Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

china has a chance to be the superpower by... maybe 2200

$34g in 2050 ain't gonna cut it .. lol

ya'll really wish this was trollin, but it's the fact.

deal with it. china and superpower will not go together while you're living.

oh yeah this +!@! was from goldman sachs
roll.gif

Stop while you're WAY behind.

Do you understand what GDP and GDP Per Capita are? China has the second largest GDP in the world. It also has a population of 1.3 billion. So yes, per capita is currently low but they are indeed the next world power. Also, I'd like to point out growth in GDP Per Capita using your chart. In 45 years, China's GDP Per Capita multiplies twenty-two times while the US doubles it's GDP Per Capita. That's more telling then the figure itself.

I'll make an admission. The gap between rich and poor in China is huge. There are still tons of people living in rural villages and are in poverty. That is a fact. This summer, I went to China and taught English in a rural village in Fujian province for a month. I got a first hand look at poverty in China.

But here is where you have to break from everything else you think to be true. China has only modernized for 30 years. It's economy is in it's infancy compared to Western countries. How long has the US had to modernize? China also has a population of 1.3 billion people. That's a fifth of the world's population in one country. What's going on right now in China is unprecedented. So while China is developing, faster than any nation ever, it has to grapple with the disparity between the rich and the poor. Never has a country advanced this quickly so how China tackles that issue in the coming years is going to be very interesting to see.

China will be the top superpower within the next decade. Bet on it.

LOL! china is growing 20x but that's because china has lot of weaknesses and holes.. 
countries that are in G7 aren't growing alot because THEY'RE ALREADY DEVELOPED.

idiot.

china's per capita is currently low and it will be low for awhile. don't get your hopes up. 

already have posted this: http://www.newsweek.com/2010/08/15/interactive-infographic-of-the-worlds-best-countries.html

try to read when i post some useful information. it helps.

and now if china is not even ranked top 50, how is china the next superpower? 

dudes are just looking at gdp and hopefully that will be the only answer. be real, only reason china is no.2 is because of their population.

china has lot of issues, what about their politics? health? education? their quality of life is dismal like i said. no one wants to look up to china and learn from them.

only thing we can learn from China is their cheap labor. oh wait, what about their low quality products? is that what superpower does? lol

i mean, who would actually wanna move to China and attain their citizenship?

not trying to hurt ya'll, but just stating the 100% truth. that's what i like to do, i dont care about others' emotions and %$$!. i really don't. i just want to state the fact.

seems like some of ya'll have pride and %$$!, that's good but come on now

end this now

China is not growing at a 20x pace because of "weaknesses and holes". What the hell kind of explanation is that? Compare it to your highly touted Brazil or India, none of which are growing at quite that pace even though they're on similar levels. No one is debating that China isn't a developing country but you seem to be hell bent on putting it down in comparison to the rest of the developed world though. Funny, no?
You're saying it's because of China's population that they're #2 in GDP, which makes no sense since GDP doesn't take into account population. Once again exposing your inability to grasp simple concepts. Ironically, you also say China is not in the top 50 of that list of "world's best countries" and my answer to that would also be to point out China's population. GDP Per Capita is low, and will stay low relative to US standards, because they have so many people. That DOESN'T mean they're "poor" or in "poverty". A lot of people in China RIGHT NOW are living in poverty but things will take a turn for the better in the next decade. Just because GDP Per Capita is low in relation to the US doesn't mean they won't be living comfortably. I don't think you understand the concept of cost of living. 
You ramble on about how China has a lot of issues. And? Like every country is picture perfect with no issues of their own. Look at your own country before pointing out the faults in others.

