**CHIEF KEEF**

And another thing...Lupe dont get that much respect or love in the Chi...not because hes 'lyrical' and came on a decade late....Lupe is just like all young black males from the area who are looking to prove themselves. He just does it different. Imho...this dude gets a fix off of being someone who thinks hes smarter and wiser than other cats. He tries too hard to go over peoples heads cause it makes him feel better about himself...and a lot of people, whether its in the hood or corporate america, look at that as lame. Calling another cat 'scary' on the radio after the dude is poppin is lame. Like someone said...he would be 1 call or 2 gallons of petro away. Saying you gonna quit rap is just a way to say 'Hey...im a nba player...i dont wanna play in your rucker tournament with these streetballera.' He aint fooling no one and wont be missed. Thats why he aint poppin.

You need to just stop dude. Lupe has his own style. Just cuz he aint rappin like other dudes in the hood dont make him a lame.

And im not saying its right. I went to Isu to leave and gain something better for me. And I knew thats what i wanted when i was like 10. 'Kids' in Chicago aint lost....its just a region that seems to just love hood ****. Its been like that since forever. They know what they doing.
Then what the **** ARE you sayin?  Absolutely nothing from my perspective, because I just feel dumber after reading your sentiments.  How you can even begin to suggest that because the youth seem to "love" the hood lifestyle and they're doing it on purpose, that they are somehow fulfilling their purpose, and they aren't lost?  "We ain't thugs for the sake of just being thugs...nobody do that where we grew at N' duh."

These dudes are beyond lost.  

Im telling yall how it is. If you dont like it, do something about it. But dont get mad at reality. How can you be a kid...see someone get killed, and still choose to bang? The average kid would be shooked. A 30 year old making the same decision..
is he lost or is that just what he is? ****...i was shook so i chose a different path at 10.

Like I said...i think ive already pinpointed the confusion. Some of you are just taking your view or experience on childhood and defining that as whats a kid in these hoods in the crib. Yall having sympathy when i guarantee 1 week living there would strip you of it. Yall have to look at a Chicago 13 year old like that 30 year old. By the time i was 9...i knew what a pack was, i already had my Johnson wet, could roll a blunt, knew chicago like a gps, and had friendd who were out of highschool. At 9 did you have a ***** who even went to middle school?

Look at the videos...lil dudes driving cameros and cars yall hope to have after college. Lil Stevie was that dude in my hood growing up. When you go by his spot...dude was like 11 or 12...when you go by his house, it wasnt his mamas house. It wasnt his dads spot. It was Lil Stevies spot...his mom just lived there and cooked for him. 12 year old out on the corner late at night...having chicks swing thru. Up at gas station parking lots and at the taste as if he was 25. Adults would talk to Stevie like an adult.

Thats why the Lil Mouse thread is funny to me. I bet lil dude is that dude and his moms and uncle just along for the ride.

Last edited:
Fam you are ******g delusional

These ****** aren't out here from the age of 5 like I wanna be a thug... Everything around them leads them towards that life, you have parents who are smoked out and still living in a life in the streets, A FAILED and flawed school system, Neighborhoods filled with nothing but ignorance and violence you not choosing that life its been chosen for you.

Every kid in the chi doesnt have the ability to just pickup and leave everything they know and just move by the age of 10:rolleyes. I grew up in the hoods of the BX so trust me i know the mentality of children can be flawed as an adult however, it's not by there own choice. If all you ever see is kill, rob, drugs then WTF you think is going to happen. choices are slim out here and if you have no real logical adults around you your just waiting to get toe tagged sooner rather than later.

Keef being the one that the kids look up too is scarier than a grown man rapping like that because children are directly lookin at their peer and believing this is how you should act if you want to be successful or "cool". This lil ***** is borderline ******ed

Im telling yall how it is. If you dont like it, do something about it. But dont get mad at reality. How can you be a kid...see someone get killed, and still choose to bang? The average kid would be shooked. A 30 year old making the same decision..
is he lost or is that just what he is? ****...i was shook so i chose a different path at 10.
Like I said...i think ive already pinpointed the confusion. Some of you are just taking your view or experience on childhood and defining that as whats a kid in these hoods in the crib. Yall having sympathy when i guarantee 1 week living there would strip you of it. Yall have to look at a Chicago 13 year old like that 30 year old. By the time i was 9...i knew what a pack was, i already had my Johnson wet, could roll a blunt, knew chicago like a gps, and had friendd who were out of highschool. At 9 did you have a ***** who even went to middle school?
Look at the videos...lil dudes driving cameros and cars yall hope to have after college. Lil Stevie was that dude in my hood growing up. When you go by his spot...dude was like 11 or 12...when you go by his house, it wasnt his mamas house. It wasnt his dads spot. It was Lil Stevies spot...his mom just lived there and cooked for him. 12 year old out on the corner late at night...having chicks swing thru. Up at gas station parking lots and at the taste as if he was 25. Adults would talk to Stevie like an adult.

