Chinese New Year 12s

Did anybody else have a reserved pair of these on snkrs? I had a pair reserved until 5pm but I ended up passing on them. 

This weekends release is no different, bots will take everything before anyone has a chance.

Even their instore draw system is pathetic. Half of the winners are people not even remotely close to a nike store.
If they care they should have a seat and take notes from the adidas and footlocker apps

Even their instore draw system is pathetic. Half of the winners are people not even remotely close to a nike store.
If they care they should have a seat and take notes from the adidas and footlocker apps

not a fan of addis app. Footlocker app only befits VIP members. Granted it's not hard to become VIP member. All apps have flaws.

not a fan of addis app. Footlocker app only befits VIP members. Granted it's not hard to become VIP member. All apps have flaws.
Haven't won on the adidas app since last year's update but since it's location based I like the eliminates most unnecessary participants.

I actually feel the footlocker app is great. Smart business wise with bettering your chances with becoming VIP (which is easy to attain for us sneaker enthusiasts) and eliminates people from making 100 accounts. The "check in" headstart is dope cause it helps negate useless submissions. And the fact that u can only pick 3 stores is good. Spreads out the playingfield. Might get lucky and pick a size at a store that barely anyone submitted to and automatically win the pair there

2 retail chains releasing the men's CNY 12 here in the Philippines. Nike Forum held raffle entries, but entrants had to spend php3000 (~$60USD) in merchandise to get a raffle ticket. Never a fan of that sort of mechanic but I guess it deters the resellers...

The other major chain retailer Titan just announced FCFS of them... would have thought there would be more demand since with the Filipino-Chinese community, but I think the php12,145 (~$247USD) tag is pushing people away.

Last edited:
Haven't won on the adidas app since last year's update but since it's location based I like the eliminates most unnecessary participants.

I actually feel the footlocker app is great. Smart business wise with bettering your chances with becoming VIP (which is easy to attain for us sneaker enthusiasts) and eliminates people from making 100 accounts. The "check in" headstart is dope cause it helps negate useless submissions. And the fact that u can only pick 3 stores is good. Spreads out the playingfield. Might get lucky and pick a size at a store that barely anyone submitted to and automatically win the pair there

Somebody gets it. The FL apps are really well thought out. I've said this over and over but I still don't get why Nike doesn't use an algorithm that eliminates Draw entries from accounts that have no purchases. I rarely buy from Nike directly (there's just way more incentive to buy from places with loyalty programs and VIP discount programs) but even I have like 6 buys on my Nike account.

Somebody gets it. The FL apps are really well thought out. I've said this over and over but I still don't get why Nike doesn't use an algorithm that eliminates Draw entries from accounts that have no purchases. I rarely buy from Nike directly (there's just way more incentive to buy from places with loyalty programs and VIP discount programs) but even I have like 6 buys on my Nike account.

you dont grow as a business by selling to people who only have 6+ purchases.

you dont grow as a business by selling to people who only have 6+ purchases.

So you grow it by selling to the resellers who create 1,000 accounts for the Draw? I don't get your point. My point was that "fake" accounts are easily spotted. Week-old accounts and accounts without at least $100 in purchases shouldn't be eligible for the Draw. It's a simple fix to make the Draw more fair so that a more causal consumer has a chance at limited product.

Back
Top Bottom