I don't know if you're just #$$+@*$ with everyone by trying to put together an argument (emphasis on trying) but please keep it coming. You say you're just stating facts when your entire block of text is just opinions and hypotheticals. Was that Newsweek graphic suppose to bolster your argument even though it's about the present and not a single person has said China is at the top yet? How is anyone suppose to take you seriously? You're making yourself look more and more ignorant with every keystroke.

if china's population was only about 100m, no way china would be no.2 in GDP.
like i said, everyone knows their no.2 in GDP because of their 1billiion population.

just look at the list of gdp's...northern european countries are all wealthy. but their gdp isn't high...why? because of their low population..easy as abc my friend

don't let highrises in shanghai fool you... lol

if more than half of population are having trouble eating, no way i'm gonna call china wealthy...simple

the newsweek link shows how china is no where near being developed = aka poor. deal with it.

look at the rank, countries in top 20... you know those countries are wealthy, not suffering from poverty 
laugh.gif

question though, are you Chinese?
GDP, or Gross Domestic Product, has absolutely no correlation with population. GDP is determined by factoring in consumption, government spending, gross investments, and excess exports. If you knew that, and obviously you don't, you'd understand the reason why China has a high GDP and why those developed European countries don't. 
That Newsweek piece is about the present. No one is talking about the present except you.

I'm not even going to entertain your assertions of the Chinese "having trouble eating". Western media
pimp.gif
. We're all dumber for having read what you wrote.
yes all those aspects are directly related to the amount of people.
and lol@ no one is talking about the present except you...thats what im trying to say. aka china right now is poor ... the present ... by borrowing "current" ideas from the newsweek...

and analyzing future gdp data from goldman sachs.. 

but you and your friends got butt-hurt after reading my pin-pointing facts.. all 100% true

oh yeah, you still haven't answered my question, let me know

and lol@ no one is talking about the present except you...thats what im trying to say. aka china right now is poor ... the present ... by borrowing "current" ideas from the newsweek...

but you and your friends got butt-hurt after reading my pin-pointing facts.. all 100% true

I shouldnt be responding to your trolling, but eh, here it goes.

No they're not.
No they're not.
No they're not.

If you're gonna troll, at least make yourself sound smart
wink.gif

I shouldnt be responding to your trolling, but eh, here it goes.

No they're not.
No they're not.
No they're not.

If you're gonna troll, at least make yourself sound smart
wink.gif

This may be the worst troll attempt I've seen on this board in a while.

China is not the next superpower? Brazil > China? Let's forget about just economics for a while (which is funny since China's may arguably be the strongest in the world right now)

What country is one of five permanent members of the UN Security Council? What country has the largest military in the world? What country is one of 9 to have nuclear capability? *#+#, what country has the highest number of internet and cell phone users?

Hint: it ain't Brazil.

While we're on it, why don't we ask the US Treasury department about how China has the US by the balls with $1 trillion in government debt? Pretty sure the only the thing the US has to be afraid of coming from Brazil is its soccer team.

And since when did a country's population count against it? If a country with 1.3 billion is able to maintain a skyrocketing economy and adequately manage to feed its population (btw, 'more than half of population are having trouble eating'? ok buddy
laugh.gif
), all while maintaining the highest level of influence of any country not named the US over global economics and politics, I'd say that's a testament to the country's strength in itself.

This may be the worst troll attempt I've seen on this board in a while.

China is not the next superpower? Brazil > China? Let's forget about just economics for a while (which is funny since China's may arguably be the strongest in the world right now)

What country is one of five permanent members of the UN Security Council? What country has the largest military in the world? What country is one of 9 to have nuclear capability? *#+#, what country has the highest number of internet and cell phone users?

Hint: it ain't Brazil.

While we're on it, why don't we ask the US Treasury department about how China has the US by the balls with $1 trillion in government debt? Pretty sure the only the thing the US has to be afraid of coming from Brazil is its soccer team.

And since when did a country's population count against it? If a country with 1.3 billion is able to maintain a skyrocketing economy and adequately manage to feed its population (btw, 'more than half of population are having trouble eating'? ok buddy
laugh.gif
), all while maintaining the highest level of influence of any country not named the US over global economics and politics, I'd say that's a testament to the country's strength in itself.