Thats why the Lil Mouse thread is funny to me. I bet lil dude is that dude and his moms and uncle just along for the ride.

I think the confusion with us is.... you say you made the decision not to be apart of it at 10. Yet , and correct me if I'm wrong, you seem to be CONDONING the behavior. I'm tryna understand exactly what side of the fence you are on. Right is right, and wrong is wrong--- regardless of what you "grew up in ".

Me personally I think it's a shame a 12 year old has to live like a grown man. Reality or not. I understand if that's what you have to do but that doesn't mean I have to think it's right.

And another thing...Lupe dont get that much respect or love in the Chi...not because hes 'lyrical' and came on a decade late....Lupe is just like all young black males from the area who are looking to prove themselves. He just does it different. Imho...this dude gets a fix off of being someone who thinks hes smarter and wiser than other cats. He tries too hard to go over peoples heads cause it makes him feel better about himself...and a lot of people, whether its in the hood or corporate america, look at that as lame. Calling another cat 'scary' on the radio after the dude is poppin is lame. Like someone said...he would be 1 call or 2 gallons of petro away. Saying you gonna quit rap is just a way to say 'Hey...im a nba player...i dont wanna play in your rucker tournament with these streetballera.' He aint fooling no one and wont be missed. Thats why he aint poppin.

Been saying this for YEARS. He stays talking about how he wants to help the people, but fails to realize the people he needs to help aren't bright enough to understand wth he's talking about in his songs.

A true sign of intelligence is when you can communicate your message to the geniuses and idiots at the same time. Lu has never been able to do that.

It's not about "dumbing it down" its about crafting your lyrics so the people who need to hear your message actually understand it.

Im not condoing the behavior at all. Please read. Where in my post did I up the lifestyle. I have a skewed view of kids now. Theres a 28 year old in the chi telling a 14 year old he dont want no smoke! Like I said...1 week and the hatred of a 10 year old and his movements would turn your opinion.

The thing is that in chicago...at 9 and 10...kids talk about 'im gonna leave the hood one day'. I do agree it is the upbringing. I do agree that its the environment. But in the environment of chicago...lil dudes aint looking up to adults...they looking up to a cat whos 2 years older than them. Hell its a 18 year old who thinks a cat at 13 is the cooler than him. Thats the confusion. I dont think some of yall understand how knowledgeable the 11 year olds are.

Been saying this for YEARS. He stays talking about how he wants to help the people, but fails to realize the people he needs to help aren't bright enough to understand wth he's talking about in his songs.
A true sign of intelligence is when you can communicate your message to the geniuses and idiots at the same time. Lu has never been able to do that.
It's not about "dumbing it down" its about crafting your lyrics so the people who need to hear your message actually understand it.

Why can't he make intelligent music with complex lyrics and then in real life donate time and money and speak to people in the hood. It sounds foolish to judge his rap style and delivery.

Im not condoing the behavior at all. Please read. Where in my post did I up the lifestyle. I have a skewed view of kids now. Theres a 28 year old in the chi telling a 14 year old he dont want no smoke! Like I said...1 week and the hatred of a 10 year old and his movements would turn your opinion.
The thing is that in chicago...at 9 and 10...kids talk about 'im gonna leave the hood one day'. I do agree it is the upbringing. I do agree that its the environment. But in the environment of chicago...lil dudes aint looking up to adults...they looking up to a cat whos 2 years older than them. Hell its a 18 year old who thinks a cat at 13 is the cooler than him. Thats the confusion. I dont think some of yall understand how knowledgeable the 11 year olds are.

I DID read.... and the way you are saying it, you seem "ok" with it.

But you not condoning it, ok. cool.

The ***** would literally have to rap like waka in order to get through to cats like keef. anything that isn't about a chopper, crack, or killing ****** aint tryna hear it. It's sad to say but alot of these dudes have no chance at recovering from that life they are so deep in it that buy the age of 14-15 these lil ****** already have there names booked in a morgue or a cage:smh:

gimme a pac type dude over lupe any day of the week.

same reason why i never really went crazy over jay , son is damn robot with emotion's .....whenever he talks about a chick

on some personal ish i get uncomfortable cus my dude is so damn awkward with the emotions , pac understood how not to

sound like wacka flocka or spit quadruple entendre only kids in advanced english at some private school in ocean county is 

going to get ..... if what your rapping doesn't resonate with your people then your lyrics dont mean a DAMN thing , all these

kids can decipher from a lupe song is the 3-4 name brands he drops on any song and all they know is kill.....so at the end of the day they

ready to put a bullet in your head over that designer belt or those pradas.

