooning it up.

A real reality show is an excellent way of putting this in perspective. I just think there is going to be more bloodshed before it's all said and done. These dudes dont respect anyone or themselves. Straight disregard for just about everything.

Chief Keef's manager is 17? :{

You got to be kidding me :{

I don't think it's fair to soley blame Chief Keef and make him the scapegoat.
keef isnt the reason for like the past 100 murders but keef association with bd is the reason jojo dead it could have been the other way around and it would be jojo's fault the fact that they claim they are killing each other is the reason there in hot water.

laugh.gif
Are you serious? The white people at interscope are rubbing their hands like Birdman at this point. Do you know how many people learned who Chief Keef was this past week? Dudes name is buzzing. If they play this right he gonna make some rich people even richer.
roll.gif
I'm done with you dudes
mean.gif

I'm sure he's getting some nice show money, but unless he signed a 360 deal Interscope probably hasn't seen much of a return if any on their investment so far. Dude is taking his tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmme to drop "Finally Rich"

His manager isn't 17. That was a very poor editing job. Keef's age and name could have been placed elsewhere in the article.

Back
Top Bottom