^lmao, this tool ready to go to war or what....nuclear capability? really? lol

read everything i've posted...including sources

come on jwong, i said brazil > china, by looking at the newsweek's best countries rank... not the population lol

never against china population, but thats the only reason gdp is no.2.. all others are dismal... jwong, i said more than half of people having trouble eating as in they're poor...obviously these people got something to eat somehow lol..

yes you can say 1.3 billion population can be your country's strength...but not when they can't feed their people lol...

agree that more than half of china population = poor? yes if more than half are poor then china is poor simple as that

look im not a racist, i have a few chinese frineds from china...and only like 1% pop. of china can afford to come to us.. and yes, only those are rich...the international ones.... not so much on americanized chinese.... i know this b/c those international ones tell me how china still has a LONG WAY to go.. so many people are suffering, which is unfortunate...it's unfortunate that theres a good chance that china will be the next russia...trend looks very similar... breaking into many countries...too much conflict within the country
china learned how to cover their weaknesses with high-rises in shanghai and beijing...trying to make themselves look modern...but that's just a cover up...that's only 1%...yes china is growing and growing, but if majority of people are suffering, that's not adequate of being superpower...i'm saying china can be superpower.. not within 50years,, but maybe by 2200 who knows...feels like im going against 1 billion people right now lol

who should i listen to? people from china who happen to study same material as i do or americanized chinese who likes to look at shoes?

idiot.

^lmao, this tool ready to go to war or what....nuclear capability? really? lol

read everything i've posted...including sources

come on jwong, i said brazil > china, by looking at the newsweek's best countries rank... not the population lol

never against china population, but thats the only reason gdp is no.2.. all others are dismal... jwong, i said more than half of people having trouble eating as in they're poor...obviously these people got something to eat somehow lol..

yes you can say 1.3 billion population can be your country's strength...but not when they can't feed their people lol...

agree that more than half of china population = poor? yes if more than half are poor then china is poor simple as that

look im not a racist, i have a few chinese frineds from china...and only like 1% pop. of china can afford to come to us.. and yes, only those are rich...the international ones.... not so much on americanized chinese.... i know this b/c those international ones tell me how china still has a LONG WAY to go.. so many people are suffering, which is unfortunate...it's unfortunate that theres a good chance that china will be the next russia...trend looks very similar... breaking into many countries...too much conflict within the country
china learned how to cover their weaknesses with high-rises in shanghai and beijing...trying to make themselves look modern...but that's just a cover up...that's only 1%...yes china is growing and growing, but if majority of people are suffering, that's not adequate of being superpower...i'm saying china can be superpower.. not within 50years,, but maybe by 2200 who knows...feels like im going against 1 billion people right now lol

who should i listen to? people from china who happen to study same material as i do or americanized chinese who likes to look at shoes?

idiot.

Newsweek's rating system is subjective at the end of the day. No one can decide what is more important when ranking a country. End of the day, just a bunch of opinions.

Newsweek's rating system is subjective at the end of the day. No one can decide what is more important when ranking a country. End of the day, just a bunch of opinions.

1. This fight was
roll.gif
Athletes should never fight, unless they are boxing.

2. Can't believe people still arguing with this troll. Dude can barely read or write; wouldn't be surprised if it was some 8th grader

1. This fight was
roll.gif
Athletes should never fight, unless they are boxing.

2. Can't believe people still arguing with this troll. Dude can barely read or write; wouldn't be surprised if it was some 8th grader

Originally Posted by JWing

The relations between china and U.S.A is a symbiotic one. Don't even.

Originally Posted by JWing

The relations between china and U.S.A is a symbiotic one. Don't even.

yea you have timothy geithner begging on his knees asking china to revalue their currency while the chinese just laughs at him and swims in the 850 billion treasury notes pool
do you have any idea what can happen if china decides to dump them?

yea you have timothy geithner begging on his knees asking china to revalue their currency while the chinese just laughs at him and swims in the 850 billion treasury notes pool

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Fairy tales.

China cares about one thing and one thing only. Growth.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Fairy tales.

China cares about one thing and one thing only. Growth.

Back
Top Bottom