meanwhile lupe sitting there thinking he made a change on some "i flipped shy/chicago with  chi latte , and the coffee been that makes

coffee comes thru the surface of mother nature"......bruh..........****bwtbs your people are killing themselves

im cuban/venezuelan btw 
laugh.gif

my parents listen to salsa and at the end of the day it resonates with them as much hip hop does to alot of us

as goofy as it may sound to yall or rap might sound to them , you should never "go over" peoples head to the point

where your message isnt getting across. thats what spoken word/poetry is for .......then again you cant afford

japanese figurines and japanese denim doing poetry most of the time 
grin.gif

I DID read.... and the way you are saying it, you seem "ok" with it.
But you not condoning it, ok. cool.

No...my whole point from my very firat post in this thread, was that theres no saving that area or people from doing what they want. I felt there was a lack of respect because of their age, when in reality....they actually know what they are doing. The same crossroads a 18 or 19 year comes to is the crossroads a 8 and 9 year old has up there. I really do feel that majority of them love that street ****. Maybe it could actually be a mix of the environment AND the dna of cats in the region. I really do feel that way.

Its funny cause the first cat who got at me was HarlemtotheBronx...i remember this cat on ********. People didnt know bc i wouldnt tell it...but i was like 9 years old cracking jokes and nonsense when BroadStreetBully first had HT poppin off.

The youth in Chicago are smart enough from right and wrong because they learn at a very young age grown up problems. The evolution has now led it to where a 11 year old has that juice in him to be the man of his block. You dont think hes smart enough to know that killing someone is horrible? Thats why no...a young dude or female cant pick up and leave, but like I said...all of them know right from wrong. I think its in a lot of their dna to like wrong for some reason. Just a evolution of smarter young cats who can adapt and thrive at a younger age.

Why can't he make intelligent music with complex lyrics and then in real life donate time and money and speak to people in the hood. It sounds foolish to judge his rap style and delivery.

And you sound foolish to think the Chief Keef's and Lil Reese's of chicago are going to listen to Lupe even if he did donate his time. These kids in the hood look at Lupe as a complete and total weirdo, there's nothing about him that they can connect to, therefore even if he were to go in the hood nobody's gonna to be trying to hear him. I'm not saying this is how it should be, but it's the reality.

If his goal is REALLY to connect with the people that need help you have to bring your message to their level, and show them you're the same as they are, but you made it out and became successful.

I'm not saying if he changes his approach he'll reach every one of these kids, I know that's not possible. But I guarantee you they way he's going about it now, his message we'll reach nobody in the hood and he'll completely alienate himself from those that need to hear him the most.

That's all I'm trying to say.

ill admit hes garbage but then again what else is this kid going to talk about this is all he knows he's 17 has a kid and has been busted for gun charges,hes a product of his environment but what i dont condone is giving him a deal to spew his trash to poison therest of the youth naww mean..but this is where the music is and this is what the kids are eating up waka souljah boy lil b music is being basically taken over by trolls..

I think thats the problem in our community as a whole.

Grown a_ men and women acting like and looking up to children.

Never been like that before.

_s in their second childhood as a whole.

hes raw, that's why he got a deal. rap been about violence since 1990, all of a sudden cats wanna kick the ladder and not let new kids get some shine :rolleyes

But rap hasnt been about murdering people over youtube videos, and hopping on twitter glorifying it. You're really cool with all of this, REALLY? You really dont have a problem with people getting murdered? Tell me more.....

4posite ..... you buggin with treating cats like adults when they're 9 & 10.

People at any age can still be impressionable, a product of their environments and get into the wrong thing.

In 5 years you gonna look back on yourself today and notice significant changes.

A preteen ain't eem physically developed yet, much less mentally and emotionally.

_s ain't evolving, they devolving due to a lack of leadership in our hoods.

People at any age can still be impressionable, a product of their environments and get into the wrong thing.
In 5 years you gonna look back on yourself today and notice significant changes.
A preteen ain't eem physically developed yet, much less mentally and emotionally.

|I

The crazy part is you're so right. I was having this conversation with my boy when I was at work in the shoe store. Most of the kids who came in were 9-10 years old, and were in charge of their younger brothers and sisters. I was saying that a 10 year old shouldnt have to be in charge of other kids, a 10 year old should be running around, doing kid stuff and being reprimanded by responsible adults...NOT having to play the role of that adult.

who is the guy with the cross above his nose? He got a facebook or instagram?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom