Chinese New Year 12s

And since we got the FL apps in NYC/NJ, I have hit on every release for multiples, including limited stuff. Why? Because I spend a ton at FL stores year after year. I'm a good customer to have but Nike gives me no reason to buy from them. The unfairness of the Draw is another (big) reason.

I honestly believe the only reason Nike hasn't created a new app system to better instore drops is because they don't feel like spending the time/money on it.

Us thinking the snkrs app was made as a way of Nike terminating the bots was just us thinking small minded. It was to build sales through mobile by being easy and convenient. Nike was just one of many companies simultaneously making mobile apps for this same reason

Please elaborate on strippers. I'm intrigued

When dancers give out their numbers while they're working, it's usually a "fake" number that is through an app or program. They use "fake" numbers so that they can communicate with customers to try to build up a rapport (for repeat business) without giving out something that a customer can use to actually find them in their regular lives. Giving out the number also makes the customers think the girl likes them. Source: dancers I'm cool with.

I honestly believe the only reason Nike hasn't created a new app system to better instore drops is because they don't feel like spending the time/money on it.

Us thinking the snkrs app was made as a way of Nike terminating the bots was just us thinking small minded. It was to build sales through mobile by being easy and convenient. Nike was just one of many companies simultaneously making mobile apps for this same reason

Agree 100%.

When dancers give out their numbers while they're working, it's usually a "fake" number that is through an app or program. They use "fake" numbers so that they can communicate with customers to try to build up a rapport (for repeat business) without giving out something that a customer can use to actually find them in their regular lives. Giving out the number also makes the customers think the girl likes them. Source: dancers I'm cool with.

I ordered 2 pairs from kicks crew and got shipping confirmation. I need another pair for my boy, does anyone know if ill be charged the import fees and taxes since I will have bought more than $800 worth of items from kicks crew? or does the $800 rule only apply to individual orders

you dont grow as a business by selling to people who only have 6+ purchases.
So you grow it by selling to the resellers who create 1,000 accounts for the Draw? I don't get your point. My point was that "fake" accounts are easily spotted. Week-old accounts and accounts without at least $100 in purchases shouldn't be eligible for the Draw. It's a simple fix to make the Draw more fair so that a more causal consumer has a chance at limited product.
you contradict yourself tho....

First you say Nike shouldn't allow entrants if they don't have $100 in purchases.

Then you say Nike should make the draw more fair for the casual customer.

the casual customer is the customer that doesn't spend alot tho.  so which one do you want?

and there is no defense against bots, so people should just get over that.  the same brain that creates a software that blocks bots is the same brain that creates bot software.  

example:  SoleMartyr could fill either role

First you say Nike shouldn't allow entrants if they don't have $100 in purchases.

the casual customer is the customer that doesn't spend alot tho.  so which one do you want?

and there is no defense against bots, so people should just get over that.  the same brain that creates a software that blocks bots is the same brain that creates bot software.  

It's true that a company doesn't grow without getting new customers, but that's by offering promos on first purchases and offering free shipping when making an account/registering. Not through the draw

So I want to cop both these and the 8s tomorrow on Snkrs. I have two phones that have the sneakers app on them although theyre both connected to the same snkrs account. Can I cop both these and the 8s simultaneously  using the sneakers app on two diff  phones?

It's true that a company doesn't grow without getting new customers, but that's by offering promos on first purchases and offering free shipping when making an account/registering. Not through the draw
i've been collecting shoes since 1998.  last year i spent over $20,000 on sneakers (for myself and family/friends).  this year, i plan to spend only $500 or so, demoting myself from loyal to casual.  should i not win a draw this year?

So I want to cop both these and the 8s tomorrow on Snkrs. I have two phones that have the sneakers app on them although theyre both connected to the same snkrs account. Can I cop both these and the 8s simultaneously  using the sneakers app on two diff  phones?
i'd focus on the 12s on both phones

and buy the 8s in store

i've been collecting shoes since 1998.  last year i spent over $20,000 on sneakers (for myself and family/friends).  this year, i plan to spend only $500 or so, demoting myself from loyal to casual.  should i not win a draw this year?
I'm referring to what u were saying about brand new customers/accounts.
You're still a loyal customer if you're spending $500 on a company.
You should be given an advantage on draws over the brand new customer until he/she becomes a loyal customer (i.e. VIP).

Hey friend [emoji]128514[/emoji]. You're my best friend.

Not a contradiction at all. You're creating your own unnecessarily narrow definition of casual consumer to sidestep my point. I didn't say anything about spending a little or a lot. To me, casual consumers are folks who don't game the system (fake Draw accounts, backdooring). Casual consumers enter one raffle entry on SNKRS and keep it moving. Casual consumers are people who don't have the time or energy to set up servers and bots on Friday night because they would rather be at happy hour instead but still want to cop the new 12s. And they don't have time during the week because they're at events for work or just living life. But that's not even the point. It's about making the Draw more fair. Period.

We have already seen apps that limit bots, resellers, and backdooring: the Foot Locker apps. There should be a barrier to limit fake accounts and that makes it more fair for everyone. FL apps have done it by measuring real world behavior (purchases) to make raffles more fair. Have we heard of any bots cracking the FL apps? We haven't. Not saying it will never happen but it's been almost a year now. Closest I have seen are people claiming they can enter at more than 3 stores. And that still will only net that person one pair.

Plus, spending $100 at Nike is seriously not hard to do. Buy some Tech Fleece or some runners and you're at $100. Or make it $20 or $50. The amount just have to be enough to limit multiple entries from fake accounts.

I'm referring to what u were saying about brand new customers/accounts.
You're still a loyal customer if you're spending $500 on a company.
You should be given an advantage on draws over the brand new customer until he/she becomes a loyal customer (i.e. VIP).

Exactly. With the added benefit that you're providing a barrier to fake accounts winning raffles that should be won by "real" accounts.

I ordered 2 pairs from kicks crew and got shipping confirmation. I need another pair for my boy, does anyone know if ill be charged the import fees and taxes since I will have bought more than $800 worth of items from kicks crew? or does the $800 rule only apply to individual orders
Its per shipment, not overally amount spent at the 1 store.

Back
Top Bottom